Builds Snoopy Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OME mediums in! Next I'll be going with Nitto Terra Grapplers 297/75

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

Snoopy is looken mighty sharp and ready for action.
Have you heard about those 3° caster correction bearings Slee has? This would be a good time to correct caster & camber if you have not already address it. I do not have them, but I'm looking that direction when it comes time for me to do my front end.

I just used the OME castor correction bushings. I'll see how the hold up but she handles fantastic. Going with OEM extended brake lines and rotors next. Gonna knock out some axle service while I'm in there. And Thanks!

image.jpeg

Well this is a giant pain in the balls. Finally got it all off. Gotta rough sand, tape and rattle can. Then put my awesome @reevesci rack back on. On the bright side after letting the screws soak in free all over night, all the nutserts stayed put. This will be a simple "screw covered in seam sealer fix before the paint.

[QUOTE="Explorer4Hire, post: 10017003, member: 111468"

Well this is a giant pain in the balls. Finally got it all off.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got through it just fine. Couple trick I learned in the trade. A heat gun really helps with removing adhesive or decals. For the foam stuff you where removing an adhesive wheel in a cordless drill makes very quick work of that job. Ten minutes tops and you would have had that off. Makes a bit of a mess, I will typically take a blown gun and then some mineral spirits for the final clean up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446517836.361261.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446517844.997466.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Yea. I went the hard way. Some of those spots are bare metal. But it's treated and primed now. Paint in the morning.

So next on my list is:

Sliders

Rear swingout on factory bumper

Knuckle service and new rotors/extended brake lines

Final coat is drying. There are a few gouges and a little adhesive I missed. But it's definitely adequate for temporary work until I figure out what I'll do paint/liner wise. The better prepped areas look good. If my timetable for a family trip wasn't so tight I would have prepped a bit more. It will look well enough once dry.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom