Uwharrie in DEC with ONSC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
Is anyone up for joining the ONSC guys for their DEC event at Uwharrie on Dec 2-4?
They have invited us to come along. Its about a 5.5 hr drive from VA Beach.

These guys put on a good event. They have one of the group campsites reserved.

For Wheeling they usually break up into at least 2 groups. There is only one hard trail, Daniel. At least on group is on the easy/moderate trails.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-no...ecember-2011-trip-last-ure-run-dec-2-4-a.html

Are you going Dave?

would love to go, though I don't have the 86 anymore. No sliders on the 07 would want at least that before going on the harder trails. Also, its only an hour and half or so detour back from SC in a couple of weeks.

Looks like I am going to be able to go.
Dave (Sheepdog) with the Grey 62 is supposed to go as well.
Should be leaving after lunch on Fri if I can pull my son out of school a little early.

Anyone else?

Munky, are you moving to SC?

Dave

No not moving, we are going on a Cruise to the Bahamas out of Charleston, SC on the 2nd will be back on the 7th. REALLY want to make a detour to URE on the way back home

Hey I might be into taggin along if ya got room for a stock 80 and someone to winch me outta the mud

Hey I might be into taggin along if ya got room for a stock 80 and someone to winch me outta the mud

Sure, we are planning to leave sometime after lunch from VB.
That would put us in your neck around 2 ish if you want to convoy.
They always have at least 2 groups, 1 for the hard stuff and 1 for the easy/moderate. I've always done the moderate since its so far from home.
Everyone has tow straps and theres usually a winch or 2 per group.

Sorry to say that I will not be able to go after all.
My gas tank is at Glenrock Radiator for cleaning and it wont be back on the truck til this weekend.

We went up to GWNF last weekend and did the Stonyrun trail for fun. Camped at Sherano which was nice, but cold.

Was going to do Shoe Creek on Sun but woke up to no Idle, again. Limped home w/o doing the creek.

Finally got fed up with the junk in the tank and pulled it. Going to replace all the hoses etc.

If anyone is still planning on going, have a good time.

Dave

Important Change of Camp

Just to let everyone know, Logan's dad Kenny Monk, has offered up the use of his family's property in which to camp, cook, and hangout. He has 26 acres of land, 2 of which are cleared for parking, camping and fixing broken stuff!. His barn will hold around 120 people and has a stove and facilities for cooking, and wood burning stoves.

We will be staying here instead of at Group camp for size constraints, since we will have around 30 trucks at this ride (if I counted all the clubs participants correctly).

From the outpost it is 2 miles towards Troy then right at Uwharrie store on River Rd, then exactly 7 miles to gate on left. Exactly 1.1 mile further is the BP at corner with Hwy 24-27.

For GPS/Mapquest purposes the BP station address is:
4560 NC HWY 24 27W
Mount Gilead, NC 27371

Saturday Morning

Meet at the Outpost at 8:30 and divide into groups. We'll depart in waves starting at 9:30, with around 6-8 in each group.

Easy (Wolfs Den) will park on the front gravel parking line closest to the pumps
Moderate (Dickey Bell) will park in front gravel parking line furthest from the pumps
Difficult (Daniel) will park on the rear gravel parking line close to the AIR pump

Saturday Night

Dinner will be a medley of potluck items, bring a little extra of whatever you make best in order to share. I will try to acquire a pig cooker in order to help facilitate some large scale cooking, but with tailgate season, it may be hard to get this late, so I would still plan like you were cooking at group camp. Definitely bring some regional beers if you want to swap...

Sorry it's so lengthy, Club presidents/trip leaders PM me for my cell phone and any questions you might have...

Brian

Hate that you can't make it David, was looking forward to seeing you in Uwharrie again!

Important Change of Camp

Just to let everyone know, Logan's dad Kenny Monk, has offered up the use of his family's property in which to camp, cook, and hangout. He has 26 acres of land, 2 of which are cleared for parking, camping and fixing broken stuff!. His barn will hold around 120 people and has a stove and facilities for cooking, and wood burning stoves.

We will be staying here instead of at Group camp for size constraints, since we will have around 30 trucks at this ride (if I counted all the clubs participants correctly).

From the outpost it is 2 miles towards Troy then right at Uwharrie store on River Rd, then exactly 7 miles to gate on left. Exactly 1.1 mile further is the BP at corner with Hwy 24-27.

For GPS/Mapquest purposes the BP station address is:
4560 NC HWY 24 27W
Mount Gilead, NC 27371

Saturday Morning

Meet at the Outpost at 8:30 and divide into groups. We'll depart in waves starting at 9:30, with around 6-8 in each group.

Easy (Wolfs Den) will park on the front gravel parking line closest to the pumps
Moderate (Dickey Bell) will park in front gravel parking line furthest from the pumps
Difficult (Daniel) will park on the rear gravel parking line close to the AIR pump

Saturday Night

Dinner will be a medley of potluck items, bring a little extra of whatever you make best in order to share. I will try to acquire a pig cooker in order to help facilitate some large scale cooking, but with tailgate season, it may be hard to get this late, so I would still plan like you were cooking at group camp. Definitely bring some regional beers if you want to swap...

Sorry it's so lengthy, Club presidents/trip leaders PM me for my cell phone and any questions you might have...

Brian

Sounds like a real good time and lots of fun. I would love to go but can't make it due to work. Thanks Garner!

Not a problem! We'll get you guys down to Uwharrie eventually!

Pics are up in our forum, along with Upstates, Lowcountry's, and Swamp Fox's. Great time, missed you guys from making it a large East Coast gathering!

Pics are up in our forum, along with Upstates, Lowcountry's, and Swamp Fox's. Great time, missed you guys from making it a large East Coast gathering!

Thanks Brian! One day we're gonna make it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom