Wanted Hardtop to fit 1970 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all you happy people.......
I am looking for a hard top with rear lift up hatch. Would prefer a stock hard top for a 1970 Fj-40 and a set of hard doors. I live in Southern California in the Ventura area so the closer the better. I am looking to buy on or after December 23, 2011. Looking to pay 800$ - ? but has to be nice, clean, and complete. Please let me know.

Thanks
Ruben:beer:

Last edited:
Stock, hatch is pre 75 & windows are 77 and newer. There are a few possible complications with a stock early roll bar... This thread should help more.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-seri...ling-81-hardtop-onto-my-74-keeping-hatch.html

:beer:Mr. Smurf......

Thanks for taking the time and passing that along. I really appreciate it. So I will now edit my post so I am now looking for....

A stock Hardtop & doors for a 1970 FJ-40 I will go with the sliders from Specter Off road instead and the stock hatch. Still looking to pay 800$-??? for a nice complete set up.

Thanks again!!

The rig

Figured i would post a pic so people can see what im working with. Please let me know here or at bigthunder74 @ gmail.com

Thanks
user66304_pic20530_1319151295.jpg

There's one on eBay now located in Norcal - Green with extra set of doors.

SO IT SOUNDS LIKE I WILL HAVE A TOP TONIGHT. PROBLEM NOW IS I WILL NEED THE WEATHERSTRIP THAT GOES IN BETWEEN THE TOP AND THE SIDES. THE BIG HORSEHOE SHAPED EXPENSIVE$$$$ TO BUY NEW ONE.

ANYONE GOT A CHEAPER MAYBE USED ONE. I HAVE READ ALOT OF POSTS ON THE SUBJECT people using all sorts of stuff. I would prefer to go OEM if possible but 300$ for a piece of Rubber with holes seems a little expensive.

ANYONE???

Thanks
Ruben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom