RTH needed in Benson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There used to be a Dairy Queen right in the middle of town there in Benson--a good place to take a break.

Zona

Quick status update... If not, I may be wrenching in the motel parking lot or trying to get to bowtiestang's place in Tucson.

I will be after 4:30 pm Monday but if you need any help before that just PM me and will give you a call. If you need it done in the AM I am sure Douglas Auto can get right on it and they are right on your way to CA :) He is right off of I-10. If you are in no mood to deal with this right now you can also park the Cruiser at my place and rent a car for the trip :) I have good secure parking.

Douglas Automotive
8810 N Joplin Ln, Tucson, AZ 85742
Phone:(520) 744-8918

Gave them the Toyota P/n for the axle seal and also a National Oil Seal # 710076. In the picture it looks like the right one. Will know for sure in the morning, I guess. The wheel seal does appear to have a small lip, but hopefully will last for a while.

I will be after 4:30 pm Monday but if you need any help before that just PM me and will give you a call. If you need it done in the AM I am sure Douglas Auto can get right on it and they are right on your way to CA :) He is right off of I-10. If you are in no mood to deal with this right now you can also park the Cruiser at my place and rent a car for the trip :) I have good secure parking.

Douglas Automotive
8810 N Joplin Ln, Tucson, AZ 85742
Phone:(520) 744-8918

Thanks, I appreciate it. Good thought about the rental, but since we're going to be in CA for a month, so renting would be an expensive option.

If the local Benson guy can't do it, I'll call the guys at Douglas. I'm just trying to avoid the drive as the axle is losing a lot of oil and I expect I'll need to make multiple stops to refill it.

Gave them the Toyota P/n for the axle seal and also a National Oil Seal # 710076. In the picture it looks like the right one. Will know for sure in the morning, I guess. The wheel seal does appear to have a small lip, but hopefully will last for a while.

Yes, 710076 is the correct axle seal. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=90310-35001

Found the rear bearing seal by searching Toyota part number, http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=90311-62002

Monday status update... Picked up new seals from O'Reillys this morning and delivered them and the truck to a local guy here in Benson, who is going to install them this afternoon. If all goes well, we should be back on the road in the morning.

Good news... New axle seal installed and truck is ready to roll on to CA. Repair was handled by Derrick at The Shop, a small repair shop here in Benson, AZ. Great guy! In addition to the repair, he brought me back to the motel and picked me up when the truck was ready. He is a great resource if you should find yourself in need of mechanical assistance in the Benson area. He's also familiar with Land Cruisers.

Bowtiestang, I talked to John at Douglas, but he was booked up until Wednesday, but he did refer me to Bill Nelson Automotive in Tucson. Bill was willing to work on it right away, but I would have had to drive it to his shop in Tucson, which I wanted to avoid if possible. He also seemed very familiar with Land Cruisers.

Thanks again to all who responded with information and offers of assistance. It reminds me of what a great community this is.

Also, a tip of the hat to the great folks at the Comfort Inn in Benson, who went out of their way to provide us with accommodations and assistance in getting our truck repaired.

Here is the contact info for the two shops:

Derrick Rogers
The Shop
707 E. Pearl St
Benson AZ
530-586-8807

Bill Nelson
Nelson Automotive
3515 S. Palo Verdes
Tucson, AZ
520-747-5900

:clap:Happy ending, thanks for the update and great feedback Bob