rock slider 470 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wellmademfg rock slider

CIMG0028.jpg

These Rock sliders are mounted to body where the original running board where mounted to by bracket which made of heavy duty metal also it is design to fall under the channel below doors it takes 10 minutes to install every side .the top cover can be color code painted or just solid color. there will be no drilling of the frame or welding .they are very light weight and strong.

CIMG0039.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

CIMG0044.jpg

Can we get some pictures with the truck supported fully on one end of the slider? I have my doubts that the step mounts will hold the truck.

rock slider

I will be doing that in tomorrow. we are planning to put the jack right in middle of the slider first left up it and then leave some kind of object under it and drop the GX right on top of it .if you did not hear from me it means my doors are not opening and I am cant get out of the GX.:bang::bang:

i will take pictures from under side of the slider while we be testing to see how much integrity and how strong they are

i am looking for a relay 81985-60020 called( relay towing converter) and apparently it is green and is in driver side behind the left tail light and it is one of the three relay you have to have in order for the lights to work on the trailer .if the vehicle did not come with towing pkg from factory there is only the wire and to use a existing wire you have to add three relay the other 2 are in the front and i have them .i have checked with lexus dealership they called around other dealerships and it seems no one has the green relay .can any body help me with some info where i can get this part .thank you

i am looking for a relay 81985-60020 called( relay towing converter) and apparently it is green and is in driver side behind the left tail light and it is one of the three relay you have to have in order for the lights to work on the trailer .if the vehicle did not come with towing pkg from factory there is only the wire and to use a existing wire you have to add three relay the other 2 are in the front and i have them .i have checked with lexus dealership they called around other dealerships and it seems no one has the green relay .can any body help me with some info where i can get this part .thank you

Try Sewell. The link is below:

See # 81985 *No. 1 relay* (OEM Part # 8198560021)
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/8401845181-Electrical-GX470-2005.html

Sign up for a free account and if you have a clublexus.com user name enter it and you'll get a nice discount on parts. Without the discount the part is $47.23, with the discount the part is $33.62

icon suspension

RCsGX i think i will get the same setup as you have for suspension i been reading about so many different combination of suspension i think i start having nightmares. my 3 questions are 1- how is the ride with new suspension is it like a jeep rough? or is it civil 2- once you put the 5100 in rear can the air suspension be tricked to any level or does it have to just go up 3- when i do this suspension up grade is the there any fuses or part i need to remove .as some people mention it but they do not give specific location of these fuses.thanks

RCsGX i think i will get the same setup as you have for suspension i been reading about so many different combination of suspension i think i start having nightmares. my 3 questions are 1- how is the ride with new suspension is it like a jeep rough? or is it civil

- I added the CDC option so you can make it as smooth or as harsh as you want. The number 4 setting is the standard Icon without the CDC option. I keep it on 2 for a more comfortable ride. Nose dive is almost non-existent and body roll has greatly improved over the stock setup.

2- once you put the 5100 in rear can the air suspension be tricked to any level or does it have to just go up

- You can trick the rear ride height sensors to any position you want. You can adjust the turnbuckle and or sliding bracket but I chose to add washers / spacers to the ride height sensor bracket bolts. It easier to fine tune the height to exactly what you want using spacers.

Little over an 1" lift
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/...X470/Icon Coilovers/halfinspacer.jpg~original

1/2" lift
http://s140.photobucket.com/user/rr...oilovers/rearrideheightsensorspacers.jpg.html

3- when i do this suspension up grade is the there any fuses or part i need to remove .as some people mention it but they do not give specific location of these fuses.thanks

- No, the only time you need to remove any relays, fuses etc. is when you remove the rear air bag setup and go with coil springs.

thanks for taking time to explain and posting pictures .mean while this morning I visited the shop called sierra expedition .they also recommended icon but they also said I should do the rear coil and shocks from icon with labor grand total of $2000.00 and they would not do it if I bring the parts. which of course I know why but any way .what are your thoughts on that and the price ?
also dropped the GX on a tree trunk to test the sliders everything still good condition no dent or flex.of course we built these not to go rock crowling for that we have jeeps we wanted something looking nice and not so big like running boards also something functional at the time of needs .

thanks for taking time to explain and posting pictures .mean while this morning I visited the shop called sierra expedition .they also recommended icon but they also said I should do the rear coil and shocks from icon with labor grand total of $2000.00 and they would not do it if I bring the parts. which of course I know why but any way .what are your thoughts on that and the price ?

If that's Icon's "stage 1" kit below I'd say that's a pretty good deal since labor (tax too?) is included. Icon's "stage 1" kit below sells for almost $1,800.00.

• 58640 - Standard Travel Adjustable Coil-over Shock Kit
  • 52700 - 2" Lift Rear Coil-spring Kit
  • 56505 - Icon Series Rear Mono-tube Shocks

If you're getting the "stage 1" kit above w/ the remote reservoirs and CDC valve added I'd say that's an awesome deal because adding remote reservoirs and the CDC option to the "stage 1" kit above would cost almost $2,300.

while I was under the GX checking to see if there is any damages by dropping it on the tree trunk I realized there is so many other things hanging down between the frames that bottom of those doors will be my least of my worries . it almost look like GX wants to lose 1500 extra weight of it by blowing out of between the frames. that gas tank is as low as the old running board time to move the gas tank on top what you guy think :cheers:

I think I will pull the trigger and do it .they said it takes 2 weeks to get it no big deal i can wait but i just hope they still honor what they said today .will see thanks

while I was under the GX checking to see if there is any damages by dropping it on the tree trunk I realized there is so many other things hanging down between the frames that bottom of those doors will be my least of my worries . it almost look like GX wants to lose 1500 extra weight of it by blowing out of between the frames. that gas tank is as low as the old running board time to move the gas tank on top what you guy think :cheers:

I was also surprised by the lack of clearance. My 80 on stock springs and 30mm spacers has far more clearance underneath than the GX with the airbags on high. Thanks for the pics. :clap:

they be in next 10 days .it will be 1 inch wider and 4 inch longer it will be painted black with top plate either riveted by their fab shop which be all black or customer can color code the top plate and then rivet it .price will be $485.00 i was going to cut the end of the my factory running board and plug the holes in lower front fender.the owner the shop thinking if he get enough order he will have his body shop actually make the fiberglass version of those end cap for extra few dollars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom