Deep fried goose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I'm planning on frying another turkey this thanksgiving and have a couple Canada Geese that I was going to cook up as well. Fryer will already be set up, and ready to go, It'd be simple to do.

Any good recipes, marinades/injectates suggestions??

Almost all birds that hit my grill are injected with Tony Chachere's. They have several flavors but I always use Creole Style Butter.
I have used it on Chicken, Turkey, Wild Geese (Snows), Cornish Hens. Want to try it on some big chunks of Pork.
Good Luck

Boooooo....

Mace, I have not used a fryer, but have always used a grill. Have you ever used an injectable marinade ?
I will be using a standard 22" Webber for a 15 lb bird.

Almost all birds that hit my grill are injected with Tony Chachere's. They have several flavors but I always use Creole Style Butter.
I have used it on Chicken, Turkey, Wild Geese (Snows), Cornish Hens. Want to try it on some big chunks of Pork.
Good Luck
Same here.

I inject my turkeys each year. My mother loves using her webber kettle, She has killed more birds on that damn thing (and hams) than I care to count lol.

Mom uses the fire alarm to know when food is done tho..

Mace, and others,
Considering a Butterball counter top turkey fryer. Anyone have experience with this type of unit?
Watching all the infomercials, and my parents don't like the smoked/grilled version I do on the Webber.
Looking for options as the other half can absolutely roach a bird in the oven.
-Jim

Mace, and others,
Considering a Butterball counter top turkey fryer. Anyone have experience with this type of unit?
Watching all the infomercials, and my parents don't like the smoked/grilled version I do on the Webber.
Looking for options as the other half can absolutely roach a bird in the oven.
-Jim
No experience with the counter top fryers, but just looking at them I would not use it. We've been frying turkeys exclusively for 15 years now and it's not something you want to do inside, if that's what you were thinking. Just buy a burner stand and a 30 qt pot for $40 total. I assume you have propane tanks already. All the big box stores sell the rack and hook to lift the bird out.

I'd never fry a bird that big in the kitchen.. Outside is much safer.

My father in law has one of those indoor turkey fryers and has been doing it indoors. Hasn't had any issue with it, typically uses it at least 3 times a year. I was a little concerned when he did it indoors the first time but all was good. Just follow the instructions and use common sense and you should be good.

Cheers,
Salue

BTW, ended up super tough lol..

No, the turkey I treated the exact same way was moist and delicious dark or light..

I'm actually kinda confused at it..

That is weird

? Less fat in a wild bird, when I cook duck breasts, they come out looking like a rare piece of beef.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom