Troopy vs Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Flipper

Master of Nothing
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rinnadvisors.com
Hey!

Most people will think I'm nuts but....

I can't seem to sell the 55 that I've been whoring out on eGay for the last few weeks. I really like it so I'm going to keep it. Therefore I'm going to sell my 1982 troopy. Yes, I've chosen a pig over the supposed holy grail of cruisers.

I have a baby and the car seat thing won't work on a troopy so maybe I'll buy one to keep in a few years. I'm a strange guy so maybe the pig fits me better. I always really liked them.

This is not the official "for sale" thread cuz I'm having some title issues that I'm working through. The MA registry is an evil beast...(well, one guy there anyway that makes my life hell every few months.) Shouldn't be a big deal. I'll have a MA title when I sell it.

I thought I would tell the YT members for the usual YT discount. It's an amazing beast. Factory A/C, original paint, even a digital clock on the dash. Miles unknown. I have a half set of seats at MadJack's house that I need to repo. Front bib has rust and there is a 3 inch rust spot on the drip rail. other than that it's spotless. I'm not posting a price cuz it's not officially for sale therefore this won't get deleted. It'll be for sale in prolly 2 weeks.

Sporin and I have decided to start an elite pig club within YT. He doesn't know that yet...
:cheers::cheers::cheers: :cheers:
9ca0_1.JPG
9da7_1.JPG
9c3b_1.JPG

A cool club for 45 nerds.....

I own a sawsall.....

this is a stupid question, but why is the 82 troppy so coveted? i really dont know.

People seem to see or regard troopys as the biggest and best I guess. Of everything I've ever imported they are always the ones that I get messages about from people that wished they had one. I think they're unique and very cool but I'd be happy with a 40 too. Guess it's people's perceptions and personal preferences. Troopys always seem to get the most attention.

I like the troopy a bit better since the top comes off and it would be an excellent camping vehicle. Pig will be just as good but no hot, topless action.

"I have a baby and the car seat thing won't work on a troopy so maybe I'll buy one to keep in a few years. I'm a strange guy so maybe the pig fits me better. I always really liked them. "

I can hear that whip cracking from here...
troopies are very cool but that damm car seat thing is what kept me away from one. i do think a 2 toned restored lv is the coolest for my needs with a family and all. although over the weekend I was day dreaming about putting a troppy body on my fj62 frame and drive train......
but then I went to $OR's homepage and saw that they are now selling the front half of a Hj62 with a complete 12ht.. boy would that be a fun kewl swap.
I think you will be happy with your fj55 but it is scaring me how fast you are moving from one cruiser to another you are actually going to start giving Dave a run for his money. although Dave is trying a new way to switch cruisers again by selling off all the kewl parts off of his :)
jp

Yes . Yes I do
I put mine on take it off pretty regularly so useful for home depot runs.
I think I saw your tires on craig's list as well :)

I switch cars constantly and I will never apologize for it. It's the only part of my life where I'm afraid of commitment. Why not drive something fun and when something more fun comes along sell off the first one. Ive been doing it for years. I've technically owned well over 20 cruisers in the last 3 years.

Work has been crazy lately so that's the only reason I'm sticking with one for a while. The cruiser importing end of my life is basically folding up shop. Maybe I'll do 1 or 2 per year for fun or if I find a good deal.

Thought about writing a book on how to import your own. It would be a pop-up book.

Title issue got resolved on the troopy today. God bless the RMV!!! Gotta adjust some s*** and clean it up a tad but it'll be fer sale next week.

I thought about starting an importing thread and teach everyone how to do it but.....that would close the door on my cruiser biz for good. It would also piss off half the US parts suppliers and all the other importers. maybe I should do it then....

There is one guy I really don't like and I'd do it just to spite his ass. But then there is Global Classic Imports who are cool people and they'd be F-ed too. Basically Global would be the only reason I wouldn't post all my tricks cuz Jon the owner is a good guy.

Let me do this....an open invitation for YT people to call me who wants to import their own. I'll throw out everything I know if asked. This will be for YT people only. If you want to start a cruiser import business and want me to consult I'll do it for 10%. If you want one for yourself and are a YT member, it's free.

but then I went to $OR's homepage and saw that they are now selling the front half of a Hj62 with a complete 12ht.. boy would that be a fun kewl swap.
jp

I saaw those today too. You'd shizz yourself if you knew what I could get the same stuff sold to the public for. If the can sell them at that price it's great. Diesels area premium these days and a full set up for $8-9K is a great deal in the US. You could import a running diesel truck for half that price.

Sounds good. I have everything set up from a-z and I'm about to abandon it.

I saaw those today too. You'd shizz yourself if you knew what I could get the same stuff sold to the public for. If the can sell them at that price it's great. Diesels area premium these days and a full set up for $8-9K is a great deal in the US. You could import a running diesel truck for half that price.

hmmmm. seriously i think I am a year or 2 away from a 12ht swap but if i could get a running rolling one that doesn't look good but runs strong for half of what $OR sells them for It would definately be on my radar screen.

I have to finish the lv first and get it running as a DD before I take the fj62 off the road for an extended period of time.

So don't throw away your contacts or how to import. I will be asking in a year or so:) prolly at the same time Dave is buying his next truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom