The Official Post-Fall Gathering thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
Saturday Morning Breakfast At FG

Big thanks to those who did this. It was amazing. I walked over to the RV expecting to see a huge line and panicking cooks but saw instead perfectly prepared egg sandwiches neatly wrapped up ready to eat. I was impressed! They where so good!
applause.gif

Thank you volunteers!

BIG THANKS to all our trail leaders, organizers and other helpers, it couldn't have happened without this gigantic group effort.

Special thanks to Sheri, Jason, Jim and Lane! These folks deserve so much credit for all their hard work, planning and preparation.

Also a big thanks to all our volunteer trail leaders who all take a lot of responsibility on their shoulders when they take out a group. Every single one of them deserves a huge pat on the back.

This year, as with every year, there wasn't a single person that we asked to help that didn't eagerly step up and take on the challenge, Kina, Dave Nevison, Wally, Randy, and SO many other folks who pitched in, fixed other people's broken rigs, helped correct issues and problems as they arose, solicited raffle prizes, and all around just kicked butt for this club and it's members all weekend long.

This club continues to amaze me every year with their fantastic attitude, hard work and camaraderie. It is a privilege to be involved with Yankee Toys.

First Yankee Toys Fall Gathering-Definitely not the last!

A big Thanks to all of the Yankee Toys gang from us at the FJNortheasters. It was a well organized and enjoyable event. Nice to meet Dave, Sherri, Lane and the others for the first time and we anticipate seeing you again!:clap:

I broke a birfield and got a 6+ ft log caught between my drivers side rear spring and shock all the way up to the pass front tire and spring. It was an unbelievable sight and provided lots of laughs.

I stopped by Sunday morning before everyone left for the trails and I have to say thanks to all the friendly Landcruiser types. I also met a few people I have seen on the ih8mud forums. I'll get my cruiser there as soon as I get the engine replaced. Nice to see a bunch of 40s, 55s and those newer ones too.

Good food, good folks, good wheeling, as usual.
Wet, not usual.
Broken Birfield, very unusual (for me).

Thanks YT

And I just turned my LC calendar to October and... it's Junior at the FG!

Last edited:
Another amazing YT FG. Congrats to all who make this event better each year. The YT FG has made strides in the past few years, and everyone involved simply rocks.

Here are a few teaser shots:

FG 2009 - a set on Flickr

More photos to come....

Cheers!

The legend,
1wally.jpg

i think the guy selling raffle tickets needs to be added to the list boy that guy was everywhere selling tickets:)
great event and great people as usual I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to for as long as I wanted too. it being the longest trip Wilma has ever made I was a bit nervous for the old girl. she did great on the trip up and back and on the trail as well a few more bugs to work out. need to get the rear axle swapped so I can get ride of the lame wheels spacers. thank you Jim for he mechanical assistance and Tim for letting me have a set of wheel studs and lug nuts to rebuild my crappy spacer. so I could drive home

the rain made things interesting but did not suck the fun out of it by any means. thanks Rick for an excellent trail ride on Saturday. you had the most consistent look at the lv on the trail anything else you notice besides the tierod ends being a bit squashy?

great time great time
Jason

Another round of THANK YOU!!!!
Jason for selling so many winning tickets
All you hard working YT folk did it again;FG just keeps getting better!
Also BIG thanks to Gretchen for putting up with us!
And to all my friends for pitching in and helping out with multiple extractions and my personal Junkshow:rolleyes:, and to Tom and his bro for letting me use their welder, you guys rock
We had a great time, Thanks to all, good to see everyone again and meet some new people!

not to mention
FJ25
FJ45LV
HJ45
FJ40
FJ45
FJ55
FJ60
BJ70
BJ42
FJ80
FZJ80
FJC
Minis
Tacos
Runners
Tundra
FZJ100
Greg :hmm:

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone!!!

This was my first time with YT and I must say I am now officially hooked. What a great group of people. Even the weather could not keep me or anyone for that fact from having a great time!!

I can hardly wait for the next run!!!

A big thanks to the Stock 1 leader for be patient with us newbies.

On a side not, any pictures from the weekend would be cool..
IMG00096-20091003-1221.jpg

Good times..good times...

What an incredible event this year!!! I had an absolute blast!!! The weather was good... it may have rained, a lot, but it was warm!!! The trails rocked...yes pun intended. And good friends showed up without their rigs, just so we could hang, always a tough decision.

I also learned/realized/re-visited a few things:

You can never have enough tarps!

You can never have enough rope for said tarps!

A couple of trailers, under a tarp, in a rain storm, make the perfect platform for the "No s***, so there I was..." stories. Hey Dan... bing-bong:lol:

I witnessed the proverbial "Hold my beer" just prior to some potentially unsafe shenanigans.

An 80cc motor on a three wheeled bicycle, at night, after some beverages is a real thrill. See above. Thanks for bringing that Dan!!!

Man and machine... it really is a beautiful thing!

Land Cruiser... what a tough machine!!!

Q-78's are worth every penny!

Even though I, unfortunately, only see most of you once a year, I am privliged to call you my friends!!!

I also noticed, and was proud of, that individually we never seem to bring everything that we personally need for such an event. Be it parts, food, duct tape or extra dry socks. But collectively we had what someone else needed, and it was given without question. Kudos!!! (except for a rear drive shaft for an '85 mini truck, hope you made it home alright)

Points ignitions suck! Period! Great attitude Keiran, was a pleasure hangin' with you.

It's worth every penny, late night, skinned knuckle, welding burn, blood loss and cold shoulder from the SO to hear your friend laughing out loud as they smash their skid plate repeatedly down a hill like a turtle scrapes his belly. Still makes me chuckle Tim. Thanks.

A stock 40 with 33's can go into some amazing places!

Thank you ALL!!! For EVERYTHING!!! Looking forward to next year!!!

Junior.

Me and Mike want to say thanks as well. Had a great time but did bug out Saturday night to a dryer place.

And to all those nervous Nancys out there worried about the water crossings on trail 1, :flipoff2:, everything was fine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the water crossings on Trail 1, pretty exciting. Not used to see a bow wake come from the front of my ARB bumper. Quite a site!!

We did have one minor casualty. I believe one of the FJ40s in our group had some engine problems after the first crossing. I hope it's not a major issue.

I have to say thanks to the guy that followed him back to the campground to make sure he made it ok...

Good people in YT!!

Here's a few pics for now.. having an issue with my photobucket.com but will soon post more.. these are from Sunday afternoon with the North Country Crew..

DSC_0011.jpg DSC_0419.jpg DSC_0448.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0419.jpg
DSC_0448.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom