Your YT 2012 Official Wheeling Schedule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rain76king

Wicked Pissah Cruisah Haulah a NLC.
Threads
*April 15th - Spring Meeting at Wellesley Toyota in Wellesley Massachusetts.
We will be going over the business of the club and presenting the "Points" winners for this years participation incentive program.
After the meeting is over we will have a catered lunch from Wellesley Toyota.

*April 28th-29th - -Overland Experts Training-
Off-road driving school. Overland recreational, professional and military training. 4x4 travel. -- Overland Experts
2 day training, held on a Saturday and Sunday . The training would consist of approach angles, off camber situations and advanced recovery. OEX's overreaching theme is to teach the Science of Off Road and 4x4 driving and Overland travel so that the natural Art and Finesse of the new skill set is in your hands and mind when the going gets rough and the skill is needed in an instant.
OEX also has one of the coolest fleet of imported and well outfitted Toyotas anywhere in the US! 70 series, 80s, Newer Hilux trucks, 60 series and the list goes on. As part of your training you will be able to practice in these vehicles or use your own!

*May 5th - Trail cut at Kina's in NH.
We wheel it and we should help maintain it.

*May 19th - Gremlin Grave Yard (YT members) - Private property in Central MA - This area is recommended for stock vehicles and up. Vehicle limit is 20 rigs.
There is some moderate stuff with the opportunity to cut more. Long term potential to build hard stuff but nothing in the immediate future.MA OHV registration
should be in hand.

June 1st-3rd - Gretchen's in NH (YT members) Property has camping and a bath house.This property has moderate to extreme trails, there are class VI roads in the area as well.
There are additional fees associated for wheeling and camping on this property.

June 30th - Kina's (YT Members) Moderate to difficult trail system located in a beautiful area of NH, Pulled Pork, Omlettes and shine on the menu again this year?

July 11th-14th - Gotham City Landcruiser's Coal Mine Cruiser Classic at Rausch Creek. Had a great time down there last year.
The new KOA campground they are using is great. Would like to see more YT members head down. There is a group of us heading down as of now.

July 28th - DeadFall - (YT Members) Courtesy of E4W - Dead Fall, located in Western MA has lots of rock ledges to play on and depending on the weather, some mud.
There is room for trailers as well for those that tow. Vehicle requirements for this trail are 33's locked front and rear or 35's and one locker. There is parking
available so if you don't meet these requirements you are still welcomed to tag along, grab a seat or just watch us knucklehead wheel our poop.
There is also a KOA campground that is local for those looking to camp and wheel.

August 3-5 - Frick's BBQ in CT see https://forum.ih8mud.com/ma-nh-yankee-toys/601633-1st-annual-tool-drool.html for more details.

August 8/18 - Moose Mountain (YT Members) Muddy and difficult from what I have been told. Didn't make it out there last year but I heard there is plenty of trails for guys looking
for a challenge. Expect mud, primitive camping available.

September 8th-9th - Garry's VT Run - One of my favorite runs two years ago. Unfortunately we had to cancel the run last year due to the devastating effects the storm had on the region.
This year we are hoping to have at it again and make our way back to VT.

September 27th-30th - Fall Gathering - (YT Members)An amazing way to welcome in the Fall with friends, wheeling and foliage!

October 20th - Old Florida Rd. Western MA unmaintained roards. No MA OHV sticker required
October 20th - Ma Bell (Western MA)
October 20th - The Summit (Western MA) MA OHV registration should be in hand.

NOTE:
Yankee Toy's runs are for Yankee Toy's members. If a member wishes to bring a driver-guest, that guest must be registered and cleared with the YT BOD before hand. Members who bring guests are responsible for their guests actions, both on and off the trail as it pertains to proper land use, conduct, and adherence to club policies and rules.
Yankee Toys takes no responsibility for damages or injuries that may happen on the trail. We will always do our best to create a safe and family friendly atmosphere.

Thanks,
Bob
Rain76King@hotmail.com

Last edited:
There will be one more trail run added to the list in July once the dates have been cleared with the land owner.

Impressive schedule Bob! Nice job!

Deadfall?

Waiting on your prez to confirm the date.
That's the property to be added in July.

I think end of july would be good. Tom?

July 7th or July 28th will work.

We'll do the 28th then.
The 7th would be pretty close to cmcc.

So am I in bad standing if I miss 1 out of 2 NEA meetings??? Would prefer going to Kina's! (the other meeting I am going to is Kina's work day... guess I've been cut off?)

Eric

My bad Eric, it's hard to make all the dates work.
Maybe go to the meeting on the work day in May and we'll see if we can get coverage for the meeting that falls on Kina's in June?

Thanks

Last edited:
Is Gretchen's in June the club's official Spring Meeting?

No, the spring meeting will be held on April 15th at Wellesley Toyota. This is the meeting that covers club stuff.
Financial-officer elections-blah blah blah.
I would like people who are interested in where the club stands and where it's going to come. I understand not everyone wants to get involved in the political stuff and that some don't care for meetings but as my BOD and some know, they are pretty streamlined, quick and painless (I Hope!).

Plus there's free lunch and cruisers!

Maybe a local pub afterwards?

Last edited:
As far as I know there will be another club at Gretchen's that week.

Yep, we are sharing it with JonFund.

The NEA in an effort to keep the revenue to Gretchen streaming, has asked that clubs partner up at Gretchen's much like we did with NTC.
There are blackout dates however where only one club can have it and one of those is our Fall Gathering.

No, the spring meeting will be held on April 15th at Wellesley Toyota. This is the meeting that covers club stuff.
Financial-officer elections-blah blah blah.
I would like people who are interested in where the club stands and where it's going to come. I understand not everyone wants to get involved in the political stuff and that some don't care for meetings but as my BOD and some know, they are pretty streamlined, quick and painless (I Hope!).

Plus there's free lunch and cruisers!

Maybe a local pub afterwards?

Or we could all go home and do our taxes - UGH!

Maybe I missed it, but you might consider adding "Spring Meeting" and the expanded explanation you posted in your reply to my post to the description on the calendar so other folks know. I will plan to attend now that I know.

As you all also know, I'm probably not up for anything to do with a Pub. :cheers:

Yep, we are sharing it with JonFund.

The NEA in an effort to keep the revenue to Gretchen streaming, has asked that clubs partner up at Gretchen's much like we did with NTC.
There are blackout dates however where only one club can have it and one of those is our Fall Gathering.

Gretchen's is really getting torn up. I couldn't believe what I saw last year. I can only imagine how it will look in September.

How many times did you wheel it last year?
I have only been out there for trail maintenance so I don't have much to compare.

There's another private property we could wheel in Central NH for a weekend with primitive camping if anyone is in for it. It is definitely hardcore. There are also moderate trails nearby that require 33's and at least one locker.

I wouldn't mind being the point man for YT to gain access, but I don't want to get going in this direction if there's only 3 of us like last year at Moose Mtn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom