now hot wheels FJ40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so in addition to the matchbox FJ40's, Hot Wheels is getting in on the action again. these hopefully will be easier to find. I just found out from a friend at work that collects hot wheels. I found 5 in 2 days. there is yellow and blue. the Match box one is pictured below that is still out there and they may be doing another color again soon.
anyone that can find these, pick them up. I just gave away 4 Matchbox ones at the last meeting, and they were gone in 60 seconds.:lol: sorry couldn't resist that one, but yes literally one minute.
100_8662.JPG
100_8661.JPG
100_8665.JPG

What's with the fugly front bumper and the heep-style roll cage? If this one has bigger tires than the Matchbox one, maybe I can use the Hot Wheels chassis to lift my Matchbox. :)

What's with the fugly front bumper and the heep-style roll cage? If this one has bigger tires than the Matchbox one, maybe I can use the Hot Wheels chassis to lift my Matchbox. :)

modifications...I love it! and I just looked, it does have bigger wheels than the matchbox.:D I think the bumper and whole theme is from the one that raced the Baja 1000.

and David, I believe I have an extra "Anaconda" color FJ40 you can have if you can't find one.

Any hints on where someone might find these retail? I even looked at ordering a couple for the kids on-line but couldn't find a source.

Search diecast forums for Land Cruiser, just pay extra for shipping (less expensive than gas), or search every single rack of any Target/ToyRUs close by...

Go to the stores on Thursday or Friday, ahead of the weekend, before the crowds...

Monday/Tuesday, they are empty!!!
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg

Last edited:
I found 2 of the hot wheels in Walmart, and 3 in Pricerite in the SV. the Matchbox, I found most in Walmart, some in target. I just look everytime I go in. these FJ40's are medium hot with collectors. trust me, you won't beat those guys to the punch. my buddy from work that has a collection of over 2000 has sat at walmart 'til 2am to get first shot at the new stock. also they get to know/bride the store workers to set aside/hide the super hot ones. FJ40's aren't super hot, so we can have hope to find them.
I would check the stores in the lower income areas of town. there are less collectors in those areas.

rmirandayopo, that is a nice collection! I see you found all 4 Matchbox colors. that blue one on the far end is super cool and looks just like my 40! this is my collection. they are taking over my firetrucks.
100_8667.jpg
100_8669.jpg

rmirandayopo, where did you find the 43 with tire on the bonnet? I love the modded blue 40, shawn needs that.

shawn, your diecast with the brown boxes on the lid was on my groom's cake at our wedding. :) I'll take you up on the anaconda offer, hold onto it for me please. I'll let you know if I find one, but I haven't seen any 40s at all in a long time. I had to buy a 10 pack to get the red one and never found the mustard one.

sweet, I'm just missing the light green, I got the zebra one as well...

take a look :)

Picasa Web Albums - rmirandayopo - 0409 FJ40

I see! so you modded the blue one. did you reuse the same bottom piece or use the one from the other truck? was that a spring over in effect that I see? the thread was to hold the 'axle' on? I can do that. give me some more details on what you did.

the light green one had some leopard skin stickers on it. we found a bunch at our zoo in Albuquerque, they don't carry them anymore, and Pappy checked recently. too bad. I have a couple of them that are semi broken from my kids. maybe I can mod them similar.:idea:

David, it's yours. I didn't find any in the SV this morning at Walmart on Coors/Rio Bravo.

beno, bring them to SNT... What models are we taking about?

bionicruiser: is the same frame, I just got new tires from another vehicle and did the SOA conversion myself...

Yes, thread was used to hold the 'axle' on...

Yes, I learned that trick at elementary school, so it is a kids stuff... any one can do it....

found 3 more blue ones this morning. :D and the Zebra stripe matchbox in a 10 pack. I got it since there's a couple trucks in it with the large tires that I can use to mod one to look like mine.

I got the yellow, the red and the zebra from 10 packs... that is the price of wanting something...

keep us posted with your progress...

Do not open the FJ40 first...

take any unwanted item and practice there, when you are confortable with the technique, then, take the 40...

remember that it is a plastic frame, so do not melted with the drill heat...

Last edited:
another score. in the Walmart in Rio Rancho that I got 2 from just 2 days ago, must have restocked. found 3 blue ones. below is a pic of the zebra one in a 10 pack(not my pic).
attachment.php

also scored on something I didn't even know about until I searched mud for these things. found this thread-matchbox 09 series FJ40 seriously cool stuff people have found. including FJ45's!

I found 4 of them today. they are in a slightly different area than the normal $1 ones and actually are just under $4. it is this-
attachment.php

Diamond plate?!?

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom