6/13/09 Rubicon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: Rubicon

The most famous 4WD trail of all. We are meeting up at Wentworth Springs campground on Friday to get an early start on the trail Saturday morning.

Date: Saturday, June 13th, 2009

Meeting Time:N/A Leave Time: 8:00 am

Meeting Location: Wentworth Springs campground on 6/12.

Trail Difficulty: Mostly 4

Additional Equipment needed:Extra food, gas, and water. This is an overnight trip so be prepared with your camping gear.

Duration of Run: Two days.

Tread Lightly 146.460 simplex/CB Channel 3

BBCNN

X2 :bounce::bounce2:

Got some work to do though!

Head count?

I'm in 100% baring something really going south on my rig. I'll be solo.
Who else is in?
Passengers?

Shawn, is Z gonna make it this year?

Im in solo as well.
Ill either be up Friday noc, or EARLY Sat. AM!
Ive got a few lil odds and ends to clear up after the last run.

K

There is oil in both my differentials and springs on all four corners.

So is it done, done? Or do you still have to finish the anti-wrap bar?

Getting close.

Jack

So is it done, done? Or do you still have to finish the anti-wrap bar?

Getting close.

Jack
just the wrap bar.
I need to fab the piece parts then get Chicago to weld them up for me.

That and go through all the tools and supplies to make sure I have everything. There are a few things I'm adding to my standard supplies like brake klean and permatex.

Yep, Z's a go for this trip.:D

just the wrap bar.
I need to fab the piece parts then get Chicago to weld them up for me.

That and go through all the tools and supplies to make sure I have everything. There are a few things I'm adding to my standard supplies like brake klean and permatex.

Get it over here!
Im no longer "bitchy", so its safe again.
Bagged the show, so Im good to go.

K

Yep, Z's a go for this trip.:D
Great, do his feet reach the pedals yet?;)

Get it over here!
Im no longer "bitchy", so its safe again.
Bagged the show, so Im good to go.

K

Keith FYI, I solved my "boat in the basement" problem. (After adding leaf's back into my spring packs the truck was too tall to get out of the garage.)

I jacked the rear DS axle and front PS frame up until the tires were just touching the ground. That compressed the rear DS spring. Then I strapped the axle to the cross member. Repeated on the other side. With the springs compressed the truck was short enough to drive out of the garage.

I think I might want to add an eye to the anti wrap bar so I can install a HF ATV winch on the cross member. That way when ever I need to get in or out of the garage all I have to do is winch the suspension down.

Great, do his feet reach the pedals yet?;)

Keith FYI, I solved my "boat in the basement" problem. (After adding leaf's back into my spring packs the truck was too tall to get out of the garage.)

I jacked the rear DS axle and front PS frame up until the tires were just touching the ground. That compressed the rear DS spring. Then I strapped the axle to the cross member. Repeated on the other side. With the springs compressed the truck was short enough to drive out of the garage.

I think I might want to add an eye to the anti wrap bar so I can install a HF ATV winch on the cross member. That way when ever I need to get in or out of the garage all I have to do is winch the suspension down.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
BTW, that hanger is finished.
Do you wanna pick it up to grind it down, or how do you wanna do that?

K

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
BTW, that hanger is finished.
Do you wanna pick it up to grind it down, or how do you wanna do that?

K
PM sent.

BTW I got the Harbor Freight ad today, 2000# utility winch $39.99.:grinpimp:
Now all I need is a cheap set of 10' jumper cables to make the power run. :lol:

The long range forcast calls for showers and isolated T-storms through next Saturday.:grinpimp:

I'll be open top for this run.:lol:

Maybe I should get some new rain gear this weekend.

I am headed up to the Rubicon to check it out. I am going to hike in a ways and take pictures. Del Albright told me yesterday there was some muddy spots but it was doable. I am taking the 4 runner so I will leave it at the trailhead and hike in a ways. Albert, Brad, and I (from Fallon) will be there Thursday night and hope to see you fellas somewhere on the trail. Our plan is to camp at Rubicon Springs. Be back late tonight (Mark)

I am headed up to the Rubicon to check it out. I am going to hike in a ways and take pictures. Del Albright told me yesterday there was some muddy spots but it was doable. I am taking the 4 runner so I will leave it at the trailhead and hike in a ways. Albert, Brad, and I (from Fallon) will be there Thursday night and hope to see you fellas somewhere on the trail. Our plan is to camp at Rubicon Springs. Be back late tonight (Mark)
Are you guys going in from Wentworth or Loon?

Tentatively, we will be going in at Loon Lake. It was great up there today. We went in at the Tahoe side. The parking lot was completely empty (not one vehicle). I hiked in several miles and saw a quad, motorcycle, stock toyota pickup, black FJ Cruiser, red Jeep Cherokee, and brown Jeep Rubicon. The weather was great - cool, with a slight breeze. Saw a little snow way up high on the peaks, but none on the road. When I left there was 2 pickups in the parking/staging area. Wanted to make it over to Loon side too, but way to tired and it would have been getting dark. Just for info.. Albert drives a white Jeep, Brad drives a black primer Cherokee, and I drive a tan FJ 40. Can't wait for the weekend, take care, Mark

Tentatively, we will be going in at Loon Lake. It was great up there today. We went in at the Tahoe side. The parking lot was completely empty (not one vehicle). I hiked in several miles and saw a quad, motorcycle, stock toyota pickup, black FJ Cruiser, red Jeep Cherokee, and brown Jeep Rubicon. The weather was great - cool, with a slight breeze. Saw a little snow way up high on the peaks, but none on the road. When I left there was 2 pickups in the parking/staging area. Wanted to make it over to Loon side too, but way to tired and it would have been getting dark. Just for info.. Albert drives a white Jeep, Brad drives a black primer Cherokee, and I drive a tan FJ 40. Can't wait for the weekend, take care, Mark
If there are any Hams we run 146.460, our STD CB channel is 3 but we don't use it much anymore.

I put in for Friday OFF, but Im the only one of THREE open heart people on Friday's, so Im not too sure that will happen. If I cant get the day off, Ill be heading up right after work. That will put me at camp around 8 or 9.
ALMOST ready. Im still waiting on parts for the rear drums...Finding that self adjustment kit for the rear drums is QUITE a PITA! I ordered the kit from NAPA, but the guy screwed up and the order didnt go in till YESTERDAY when it was supposed to go out last Wed. I found all the stuff that I needed at Kragen of all places. So Ill probably be doing that Wed when it all comes in there.
That is one of the BAD things about crusiers.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom