bill dorry style ps conversion bracket kits!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
i guess it's about time I post this in the classifieds since a lot of fellow cruiser-heads have pm'd and emailed me about these as well as the numerous posts in the 40 forum.....

anyways, as most of you guys know, bill decided to retire from making his trick PS brackets a few months ago. i worked out a deal with him and "bought" his designs. so now I'm manufacturing and selling the brackets since i feel that there's a definite need for them.

these brackets are designed to allow the use of a sag PS pump on the F and 2F engines and a Toyota mini-truck style PS box on fj40s and fj45 frames in place of the stock manual steering box.

the bracket kit for the PS pump goes for $119 plus $18.50 shipping in the continental USA. the kit includes a ps pump bracket, and adjuster bracket and a complete set of hardware. the brackets are now laser cut from 1/4" steel plate and then formed. they will work on an F engine if you use a different air cleaner but will not work with the stock air cleaner. they will work with any 2F engine, even if you have to run the smog pump and according hoses/plumbing.

the bracket kit for the ps box is designed specifically for the fj40 and fj45 frames and will not fit anything else. it replaces the factory manual steering box pedestal and gets bolted in it's place so you will need to remove the 4 rivets and the pedestal prior to installation. this kit consists of the HD pedestal manufactured from 1/2" steel angle iron and includes the proper hardware as well. I have recently upgraded the manufacturing process for the pedestals. the 8 holes are now CNC machined so there has been a slight price increase to cover the extra machining costs. price is $129 plus $18.50 shipping.

I can sell you both kits for $273 including shipping.

We have also designed a Sag PS pump conversion kit for the FJ60 which is readily available.

We also offer the PS plate kits for the sag PS boxes as well as pitman arms, TREs, drag links, and a few other parts to complete a successful ps conversion.

here are some pics, let me know if you have any questions. i will post a couple of links to the "install threads" posted on here.

install thread by Romer:

My Mini-truck Power Steering Install

thanks a lot!!!!!

georg @ valley hybrids

*Pricing updated 09/13/2023

IM000878.jpg
IM000881.jpg
IM000899.jpg

Last edited:
2 more pics of the latest install at my shop on a 77 fj40
IM000882.JPG
IM000883.jpg

Bring me the pump bracket to the Crawl in October. (Please)

Later,

thanks for the replies guy. i'll pm you both.

as far as payment methods are concerned, i accept cash, money orders, cheks, credit cards and paypal. take your pick.

thanks again!!!!!

georg @ valley hybrids

thanks for the orders!!!!!!!

just sent out a few more, i appreciate the business!

georg @ valley hybrids

Do you have a picture that shows where the adjuster bracket goes?

Thanks,

orangeFJ45,

Now I see it! Thanks for pointing me to the right place.

I took a look at Romer's write-up. It is very helpful and lots of belt and pulley info.

I will be ordering a bracket from you in the next couple of days.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Payment Sent!

Thanks Georg!

Hi Georg,
PM sent for a pump bracket. Thanks.

Richard

awesome, thanks guys, i do appreciate all the support. :cheers:

and i'd like to thank bill once again for coming up with the idea and striking a deal with me to continue the availability of these items. :wrench:

georg @ valley hybrids

Hey Georg,

Thanks for keeping parts like these available. Payment has been sent for a pump bracket set. Thanks again.

Richard

So it will come as a surprise to no one who knows Georg, but the brackets were waiting for me when I got back from Utah. They are gorgeous - very stout and well finished. :bounce:

I'm getting to grinding out the rivets this weekend! Thanks!

Dan

thanks for the replies guys. i do appreciate the business and props. :cool:

georg @ valley hybrids

Just curious what people with an F are doing to relocate their air cleaner when doing this? Sounds like the alternator can be moved over to the passenger side with the 2F alternator bracket but what about the air cleaner? Is it possible to make a spacer for the air cleaner bracket to raise it up some to clear the pump?

the early F engines are a little tougher to convert than the later counterparts since they do not have the holes drilled and tapped on the passenger side for the 2F alt brackets.
you could change the air cleaner to a different design. i know that marv at sor has some ir cleaners for the F engines that reach over the top of the valve cover, leaving plenty of room for the ps bracket and pump.
otherwise, you can always run a K&N style air cleaner on there as well. that way you can eliminate the entire oem setup.

9/72 (73 year model) engine looks like it has some forward thread holes in the head on the passenger side where the bracket goes? I will look for the K&N style cleaner/housing. Thanks Georg I am getting close to ordering some brackets, just want to put my parts list together first and figure out all the things I need to get and costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom