Center Cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My center cap for the wheel fell off crossing a RR track. I went to pick it up and some one ran it over. Where can I get a used one cheap?
kurt

Ditch 'em. They only degrade performance. Removal will shed at least a pound.

I live in the rust belt. As rust is heaver than clean steel, over time the hubs will add back the weight of the center cap.
kurt

Kurt

It turns out that your motto (signature line) is true after all:

"What you don't have is your own fault"

You should have dived in front of the oncoming car to save it.

I fear your only option now is to visit your dealer and buy a replacement.

Jim

The dealer price is going to be pretty high. When I was looking to replace one I had lost, the cheapest I found them for was $45.00. I have a friend who has a wheel business and works with new car dealers. I had him look in his storage room of factory take-offs but no luck. He did find a set of factory chrome wheels, I can see if he still has them. :D I then decided to take off the other three and call it good. If you can wait a week or two I would be more than happy to send you one. I am in Vegas and they are in Phoenix. I do believe they are sun checked (faded) but there may be a good one in there somewhere.

Gave all mine away.

Ditch them, spray some black paint on everything (including the rims :flipoff2: and go.

Jim,

>> You should have dived in front of the oncoming car <<
>> to save it. I fear your only option now is to visit your <<
>> dealer and buy a replacement. <<

But the Kurt we've come to know and love will try to carve one out of a bar of soap and paint it with moly grease. :D

-B-

B that is a great Idea. I have some plaster. I could make a mold and use up my Por15 and make one 8)

I saw at the dealer that they have CHROME linners that snap on the rims. I will have to get some for the 80, that would be 8)

I am sure uall will want to copy me so I have made plans for a GROUP BUY
C-dan, how well do they hold up??
kurt

Three months ago, I was wheeling through the potholes of D.C. and happened to notice my DS rear center cap take a hop skip and a jump past my window and into traffic heading the other direction. I watched as an Olds crunched it. By the time I circled back around to retrieve the remains, I think that it was hit by at least one more car. The thing was battered, scraped, and cracked. I threw it in the rear and was going to give it a proper burial in the basement with the old springs, bumpers, running boards and what not until I called the local dealer about a replacement. [ :eek: whole lotta $$$ :eek: ]. So I pulled the thing out of the truck, grabbed some duck tape, and super-glue necessary for proper BDAR, and went to work... but low and behold the thing snapped right back on -- no tape, no glue, nuthin'. And to this day it's holding in there like a champ.
If you haven't noticed yet, this post has absolutely no value.
Cheers.
CJ

Curran,
Your post has a *lot* of value. It gives a ray of hope to Kurt and his bar of soap. :D
-B-

I installed rear brakes and... thats right, I drove to work and back home,
one CENTER CAP IS MISSING :crybaby:

I have no $$ after fixing the brakes and need a cap.

I guess I could drive just down the road from Safari LTD or Slee's , put a board in the road and wait for an 80 to hit it and loose a cap or two:D

Go to Ebay. Buy a set of four knock offs for $100. Put new shiny caps on your cruiser.

I live in the rust belt. As rust is heaver than clean steel, over time the hubs will add back the weight of the center cap.
kurt

The hubs will still rust with caps (not as fast). Use rustoleum rust reformer/paint on the hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom