Cruise Moab 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just poking my head in here. I met Norm (Offroad Rage) and his daughter at CM. I led the GS run on Thursday. Had a great time until a busted a tie rod in my steering rack that stranded the truck. Rode out the last bit of trail with Norm. Seriously appreciate the help getting off the trail!

Norm and his daughter joined us again on Saturday for Moab Rim. We had a great day. Just sharing a few pics of Norm's FJ cruiser here from those two runs since it's his birthday today. :) May the Fourth be with you.

:cool:

The bumpers and front main skid look after market, but do I see any other skid plates under that FJ? The fuel tank skid looks stock, and can't quite see if the mid-section under the engine is protected any better than factory.

In any case, I'm impressed with all the carnage present by the rocks (e.g., notice all the engine and differential oil at many of the steps).

The bumpers and front main skid look after market, but do I see any other skid plates under that FJ? The fuel tank skid looks stock, and can't quite see if the mid-section under the engine is protected any better than factory.

In any case, I'm impressed with all the carnage present by the rocks (e.g., notice all the engine and differential oil at many of the steps).

Tim do some searching on on the past Toyota trail teams. If I had a FJC I would build it just like they did. Mainly because they went everywhere without much modification. Then they would load up the FJC and drive 75mph to the next trail for several months at a time.

Big thanks Adam for pictures and the hospitality! And special thanks to Michelle for taking Lexa under her wing and entertaining her along the trail. I'm here to say there are a bunch of cool cats in the Wasatch club, and I'd be proud to wheel with those guys anytime. Great way to celebrate a birthday! I'm still loading a few pictures but I'll have some coming your way soon.

Tim, I have the 4 Plus - Dave Gore - FJC sliders on mine that cover from the transfer case up to the front bumper. Factory skid on the gas tank. I've added a few goodies but for the most part this is the same set up I ran on my last FJC with great success. Knock on wood but I never had an issue with the factory gas tank skid. FYI - Dave Gore used to sell direct if you were a local Phoenix wheeler. On something heavy like skids that saves big money on shipping.

_MG_0835_zps83a8bd4c.jpg

impressive shot there Norm!

Stepmurr,

Would you mind if I joined you for Arches on Thursday? I've already run what OffRoad Rage has scheduled.

Maybe try to align on club run for Friday or Saturday?

Well I've been offline since before Moab, but you sure coulda come along.

The registration people seem to be ok with changing runs at the last minute if there is room available.

The arches trip had 16 or 17 rigs split into two groups that left an hour apart.

Great scenery in Arches!

Tim, I have the 4 Plus - Dave Gore - FJC sliders on mine that cover from the transfer case up to the front bumper. Factory skid on the gas tank. I've added a few goodies but for the most part this is the same set up I ran on my last FJC with great success. Knock on wood but I never had an issue with the factory gas tank skid. FYI - Dave Gore used to sell direct if you were a local Phoenix wheeler. On something heavy like skids that saves big money on shipping.

Thanks! I presume all those shiny silver spots/streaks on the F & R bumpers and rock rails were earned this year in Moab? Looks like you guys had a great time.

Fun & Games at the recovery class Wednesday night
IMG_5318-small.jpg

Arches Family Fun Run
IMG_5356-small.jpg

Hiked to "Delicate Arch" after the fun run
IMG_5502-small.jpg

Dome Plateau run
IMG_5579-small.jpg

Dome Plateau run
IMG_5590-small.jpg

great pictures. I'll go next year, this year I needed new tires and couldn't afford to go. I love it though.

Wow, great pictures Steppmur - that Kane Creek run looks great!

:eek: Kane Creek has really gotten interesting

cool pics :cool:

Finally got some pictures loaded. For your viewing enjoyment, some pictures of the night run on Fins N Things.

20140430_195520.jpg
20140430_200915.jpg
20140430_203531.jpg
20140430_203557.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 at Golden Spike.

Samsung Camera Pix 1 067.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 088.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 129.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 112.JPG

More Spike . . . .

Samsung Camera Pix 1 148.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 173.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 205.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 241.JPG

Spike is a long day . . . .

Samsung Camera Pix 1 245.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 252.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 261.JPG

Samsung Camera Pix 1 276.JPG

Finished up Spike after the Taco tie rod taco.

Samsung Camera Pix 1 281.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom