Turbocharged bj73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm hoping to find this city driven cruiser a new home. It's been a very fun to drive with the brand new turbo. Comfortable daily driver.

Compression test on 4 cylinders was 500, 500, 500, 500
· Garrett turbo charger with full floating bearings and less than 10k miles on the turbo
· 2 ½ inch custom exhaust with aero turbine muffler
· Extremely clean vehicle inside and out
· Low A/R ratio for quick acceleration off the line with plenty of boost left for highway driving
· Fiberglass removable top. Windshield folds down

SERVICE
Extensive service records from the last 6 yrs of work done from right hand drive Landcruiser specialty shop. Rocker glide undercoating/rust proof professionally done. The frame was totally washed out until the water ran clean. Dried out for days in a garage. Bolts removed where possible. Thoroughly brushed, cleaned and sprayed with rust treatment. Later was coated, after the coat dried it was sealed. Bolts cleaned and put back.
I had the cruiser compression tested and inspected by the same shop that had been servicing it and had all the recommended repairs done before I bought it. This shop’s turbo expert installed the turbo/guages and did a custom 2 ½ inch exhaust for a total cost of ~$4,500 for a professional installation with all necessary adjustments made.
Front brakes were inspected and at 65%. Rear brakes are at 95%. Bearings checked are repacked where needed. Tie rod ends have been replaced. Re cored radiator.

HISTORY
The vehicle is very mechanically sound. The previous owner never drove it much and kept it in his garage for most of its life. I bought the truck from the owner’s son who said that his Dad came home one day and surprised his family by saying he bought a cool truck. His dad is out of town for work 10 months out of the year so he was never home to drive it. The PO drove a Landcruiser in Spain off road once so that is probably where he got the idea to buy this one. He never took it off road and the owner before him in Japan probably didn't take if off road much. As a result the stock suspension is still very comfortable. They took it into a Landcruiser shop for regular fluid changes and each time told them to fix whatever was necessary. I have all of these records. They were a well off family and were selling it to make room for a sports car.

AFTERMARKET
It has Old Man Emu suspension bushings and Cooper ATR discoverer with less than 6k miles on them. The cruiser has a pyro and a boost gauge.

Depending on the cost of current body work I will be asking $15,000-15,500. I will do any leg work within reason if buyer wants a new bumper, suspension lift picked up from ARB, different tires, a green monkey etc.

Last edited:
It was my lack of copy and paste skills that made the link unusable. Fixed for your viewing pleasure.

does this have the cable lockers?

No cable lockers on this rig. I do have a couple options for you:

I know someone who has cable lockers that will be a direct fit for 3k plus install.

I almost bought an cable locked 74 that had good compression but needed front end work (rotors, brakes, etc). The owner is a long time TLCA member. It also had a cool washable air filter. No rust on rockers. PM me for more info .

Last edited:
Price drop to $15,750. $16,000 for mud users and I will pay for an ARB bumper that can be installed for about 4 hours of labor. Buyer pays for install. As much as I like the factory front porch bumpers this truck will look sweet with an ARB. The PTO winch can be moved back and integrated to work with the new bumper.

*This pic is not of my cruiser. Just wanted to show how cool ARB's look on the MWB 70's

ARB.jpg

Last edited:
Do you own the above Cruiser also or was the photo simply posted to show what the ARB bumper would look like?
Thanks

Not my cruiser. Just a pic showing how cool it would look. I saw a 70 series snorkel for sale for $300 earlier that if it's still for sale I could pick up for a buyer to make it look similar.

I've had decent responses from potential eBay buyers. Everyone seems to want to trade or has to sell something first.

Next bump will include a pic of a nice bj74 with an emu lift, safari snorkel, and a really nice almost unblemished body.

Price drop to $15,750. $16,000 for mud users and I will pay for an ARB bumper that can be installed for about 4 hours of labor. Buyer pays for install. As much as I like the factory front porch bumpers this truck will look sweet with an ARB. The PTO winch can be moved back and integrated to work with the new bumper.

*This pic is not of my cruiser. Just wanted to show how cool ARB's look on the MWB 70's

Sweet pic of my truck before I owned it!

At least Ebay is fairly cheap advertising if you can tolerate the tire kickers and idiots.
:)

Ebay despite all of the hassle definitely works. The gentleman that bought my stock 73 flew out from NY to pick up the cruiser and has been on a long road trip home with lots of detours. Drove through snowstorms where he was the only one on the highway plowing through the snow. He said it has been preforming very well on his trip. I was kind of jealous as it sounded like a great road trip to take in a sweet cruiser.

Bump with some sweet pics of an auto tranny bj74 up for sale very soon as I am waiting for the title which will arrive in a couple of weeks. PM me with any questions. Zero rust issues on this beauty.

Price drop to $14,500 (without the ARB) on the bj73 for mud members.

Last edited:
Took the "twin turbos" out for a spring trail ride at Evans Creek which opened a few weeks ago. Amazing drive and playing in the snow was very exciting for us city dwelling Pacific Northwesterners who only see snow in the mountain passes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom