Snookered - Duplicolor Bed Armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
Duplicolor Bed Armor is supposed to be a very tough coating reinforced with Kevlar.

I'm here to tell you it's crap.

Following the instructions to a T, I applied 2 coats, let it dry for several days. If I look at it, it peels off. I can actually pry off the texture pieces with a fingernail and peel off the coating.

Placing sliders on jackstands results in the coating falling off. Should be nice when I run it over a rock or into a tree.

It looks like crap too. Someone said "black mud".

Anyway, Rust Bullet is awesome to work with and totally worth it, imho it beats Zero Rust hands down - and is so much easier to use than POR15. Hopefully it'll be as tough as POR.

BumpIt step sliders ftw! Love 'em.

haha so much for never gonna lift or armor it :D

sorry the product didnt turn out so hot but thanks for sharing the experience and opinions.
How bout some pics of the BumpIt units ?

I myself have tried most if not all off the shelf liners and have not found any really worth anything for what i needed. I had a professional one sprayed into my dually with the Kevlar and it was so bad after awhile i ended up telling them to just give me a drop in liner to put over top of it. I am pretty tough on my trucks though.

U-POL Raptor Black has held up very well on my fenders. it has chipped off a little on my sliders, but i think that has been mainly due to my driving stlye.

I had the same issue with Duplicolor. The stuff is absolute CRAP. I did have good luck with hurculiner though. My dad sprays his trailers with this stuff called Scorpion...same as most of your line-X type coating. It is pretty cheap as well.

Now that raptor stuff has held up nicely on my 45. But arround here you can only get it from a few paint shops and not your local yocal auto parts places.

U-POL Raptor Black has held up very well on my fenders. it has chipped off a little on my sliders, but i think that has been mainly due to my driving stlye.

Eric, I totally forgot about U-Pol! I should have used this.

I've used herculiner in my old *eep. It has still held up well - but is a pain to try & clean. Always a little dirty looking.

I like my POR-15 primer, POR-15 metal fill, and herculiner combo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom