Front seat swap/replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What has anyone used as replacement seats for the front of their trucks... EASY is my thing. I am no fabricator so simple bolt up is what I am talking about. New upholstery/foam is way tooooo expensive on my budget.

too expensive? You should be able to replace the bottom seat foam for about $150. What new seat is going to be cheaper?

Edit: Honestly when i broke the seat rails in my VW i paid $150 for the rustiest moldiest VW seat at the wrecking yard so i could go over it with a wire wheel, repaint it, and apply my upholstery to it.

Last edited:
too expensive? You should be able to replace the bottom seat foam for about $150. What new seat is going to be cheaper?

Edit: Honestly when i broke the seat rails in my VW i paid $150 for the rustiest moldiest VW seat at the wrecking yard so i could go over it with a wire wheel, repaint it, and apply my upholstery to it.

150 for the foam or foam and re-upholstery?

You either go OEM or you go aftermarket race seats. Pretty much your only options for bolt in if you don't want to fab a bracket... Which is REALLY easy if you have access to a welder. I made mine in about 3 hours.

i can go to the junk yard and buy seat CHEAP 25 bucks each.....

I agree that the import wrecking yard screwed me. But they had me by the balls.

There's this whole other issue with recent VW seats where they have sensors and whatnot in them. They know exactly how much they can get from an insurance company doing repair work, and they make everyone pay it.

Speaking of which, is there any interchange of seats between toyota trucks? Maybe not the rails, but the seats themselves.

Speaking of which, is there any interchange of seats between toyota trucks? Maybe not the rails, but the seats themselves.

The problem with 80 seats, at least the electric ones, is that the base is integrated into the seat. So you can't just swap the floor mounts into another seat. I'm not sure this is true of all years, but it was for the 93-94.

The problem with 80 seats, at least the electric ones, is that the base is integrated into the seat. So you can't just swap the floor mounts into another seat. I'm not sure this is true of all years, but it was for the 93-94.

I'm just curious, since I'm looking at fabbing some brackets that sit between the manual rails and the seat buckets, to move the seat back a couple inches.

Thinking about 1"x.25" 7075-t6 bar stock. Each will get 4 holes in it, and one hole on each bracket will need to be countersunk.

$7.34/ft at onlinemetals. Not too bad.

Im planning swapping seats in the next couple weeks to some extra Lexus sc seats I have in the garage. The power plug matches up so I'll still have full function and I'm going to have the local exhaust shop do the welding after I chop off the mounts from the existing seats. I'll take some pictures during if youre interested in how it goes.

Yes please keep us informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom