100 Series Drawer System - Double R Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rob.red
Construction has begun on the UBER LC storage system.

Goals:

- Deck height to create flat load floor with mid-row seats folded.

- Aux fuse box mounting

- Organize tools and spares I now carry in a pelican 1610

- SubWoofer Enclosure that doesn't interfere with cargo load

- Mounting platform for ARB Fridge

- Mounting / Integration of DC Inverter

- Mounting / Integration Air compressor

- Something to Mod on my 100

Base Dimensions: 42"w 40"D 10.5"H
Base Material: Cabinet Grade Maple Plywood 3/4"
Drawer Size ID approx.: 18"W 26"D 8"H
Drawer Latches: Allegis 275021-90 http://www.allegiscorp.com/DisplayP...mp_4.jsp&cat=Single-Point+Compression+Latches
Drawer Slides: KV 28" 175# Full Extension +1"
Finish: Clear laquer and Toyota Gray carpet to match the LC interior carpet. I want it to have a factory look.

In this design I will be adding hinged side wings that will flip up for side storage. The wing storage will be capped at each end with supports in the channel. Nothing new, we've seen this a hundred times.

I'm waiting on a couple of parts and some time to get back. Updates to follow.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg

Last edited:
Threads like these make me wish I had a nicer garage and more tools. One day I will make a set of these...one day...

Looks great so far, Rob.

Very cool. Keep us posted Rob. Any plans to add "wings" to cover the sides?

Duh. =]

It's not the weight of the actual drawer system, but instead the stuff you fill it up with. ;)

Your drawer feature list mirrors mine identically, very interested to see the final product. I have some sketches and need to get off my arse and start building!

I'm still trying to figure out ho you are going to incorporate the sub(s).

Craftsmanship looks awesome!

Just wondering for my own purposes - has anyone ever done a 1/2 drawer set wherein you left 1/2 of the fold down 3rd row? How would you secure it? Just wondering as I must have 1/2 for family capacity.

How do you feel about the subs firing towards the back of the seats? There's no reflection. I can tell a huge difference when I have my 8w7 firing against the seats vs. firing towards the tailgate. Thus being the reason I haven't built my drawers yet.

Which app is that on the iPad?

iDraw

How do you feel about the subs firing towards the back of the seats? There's no reflection. I can tell a huge difference when I have my 8w7 firing against the seats vs. firing towards the tailgate. Thus being the reason I haven't built my drawers yet.

Should be just fine. There is about a 2" gap to the mid row seat bottoms. I'm installing a modest system so If I feel frisky I can roll the mid seats forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom