Soft Top Availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

New to this forum. I am trying to find information on a soft top. I would like to put one on my 83' FJ40. I have seen a lot of threads on soft tops but nothing on how to obtain one. :bang: I have been in contact with OCD tops, but I am also in need of the frame. I found the web site for Pak Tops, but when I fill in the form I receive a system is full error. Does anyone know how I can order a top and frame from Ehsan Kiani.

Thanks

AFAIK, no one is importing Ehsan's tops (or other parts) any longer. OCD tops are considered very high quality, but if you've searched I'm sure you've found the thread regarding delivery time and communication issues.

Unless you can find a used OEM style top, I believe the only way to get a top for your FJ40 at present is to have one custom made, get in the queue for an OCD top and cross your fingers and wait, or buy a (non-OEM style) Bestop.

i just picked up a paki top with bows off of this site 2 weeks ago new in the box from a fellow mud member. check often and regularly youll get one. or place a post, mudders are super helpful if someone has one they no longer want theyll contact you .. its worth a shot.

Thanks for the fast replies. I will be looking and posting. :cheers:

Real Steel Cruiser Parts manufactures and sells bows.

Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 FJ45 Steel Body Parts

Cruiser Corps manufactures and sells soft tops. The last price quoted for a marine vinyl top was $650. These are not stock items--they're made to order. Takes approximately a week to build. I've seen their tops--excellent quality and fit.

FJ40 Parts | Land Cruiser Parts and Restoration Services | http://www.cruisercorps.com/

Best top still makes the Supertop for 64-84. I just called a 4Wd supply place that sells Best top and they list for $677.99 with all hardware.

You night find somebody who has a STC top they want to sell.

What I want to achieve is to have the original look to the truck.
I know Best tops would be an option. I just don't like the look of the sloped back. I am going to keep turning over the rocks and see what I can come up with. If the rock is to big I will hook up the cruiser put it 4 wheel and move it.:steer:
Thanks for all the posts

Contact Ehsan. My top was $800 (bows and canvas top) plus $500 for shipping. I'd like to know if they're still available (I purchased in 2009).

fj001.jpg

Last edited:
Contact Ehsan. My top was $800 (bows and canvas top) plus $500 for shipping. I'd like to know if they're still available (I purchased in 2009).

fj001.jpg

Your top was made before 2009. It was part of a batch that he had made earlier and the quality was better. I don't know who he has making the tops now, but the quality is intermittent. If you order on your own and there's an issue (loose D rings, missing straps, etc.) you would have very little recourse. It's not like you can just ship it back to him and expect a new one in return at $500 each way. You would probably end up paying to fix it yourself. The distance makes it difficult.

I bought one of the last Paki tops that were imported and the quality is absolutely horrible. In fact, the whole batch looked horrible. Mine had stitch holes right through the middle of one of the windows, almost all of the D-Rings have fallen off (with little-to-no persuasion), and the stitching wasn't properly terminated at many of the ends.

Ehsan told me I was on my own and that I would have to fix it myself.

I would STRONGLY suggest that nobody gives him a dime until he can demonstrtate that his quality has greatly improved and that he will stand by his products.

Real Steel Cruiser Parts manufactures and sells bows.

Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 FJ45 Steel Body Parts

Cruiser Corps manufactures and sells soft tops. The last price quoted for a marine vinyl top was $650. These are not stock items--they're made to order. Takes approximately a week to build. I've seen their tops--excellent quality and fit.

FJ40 Parts | Land Cruiser Parts and Restoration Services | http://www.cruisercorps.com/

Currently, this is the fastest and most reliable route to what you are looking for. I have the Pilgrim bows but there is a wait involved. I have the OCD top, but was on the front-end of the fiasco.

Research your options, but having bought on the first-ever Paki group buy, and now having the current set-up, if I had to pull the trigger right now, I'd go with Sea Knight's recommendations...

Great input, thanks. I have sent an email to Eshan, but from what is being said about the quality I am a little afraid. I also emailed the craigslist add. I am waiting for a response. I will also obtain information from the sources that Sea Knight recommended.

Ehsan top

So sad to hear about Ehsan's tops going bad. Had mine a couple years with no issues. Glad I got a spare tan 7 window in the original plastic!
truck%2520002%2520small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom