Possible to replace 2UZ-FE with 3UR-FE in 1999 LC100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.apexavs.com
The title pretty much says it all. :) I have a 1999 LC100 with 255k miles, and am looking at options for more power.

Without the height/width specs, who knows. The motor could have a deck too high or block too wide, etc. And also, now you needs to deal with the trans/xfer case. ECU? Yikes $$$.

$10k budget for parts? Plus the same to get the custom work done?

Custom Headers/TRD Supercharger and you'll be very close to the power of the 5.7 - The cost will be much less too

Rebuild the 2UZ.

It will only cost about $9k in parts.

:meh:

A 5.7 would cost way more than that...by a factor of 3 to 4.

To rebuild the 2UZ cost 9K in parts?!?!

Rebuild the 2UZ.

It will only cost about $9k in parts.

:meh:

A 5.7 would cost way more than that...by a factor of 3 to 4.

How much does a shiny new one & 6 speed cost from Japan?

To rebuild the 2UZ cost 9K in parts?!?!

By "build one" I'm sure he meant rebuild one from the ground up with performance parts. If you weren't doing it yourself, that's a pretty good number. If you did it yourself, it would be less but performance pistons, rods, heads, etc all cost in pretty substantial $$$. I don't know if $9k will get the motor stroked but that's another avenue as well.

I wonder how much extra HP porting, polishing, port-matching would generate for the 4.7L? If you did mild ports/polishes to all the manifolds and heads, I bet there's some extra power to be discovered. And new heads or valve train would cost about $1500-2500, that could also squeeze out more.

By "build one" I'm sure he meant rebuild one from the ground up with performance parts. If you weren't doing it yourself, that's a pretty good number. If you did it yourself, it would be less but performance pistons, rods, heads, etc all cost in pretty substantial $$$. I don't know if $9k will get the motor stroked but that's another avenue as well.

I wonder how much extra HP porting, polishing, port-matching would generate for the 4.7L? If you did mild ports/polishes to all the manifolds and heads, I bet there's some extra power to be discovered. And new heads or valve train would cost about $1500-2500, that could also squeeze out more.

Is this what you mean?

Lexus-Toyota 1UZFE, 2uzfe 3uzfe performance short block, Long Block

Is that stage I really going to let the 2uz put out that much power?! For 3-4k that is cheaper than getting an sc

Sorta...

that's the method of going about the project. However, I don't think LexTreme is saying that new pistons = 500hp. More along the lines of his newly rebuilt block would then be capable of handling up to 500 hp. You'd still have the 230-240hp motor but built to handle more. Then you'd need new heads, intake, SC, turbo, NOS or something to up the actual power.

But there's also a lot of hidden cost in pulling a motor out of the vehicle.

Why not swap in a GM Gen3 motor/transmission and adapt the 100 series transfer case? Plentiful, cheap, and bulletproof. Advance Adapters makes the kits for the 80 series.

I'm in the process of installing a 5.3 in a Jeep YJ wrangler and I picked the motor with all accessories, wiring harness and ECU for $500. I'll have about $3-4k when I finish.

Did you mention GM on a Toy/Lex enthusiast forum?

:ban:

bamabrock said:
Why not swap in a GM Gen3 motor/transmission and adapt the 100 series transfer case? Plentiful, cheap, and bulletproof. Advance Adapters makes the kits for the 80 series.

I'm in the process of installing a 5.3 in a Jeep YJ wrangler and I picked the motor with all accessories, wiring harness and ECU for $500. I'll have about $3-4k when I finish.

Then it ceases to be a Toyota. That's the long and short of it. But I am biased afterall.

beno said:
Then it ceases to be a Toyota and most importantly a Land Cruiser

Clarified...

But the 40 guys do this stuff all the time?

Then it ceases to be a Toyota. That's the long and short of it. But I am biased afterall.

The LS V8s are as reliable and more efficient and powerful than the toyota v8s. :flipoff2: The harnesses and ECU and self contained an easily modified to work with any chassis. $400 gets the harness stripped and the ECU programmed then adapt the factory yota sensors to the LS motor. I like my LC, but the 230 hp is sluggish compared to the 300- 400 hp LS motors I've had. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom