Builds "LUXURY CRAWLER/PRERUNNER" FJ80 mid-engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
running 383 Chevy, TH350/700R4, Atlas 4 speed, 9" Ruffstuff, 39" BFG's, mid-engine configuration...started off by gutting it, cutting entire body off one side at a time..widening it by 6" per side allowing enough room for rear seats along side engine, cutting out floor center and dropping drivetrain in...;)

lc1.jpg

0510131614.jpg

0510131612.jpg

next i started rebuilding the rockers, bobbed 9" out of rear, squared up body, started fitting doors and generally figuring out if this was gonna work or not, not that i could change my mind at this point..:D

forgot to mention...i cut frame off front/rear...front will be 4 link w/coil over and bypass, rear 4 link w/coil over and bypass with rear cantilever since rear shock mounts would be in back passengers heads..and "boatsided the rockers up about 1/3 through the doors..

Holy Moly! :eek: Man, you are ambitious. Since I am totally in the dark, on hardcore engineering, please enlighten me as to why the mid frame mount. Also, what goes up front, gas tank?

I really like different thoughts on things, Good Job!

yes fuel tank up front..mid engine gives better weight transfer and balance..:D..then started on cage..built whole upper half, dropped it down, welded it and stuffed it back up..

then front seat mounts, front half of interior cage..rear seat mock up as well..:doh:

mocking up axle width/body clearance..its going to sit at stock ride height with 39" tires, the body will be extensively modified to fit the tires..9" housings should be here next week, i clearanced the body to fit the tires..120" wheelbase, 86" track width..fits body perfectly!..no mud flaps as im trying to keep it "street legal"...sunroof, all power door locks, headlner, carpet etc will all go back in..:D..somehow!..i finished rea cage some and got seat and 4 link mounts figured out, but havent taken pics yet..will start on subframe/spine/motor/trans mounts next week..this will be full "sleeper" when done..600hp and 39" tires, low wide and mean!:popcorn:

mocking up axle width/body clearance..its going to sit at stock ride height with 39" tires, the body will be extensively modified to fit the tires..9" housings should be here next week, i clearanced the body to fit the tires..120" wheelbase, 86" track width..fits body perfectly!..no mud flaps as im trying to keep it "street legal"...sunroof, all power door locks, headlner, carpet etc will all go back in..:D..somehow!]

This is awesome! I saw your thread at pirate, I am glad you decided to share with us here. Thanks a lot.

Amazing work so far, can't wait to see it progress!

Wow, cant wait to see this one take shape!! Looks like its would be a lot of fun flat out over some whoops.

Been watching this on Pirate as well. Great build indeed.

With a 4-link upfront, I'll assume you are going full Hydro?

Way too cool!!!

no..too unpredictable..got something special planned..:D

I am looking at a hydroelectric/hydraulic setup (what they use on farm vehicles) with the return to center function. Looks like it would work well but not sure of it yet. Look forward to seeing what you dish up and might have to swing by the shop :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom