A Call For Officers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sporin

Site Addict
Threads
Website
www.ukemafia.com
As discussed previously, we will be posting an online special election in the next couple of weeks. This is an official call for Officers! The online voting will be up for the majority of January, with the final count happening on January 31st. Terms will run from January 31st to January 31st. ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN.

Please do NOT volunteer or nominate anyone else in this thread! Please post here if you wish to run for a Position, or email me privately (sporin@gmail.com). I will update this first post as people let me know.

Once your name is listed, please...

• Tell us about yourself!

• Why do you feel you would be good for the role and why you want to hold a position.

• What are your thoughts/plans/goals if elected?

President:
Bob OConnell (rain76king)

Vice President:
Scott Markley (scottymarks)

Treasurer:
Ernie Becker

Secretary:

Event Coordinator:

Trails Director:

Membership Director:
Jim Barton (mud eater)

NEA4WD Delegate: (need 2-3)
John Blackington (Mad Jack)

Rough outline of job descriptions:

President:
Monitor the MUD forum and try to answer any pertinent questions about the club and club activities. Work together with the rest of the BOD to plan events and trail runs. Sets and runs meetings.

Major expenditures and any discipline issues are decided on my a vote with the entire board. Whenever necessary major decisions are put to BOD vote.

Vice President:
2nd to the President, assists in all the same executive duties

Treasurer:
Manages the club funds, maintains the checking account, pays out to the NEA yearly, collects dues and event fees.

Secretary:
Helps manage the MUD forum, keeps notes from meetings and assists the BOD in executing votes and other BOD business

Event Coordinator:
Spearheads event planning, generally the Event Chair for Fall Gathering. Works hand in hand with…

Trails Director:
Works with Event Coordinator and BOD to receiver NEA trials and set Trail Run schedule.

Membership Director:
Oversees the old Email list, assists Treasurer with keeping membership rolls current.

NEA4WD Delegate: (need 2)
Attends NEA meetings (6 per year) and votes on YT's behalf​

Last edited:
Hello All,
My name is Bob OConnell, I live in Whitman, Massachusetts with my fiance Brianna and my dog Echo. I work for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston at Camp Harbor View (Camp Harbor View Foundation) a camp for Boston's "At Risk" teens.
I have been into wheeling since I was a kid. I have great memories of whipping around in the woods with my Dad in an old International Scout. The fondest moments were when he would chuckle and shout to me "hold on!". When I was 16 I went out and got my first truck to modify. My old man and I didn't have much in common other than wrenching and wheeling which helped us get over many bigger obstacles in life. One of the things that draws me to YT is it's family friendly atmosphere. This year, especially at the Fall Gathering I looked around and was taken back by the level of family participation. This is a feature I would love to see expanded and continued for the future.
I believe I would be a good fit for YT President because I'm a good leader,good listener and good communicator. I am interested in hearing from the members the direction in which they would like to see the club go, and trying with the BOD to accommodate those requests. I enjoyed the sticky "The future of Yankee Toys" because it was an open forum to discuss the direction the members would like to see the club move in. I found it helpful, insightful and wonder if it's worth keeping as a sticky for the future?
I'm detail oriented, I love to be involved in planning things, I'm even better when things are not working out the way we envisioned and adapting on the fly.
I would like to hold this position because I enjoy the club, the activities and it's members. I would enjoy the challenge in working with the BOD to make the club what it's members want. I would like to help the club continue in it's member growth and member participation.
I like the direction that Yankee Toys is going. I think the current BOD have done a great job with the club. I understand their need to move on and have new leadership step up. I am stepping up and here are some of the goals and directions I would like to see us consider as a club.
*I enjoyed Dave's idea for "Area Captains". For those who have stated that they would like to be involved, but on a limited basis with a smaller amount of responsibility this could be your role.
*I would like to see us actively recruit members. Our numbers are growing but more members +more money=more capital to either drive the costs of events down or to up our bank account so we can pursue other things....Such as-
*New wheeling spots, some people have recommended Rocky Mountain Terrain Park( RMTP: Maine's Premier Off Road Terrain Park). I have heard the prices are high but maybe with larger numbers we can drive down the costs. I have heard they offer different packages for the more cost conscious folks. I would be more than willing to "suss" this out.
*Would like to have at least one meet and greet or social event over the winter, and one volunteer project during the spring.
*Would like to hold one tech night in a more central location.
*I thought that the September run was great. I have always stated that I feel like I'm more of an Overlander because I enjoy the journey to a destination. Long Trail was a great end point and I would like to do a trip or two like that over the course of the year.
*There are guide services in Vermont and Maine for offroading enthusiasts. Maybe a club trail ride with a guide service would be a nice change of pace?
*I would like to work towards finding more sponsors. In recent conversations I have had with a few vendors they have been more than interested in participating.

Again these are all things I would like to discuss with the BOD and club members. If elected I'm open to new ideas and I feel that I'm more than approachable and willing to listen.

Thank you for your consideration,
Bob

Bio

YT's-

My name is Scott Markley, I live in Hampton, NH, with my girlfriend Brooke(hopefully soon to be fiance) and my dog Macey. I am originally from Valley Forge, PA but moved up here in 2001 to attend the University of New Hampshire. I currently work for a Harbour Capital Corporation we are an equipment finance company, I specialize in financing Class 8 Trucks and Trailers. This is done by maintaing a core network of dealer relationships across the Midwest and Southwest. Managing expectations and delivering on promises is essential to the success of my business.
I've been lucky to have had Landcruisers in my family for most of my life. My mom bought her first 80 in the early 90's, when I was ten or so, and then later purchased the '97 80 series that I'm currently driving. It passed through some other siblings prior to reaching myself but in March of this year (2010) I was able to buy it from my younger sister.
It was on that day that the addiction was fully born and I was led to "Mud" and from there I discovered Yankee Toys. Brooke and I attended the Spring Meeting without knowing anyone and we were met with a cold beer and welcome arms. This meeting was the beginning of several new friendships. We got the feeling everyone was there to have a good time share a common bond and help out one another when needed. This really resonated with us and we knew from that weekend that we wanted to continue sharing these experiences with this club.
I have decided to run as Vice President because I feel that I can contribute to the growth and overrall well being of the club. I will work with the BOD to develop and promote the YT name across New England. I strongly believe that we were given two ears and one mouth for a reason, I want to hear from our members about thoughts and ideas. I want all of our members to feel comfortable expressing there opinion.The BOD's are here to coordinate and plan events for you but the members make these events a success. (Let us know what you want and we'll do everything we can to make it happen)
I agree very strongly with Bob O'Connell's position/s on where this club should be going and how we intend on getting it there. That is why if you elect me as Vice President we will continue moving this great club forward.

I appreciate your consideration.
Scott

Hello all,

With the next BOD's permission, I'd like to continue on with working on the blog and this forum. This is not a BOD position, nor an elected position, but it's something that comes easily to me and I'd like to continue to volunteer my services for this duty.

Thank you,
Dave Morin

How do I join this group? I recently purchased a 75 FJ40 and I'm looking for a group to join. interested in trail rides and get togethers. LI'm located in Chester Vermont.

Thanks Mark

Hello Mark,
Thanks for reaching out. We are always looking for new members and are happy to see interest in our club events. We are just putting the final touches together with our PayPal account so please check our forum regularly for updates on joining. Once everything is up and running one of us will post up a link and you will be good to go.
Mark your calendar now for our annual Fall Gathering event that will be coming up on Columbus Day Weekend. It takes place at the Field and Forest Campground in Hancock, NH. A must go to event for all levels of wheeling experience. This is our 20th anniversary so we are expecting a record number of Trucks. You can also check out previous Fall Gathering events on YouTube.

Please Pm me if you have any other questions. I hope you are enjoying that FJ40.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom