June ROTM - June 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll NOT be joining the gang this trip (deep sigh). Someone visiting the fudge gnomess - if you'd be so kind as to ask whether she has cinnamon fudge in stock and post here... and whether she's open on Sundays...

Guys & gals, have a great trip.

It was a great run, thanks for everyone that came out!!

They did not have cinnamon fudge in stock, but many other terrible flavours that no one should consume ;)

And I came out of the battle pin stripe free!!

We had a great time, thank you everyone. Also, Pitch and Tonia (sp?) for helping with my tyre change! Thanks for leading us Kirk. Your Land Cruiser Prado did very well. :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Had a great time on the trail today . Here is some if the evidence

It was a great run, thanks for everyone that came out!!

They did not have cinnamon fudge in stock, but many other terrible flavours that no one should consume ;)

And I came out of the battle pin stripe free!!

Good to hear it was a great trip -- no stripes equates to happy wife! Double woot! But bummer on the fudge.... :(

We had a great time, thank you everyone. Also, Pitch and Tonia (sp?) for helping with my tyre change! Thanks for leading us Kirk. Your Land Cruiser Prado did very well. :)

Would you care expanding on circumstances around the flat? Three possibilities come to mind: 1) sharp rock & cut sidewall; 2) dull rock or camber broke the bead loose; or 3) nail/screw/glass from somewhere else finally got ya down?

Thank you everyone for making this an enjoyable day! Great company, scenery and a great ride. I will post up video once I have edited it, we have family in town right now and will get to it asap.
DSCF7474.JPG
DSCF7469.JPG
DSCF7470.JPG
DSCF7471.JPG

Thanks Kirk for leading a great trip. Good company and a good day.
Azca climbing.jpg
Cover photo.jpg
Cow profile pic.jpg
Pitch climbing1.jpg

Would you care expanding on circumstances around the flat? Three possibilities come to mind: 1) sharp rock & cut sidewall; 2) dull rock or camber broke the bead loose; or 3) nail/screw/glass from somewhere else finally got ya down?

#1 - sharp rock into the the thinner part of the tire between the treads - close to the center of the tire.

These are still the mud and snow tyres that came with the LX when I bought it. They are Falken STZs. The deflation was very quick - we stopped for lunch and when we came out the tyre was completely flat - off the rim bead. I have since plugged the tyre and reinflated, but I think I really ought to get those 285/75r16's I have been planning, before I go wheeling again.

A

I am sorry, I wished I would have noticed before we took off. :( I even had tire plugs just in case.

Well I have run out of time (picked up another rush project) and now realize I no longer have video editing software on this computer. That means you get the shaky and uninteresting videos we took of the trip. Nothing special but my boy and I immensely enjoyed the trip!

Thank you again for everyone making it a memorable drive! :cheers:

And one more...

Thanks for posting the videos! Always helpful for improvement. Funny how it doesn't look nearly as challenging on video as it does from behind the wheel.

Thanks for posting the videos! Always helpful for improvement. Funny how it doesn't look nearly as challenging on video as it does from behind the wheel.

No kidding! I know watching other videos thinking, "thats no big deal". As the old saying goes, guess you just had to be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom