Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 2008 Post-Event Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

packman73

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.kumandgo.com
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ATTENDING!

Please use this thread for posting comments, pictures that you don't want submitted for the Toyota Trails and 4wd Toyota Owner articles, suggestions, complaints, etc. We want to hear your feedback so we can continue to make this event better every year.

We want to give a special THANK YOU to the following folks that helped make this years event and raffle possible.

Toyota of Des Moines
Flatt Tire Centers
Frontier 4x4
REDLINE Motorsports
4xInnovations
Toyota Trail Teams
IH8MUD

TLCA
Marlin Crawler

...and a very special Thank You to Landcrusher909 and all the MUDders that have helped him on his journey from Cali to Iowa and back.

And last but not least, a HUGE Thanks to all the Tall Corn Cruiser members who pitched in and helped make this event run smoothly.

Last edited:
Some pics from Friday and Saturday

Lance, Brent and Rob shooting the chit around Brent's truck

IMG_0080.jpg

Mark O out on the trail on the Saturday morning Panther run.
IMG_0133.jpg

John and Andrea heading through a water crossing on the Saturday morning Panther run.
IMG_0202.jpg

Tom D. exiting the water crossing, Jami D. waits for her turn.
IMG_0207.jpg

Doc finishes a hill climb in his 80 series.
IMG_0222.jpg

Randy and Suzanne making their way down Love Crack.

IMG_0226.jpg

Mark O making his way out of Love Crack.

IMG_0233-1.jpg

Again, another great time at Tall Corn. Thanks to everybody that put it together. I only took 5 pictures total so I will try to post what I have unless I submit them for mags. I haven't even looked at them yet.

Had a flat tire driving home (bad valve stem) and had to unpack my truck on the side of the road to get to my spare. Then my daughter puked in my truck. Took us 7.5 hours to get home. :rolleyes:

I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again! I'm not however looking forward to washing my FJ.

A big thank you to Art. This event wouldn't be anything without you!

Thanks to everyone else that helped out at camp and on the trails (spotting, giving advice, etc). I couldn't have done half the stuff I did without you.

I still can't believe my stock road tires got me out of 90% of the muck I was in. :eek:

Last edited:
I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again! I'm not however looking forward to washing my FJ.

A big thank you to Art. This event wouldn't be anything without you!

Thanks to everyone else that helped out at camp and on the trails (spotting, giving advice, etc). I couldn't have done half the stuff I did without you.

I still can't believe my stock road tires got me out of 90% of the muck I was in. :eek:

While I appreciate the compliment, there were a LOT of people that put a lot of hours into the event prep and work at the event.

Yeah, I'll give you a tip about washing your truck...get one of those sprinklers that goes around in a circle (low spray), put it under your truck on your driveway, and turn it on for an hour or so. Learned that one from Brent's brother Brian.

Even better than last year....

Art loves to deflect the credit he deserves. Larry, great job on heading up the event this year. Brent, the food was great. I don't know who was in-charge of what else, but it was great. What a great group to be a part of. :cheers:

Eric and Tony, that was a great "pre-run" regardless of the crap we got. Woody and Larry, thanks for the rescue.

We got to meet some more great people. Rob (aka Landcrusher909) and his 45 are now fondly referred to as "road-grader" by some of us. (Did you ever get that mud cleaned out of and off of your shoe?)

Art, We will be arranging all of our videos and pics on a couple of discs and getting them to you.

See ya'll next year.

Jim

Last edited:
I also had a wonderful time and enjoyed it all.

I agree that this event is well staffed and handled. It really adds to the whole experience when it's well organized.

I stayed out of the really deep holes, probably the deepest I got was down in the creek. So, really only my tires\wheels got mud in them and that will help my cleanup considerable. I sympathize with you guys that got mud up in the suspension and skidplates, been there done that.

It was great meeting you Rob, we didn't talk much but I'll be watching for more of your stories when they come out. I applaud you on your sense of what the event is all about and not succumbing to the "bribes".

Wow, how about that raffle! Alot of stuff, no doubt. I still need to see if I can get Adam to work my up one of those fancy tranny mounts for my auto tranny.

I'm always amazed at how well those new FJ's wheel. They sure have alot going for them.

The FJ55 that Justin was driving was pretty impressive too.

Well done to all! I have a couple of vids that it'll take me days to get worked up, then I'll post them around. As usual, I didn't get diddly of my own rig (generally, I'm not very photogenic as old 4runners are a dime a dozen) so if anyone has pics\vids of my rig, please send or post them.

Can't wait for next year!

Awesome

Had an Awesome time.......Thanks to TCC. Really appreciate it and look forward to it next year.:)

By way of compliment to the group as a whole, I was talking with the guys from Redline and Justin said this was the nicest group of folks he's ever wheeled with at an event.

We DO have a good group!

I've only got a few pics... but I'll post up one or two of the spotter doing his thing.... it was hilarious.

By way of compliment to the group as a whole, I was talking with the guys from Redline and Justin said this was the nicest group of folks he's ever wheeled with at an event.

We DO have a good group!

I agree completely that the Tall Corn group is fantastic! Last year's TCCC was my first off-roading event. I tend to be a little shy and nervous around new people. The event was fantastic and I felt so comfortable with everyone.

This year was the same way. I agree that it was even better than last year (the only thing that was not cool was that I didn't have a truck to drive--I'll have to have something by next year!)

And just a quick plug for another event: I think that it's almost the exact same vibe with the Tornado Alley group at Flat Nasty. That was my second event ever and I thought they were a fantastic group as well!

Brent, the food was amazing! I had never had pulled pork before (grew up vegetarian). I loved it. Thanks for getting the meal together.

A big thank you to everyone who made the event happen. :cheers:

Erin

Brent, the food was amazing! I had never had pulled pork before (grew up vegetarian). I loved it. Thanks for getting the meal together.

Wow! Now if that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is!

Erin, glad to hear that you liked it. Did you just have the BBQ or did you try the plain as well?

Doc, thanks for all of the help. You know, the winching, strapping, and spotting for me. :) Like Mark said, I wouldn't be able to do half of what I did without good spotters, but I have to say that Leif did the best job spotting the whole weekend!! :)

As Jim said, big thanks to Woody and Larry for bailing our butts out Friday.......

Art, Casey, Brent, Wade, and everyone else that I'm forgetting at this moment (sorry) - I can can only echo what has already been said - great organizational skills and a great group of folks to wheel with!!

Woody - VERY nice to meet you this weekend. I wish you didn't have the opportunity to give me quite so much first hand extraction advice, but I greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Thanks to all of the sponsors of this year's event. I know I'll be taking advantage of one of the donations :) :)

Now................Boggers or TSL's...........;)

Tony

I knew I'd forget and it didn't take long.............

Thanks Justin from Redline for helping me change that gooey mess of a tire on the trail Friday!!!!!

Tony

Here's a kick in the nuts for you.

I went out to get Leif's DVD player out of the cruiser tonight and found it BROKEN INTO. The bastards got the DVD player, all my CD's, and my ENTIRE RECOVERY KIT!!!!

I'm pretty bummed. Winch controller, tow strap, shackles, gloves, toyota trail team bag... GONE.

At least I had un-packed the rest of my camping gear from the weekend.

Fockin' tweekers.

Anyone got a spare Toyota Trail Team bag?

Last edited:
Man, that sucks!

You need to move to Newhall!

I left Fri morning at 8 and home Sun evening at 4.

I had left the garage doors open, they were still open when I got home.

Yes, the big one I drive my two cars in. :eek:

Everything is still there.:clap:

Here's a kick in the nuts for you.

I went out to get Leif's DVD player out of the cruiser tonight and found it BROKEN INTO. The bastards got the DVD player, all my CD's, and my ENTIRE RECOVERY KIT!!!!

I'm pretty bummed. Winch controller, tow strap, shackles, gloves, toyota trail team bag... GONE.

At least I had un-packed the rest of my camping gear from the weekend.

Fockin' tweekers.

Anyone got a spare Toyota Trail Team bag?

I got a used spare bag you can have! I'm sure someone has an unused one though...

Man, that just sucks! I'm sure we as a group can put together something for yah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom