Aisin North Carolina manufacturers transmissions and ships them to Japan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently learned that Aisin has a manufacturing facility in NC (AWNC). From my understanding they manufacture the A750f transmissions there and some of them are shipped overseas to Japan to be used in assembly there presumably in the 100 series when they were being made and the 4Runners.

Does anyone have any additional information or proof as to whether or not this is true?

Yep. There is one in Durham,NC. Aisin Automotive Castings, LLC.

Aisin Automotive Casting - AAC information

http://www.aw-nc.com/aboutus/

"Building the heart of the transmission from the heart of North Carolina, AW North Carolina, Inc. is proud to be one of the leading manufacturers of automatic transmissions and transmission components. AW North Carolina is a subsidiary of Aisin AW Co., Ltd., a major automatic transmission manufacturer in the world market located in Anjo City, Japan. As the first North American production facility, AW North Carolina was established in Durham, NC, in November 1998. Promoting a strong, team-based, multi-cultural environment, AW North Carolina produces transmission components including torque converters, oil pumps, clutch assemblies and stamped parts as well as fully assembled automatic transmissions. With great confidence in our product, we focus on being the very best."

I would be interested in a tour. If they allow that. We have a house in NC not to far from them.

Yep. There is one in Durham,NC. Aisin Automotive Castings, LLC.

Aisin Automotive Casting - AAC information

AW North Carolina > AWNC > Automotive manufacturing company and supplier of automatic transmission components for Toyota

"Building the heart of the transmission from the heart of North Carolina, AW North Carolina, Inc. is proud to be one of the leading manufacturers of automatic transmissions and transmission components. AW North Carolina is a subsidiary of Aisin AW Co., Ltd., a major automatic transmission manufacturer in the world market located in Anjo City, Japan. As the first North American production facility, AW North Carolina was established in Durham, NC, in November 1998. Promoting a strong, team-based, multi-cultural environment, AW North Carolina produces transmission components including torque converters, oil pumps, clutch assemblies and stamped parts as well as fully assembled automatic transmissions. With great confidence in our product, we focus on being the very best."

I would be interested in a tour. If they allow that. We have a house in NC not to far from them.

Hmm looking at their products on the link you posted none of them are LC specific. Getting a tour would be awesome, I agree.

Hmm looking at their products on the link you posted none of them are LC specific. Getting a tour would be awesome, I agree.

I would assume something like the LC would be kept quite. They probably don't want consumers knowing they are building A750's stateside. After all, the Landcruiser is the truck that comes from Japan. Not USA and Japan.

I would assume something like the LC would be kept quite. They probably don't want consumers knowing they are building A750's stateside. After all, the Landcruiser is the truck that comes from Japan. Not USA and Japan.

I thought it was mandatory for manufacturers to disclose where components are manufactured - at least the German cars do on their window sticker. The new LC's 5.7L is made in the US.

I thought it was mandatory for manufacturers to disclose where components are manufactured - at least the German cars do on their window sticker. The new LC's 5.7L is made in the US.

It may be, I'm not sure. Next time I go to NC I will give them a ring and see if I can get a tour or swing by and stop in at the office for a little information. If I can get in I will certainly take photo's if I can.

A few google searches:

Aisin Warner A750E_ A750F
AWNC builds the A750 in North Carolina and exports some of them to Japan.
Picture 1.jpg

Are you sure about that? I just looked at an '11 and I'd swear that the sticker said 100% Japan ... but it alos stated that transmission components were sourced from USA.

A few google searches:

Aisin Warner A750E_ A750F
AWNC builds the A750 in North Carolina and exports some of them to Japan.

Call me dumb but the A750 on that list goes into the Tundra which is made here. IIRC none of the other vehicles on that list are made in Japan.

Are you sure about that? I just looked at an '11 and I'd swear that the sticker said 100% Japan ... but it alos stated that transmission components were sourced from USA.

That's what I thought. From my understanding, the parts from the USA were the floor mats.

All LC components are made in Japan. That was the case for the 100 series and still for the 200/570.

That's the long and short of it. The 5.7's in the LC are manufactured at the Tahara Plant. The 4.7 which is still manufactured for the ME market are also manufactured at Tahara, shipped cross town, and installed at Yoshiwara for export.

And what about the other made-in-Japan SUVs the FJ and the 4Runner.

Thanks, Beno.

And what about the other made-in-Japan SUVs the FJ and the 4Runner.

Thanks, Beno.

The 4Runner is manufactured at the Tahara Plant.

The FJCruiser at the Hino-owned Hamura Plant in Tokyo (manufacturing is outsourced to Hino on the FJCruiser with components sourced from Toyota keiretsu companies).

... and fender flares.

I was going to say, those are for the tundra/sequoia just like the engines for those are made in Huntsville, AL.

That's where they were installed. The clips they used for the parts on the rear doors basically scratched the paint on both the outside and inside surfaces of the door sheet metal down to primer. It was some serious $$$ to repair correctly ... bastages at SET ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom