Digital Engine Temp Gauge w/Alarm to overcome OEM DEAD SPOT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
TM-2 Engine WatchDog Digital Temp Gauge with custom settable ALARM

Hi all,

As some of you are aware, your Toyota Temp Gauge has a huge dead spot by design. I believe this is the case with a lot of cars actually.

There is a thread by RavenTai who with the help of Semlin and others came up with a mod to make our OEM gauge in our 80 series linear. It's a great read - I recommend it...

This was an important thing to achieve for me after reading about all the head gasket issues with the 80 series.

Since my 93 doesn't have OBDII, so a scangauge was not an option - and the thought of pulling out my instrument cluster was scary for me - I bought one of these digital gauges with an ALARM that is settable.

This was literally a 15 minute install and gave me the benefit that I could set an AUDIBLE ALARM at the temp I wanted.

It is VERY EASY to install... you install the sensor under a bolt - either on the head near the OEM sensor - ie. the nut on the water outlet of the head or do what I did because I already had a water temp gauge on the top radiator hose - I installed it under the thermostat bolt - so now I can monitor the water temp coming out of the radiator / going into the thermostat with the digital gauge.

I liked the fact that I could set an alarm - so if I wasn't looking - it will let me know if something is wrong!

There is also an orange wire that can be hooked up to your low oil light on your dash - this makes the alarm go off for that also :)

Also, due to the sensor type which installs under any bolt/nut, you can get temps from anywhere you want under your bonnet - ie. I have one under my Thermostat bolt at the moment....

Other's have installed the sensor under the bolt holding the water outlet onto the head which is real close to the OEM sensor... The temps from there matched my temps on my other water temp gauge with the sensor in the top radiator hose.

They are made here in Australia... They are called a TM-2 Engine WatchDog - so I bought a heap and got a slightly lower price for my friends here in Australia who have been buying them and installing them.. They are only $149 AUD :)

You can get info on them from my website TM-2 Engine Watchdog With Settable ALARM at FULL WAVE MARINE

I have decided to offer ih8mud users the same deal - including FREE Delivery to USA. (Delivery is quoted as 1 week to USA) If anyone wants any - The ones I have in stock are in degrees C - I can get them over-night in degree's F if you want that... To get Free Delivery in the US or one in degree's F please put in the comments of your order your username on ih8mud and Degree's F if that's what you want.

On that site, you can pay by paylpal or credit card.

Here's the fitting instructions for anyone interested in how easy it is to install the sensor...

'EASY FIT'
TEMPERATURE SENSOR LOCATION

Mount the sensor in a convenient location where it will reflect the engine temperature correctly, or as near the heat source as possible. In this example we are monitoring the engine block temperature, so a tappet cover bolt has been chosen. To use the sensor as a engine cooling system monitor mount the sensor under a thermostat housing bolt.

The SENSOR HOLE size is 10mm ( 3/8")

Slip the heat sensor under the bolt and replace the bolt to its original position and tension.

IT'S THAT EASY! No possibility of car coolant leaks or electrolysis.

Secure the lead so there is no possibility it will be damaged, use the spiral wrap provided if required. If possible, avoid running the sensor lead right next to sparkplug leads, the coil or distributor.

Here is some photo's of it in my cruiser..
centreconsole.jpg
tm2andsensor.jpg
tm2_sensor_009.jpg

Last edited:
I like this; more goodies for the beast.

US cost shipped to 93004 (so Cal) would be?

how long for delivery?

do you take paypal?

nevermind....just re-read the post....

BUMP

$149 AUD including shipping anywhere in the states.

It depends on the conversion rate your credit card or paypal is paing at the time but the exchange rate is currently 0.95 roughly - so slightly less that $149 US I would say....

Yes Paypal or credit card :)

Guys,

Just thought I would update that we now include a louder alarm with these so even with your sound system on (unless it is deafening loud) you will hear and see the alarm condition.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask....

Hi Andrew,

IT will be shipped in a few hours :)

I am sure you will love this as much as I and many others do !

Make sure you post back and let us know what you think of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom