Mak92 4RnR's 92 4Runner build up thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just signed up to Ih8Mud and figured my build thread would be the best first post. Figured since im on TTORA, Yotatech, and UY, i'd sign up here.

This 1st post of this thread will be constantly edited and I will post pictures of my newest modifcation, as they trickle in on the last post.

I've done a lot to the rig for it still being IFS, but Ill put a color coded list of what has been done, list pictures of where Ive taken it, and will post up highlights.

Stock:
IMG_3993-1.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

Current:

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

White = Current Mods
Red = New Mods
Orange = Bought but haven't installed

Mods:

Engine:
K&N Drop in Filter
Air box Mod
Doug Thorley Headers
2.25 Exhaust Piping
Borla Turbo Style Muffler
3" Tip
Trail Gear Optima Battery Mount
Red Top Optima Battery
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Suspension/Drivetrain:

Front:
Aisin Manual Hubs
Sway Bar Removed
New Idler Arm
4.88 Gearing + Aussie Locker
Front Diff Breather Extension

Rear:
4.88 Gearing + Aussie Locker
Rear Diff Breather Extendion
TG Differential Stud Eliminator Kit
4CRAWLER 2" Coil Spacers

Tires:
33x10.50 BFG Km2s

Exterior:

TJM Front Bumper
4' Firestik CB Antenna Mounted at Tailgate
3k HIDs
Pro Comp Flat Black Rockcrawler Rims 15x8 3.75
Debadged
Hi Jack mounted on Front Bumper
SPC15R SPECO 8x5" PA Horn
Budbuilt Front Skid Plate
SDORI IFS Brace
Stubbs Welding Sliders HD-SKO
KMA Rear Plated Bumper w/ Tire Swing Out
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Interior:
SR5 Front Seat Conversion
Kenwood 1000w 2 Channel Amp
Alpine 450w 4 Channel Amp
Pioneer Premier Deck
x2 Alpine Type R Subwoofers
Cobra 19DXIV 40 Channel CB radio
Oznium 16 & 25 LED Bulb Dome Lights
1st Gen 4Runner Roll bar

Action Shots/Places Visited

Folsom Lake, CA
DSC_0370.jpg

Prairie City, CA
l_682ac92082544e69a2b8389d3a154ed5.jpg

Forest Hill, CA
DSC02331.jpg

Pollock Pines, CA
018.jpg

Rattlesnake Bar, CA
DSC_0037.jpg

Kyburz, CA
DSC_0053.jpg

Bodega Bay, CA
IMG_0651.jpg

Pismo Beach, CA
60329_1548456185330_1052820014_1560668_3506906_n.jpg

Greenhorn, CA
72246_173594619333972_100000503045895_559537_2597946_n.jpg

Washington, CA
DSC_0046.jpg

Squaw Ridge, CA
DSC_0070.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. That picture is from when Sacramento got snow. I think it was a year ago, not sure exactly. lol Ill be posting up more pictures of places i've been, and the current look of the truck soon. Just need to trasnfer files from one computer to another. Where in cali are you located?

bout time you get on mud. leave fat coreys forum hahahah

bout time you get on mud. leave fat coreys forum hahahah

For sure man! Im already diggin' the site. looking at the reader's rides thread right now. I found a picture of what my Runner is gonna look like when Im finished with it. Im actually surprised someone has it built the same expedition style I want mine.

Here's a few updates:

I finally got the 4Runner running after about 4 months. The headgasket blew and then I had to deal with the mechanic that repaired it ( he didn't have a clue, so a different tech was put on it and he assembled it, now it runs better than ever ) So with that being said. heres everything i've done recently. I'll also include plans for what I wanna do with it after Pismo ( september 23-25th )

I smashed my exhaust at the latest wheeling trip, So I modded it to be a bit more clearance. Got the idea from a stock FJ80 exhaust

IMG_0910.jpg

and with that being done, I also put the stock catalytic converter back in after being illegal for 2 1/2 years. just popped the original catalytic converter back in, took it to the referee and bam!

IMG_0921.jpg

These should be showing up today. This is just a temporary lift since pismo is like less than 2 weeks away. Gonna pop these in and swap them out later for 901 Coils

IMG_0912.jpg

Heres the Trasharoo showing up today:
BLACK TRASHAROO SPARE TIRE TRASH BAG

Last edited:
Now that my truck is legal, and running right. I feel more obligated to mod it more.

So we did a little wiring on 93yotaSR5's LC yesterday and it got me to thinking... I should really get my Hella's hooked up. that obviously elevated to doing my whole aftermarket electrical system.

This will probably take place AFTER pismo ( most likely since pismo is less than 2 weeks away )

So here's the plan:

Roof rack: its needed not only for more storage and the cool factor, but it will also mount 4 of my HELLA 700ffs.
OFFROAD UNLIMITED ROOF RACK

Lights: I already own a pair of hella 700ffs that haven't been wired up. I will be buying 2 more sets. which will add up to 2 on the front bumper, 4 on the roof rack. ( for a total of 6 )
HELLA 700FFs

HID kits: DDM tuning sells an amazing 55w slim ballast kit for cheap. I already own one kit, so i'd need to buy 2 more. I'll be going with 3k on the front bumper and 5k on the roof ( the white has a brighter/longer beam than the yellow )
DDM TUNING HID KITS

Switches/panels: I'll be ordering some switches and a panel. I'll get more into this when I list prices and links to where i got everything. Going to be going with these, depending on which one fits. ( i want the 6 but will settle for the 3 )
DAYSTAR GREEN LED ROCKER SWITCH
3 ROCKER SWITCH HOLDER
or
6 ROCKER SWITCH HOLDER

Swapping plan: I already own one HID kit and 1 pair of HELLA 700ffs. I'll be swapping the HID kit out of the headlights and putting them in the already owned lights and putting stock bulbs back in so i stop blinding the crap out of everybody( maturity is setting in, crazy isn't it? )

Fuse block: I'm a firm believer of doing everything right the first time. So yes, I will be buying a blue sea fuse block ( small one, as the engine bay is crammed with a 3vz ) I'll just need to find a place to mount it and have my brother help me install it. I'll order the fuse and the wire with it.
BLUE SEA FUSE BLOCK 6 CIRCUIT WITH GROUND
BLUE SEA FUSE BLOCK HD FUSE HOLDER
BLUE SEA FUSE BLOCK HD FUSE
4 GAUGE WIRE

Alternator/battery/power: I already have a redtop optima. I THINK this will be sufficient enough for now to handle these lights. I have a stereo as well. so I MIGHT be pushing it with a stock alternator. I'll definitely have to get an upgraded one before I order a winch. but with front/rear lockers. I have yet to desire/need a winch. I'd rather have other goodies than a bumper ornament.

Mounting plans:

Obviously the lights are going to go where they're intended. ( 2 on the bumper, 4 on the roof rack ). But what im worried about is the fuse block... I dont know of any place off the top of my head that I can mount that it in the engine bay. But i've entertained the idea of mounting in the back quarter panel in the cargo area...? This would allow me to mount a much larger fuse block, but then again i'd have wires noodling throughout my entire truck. So I'd rather have it up close.

As for the switch panel. I'd like some ideas. I already have a pretty good idea, but im not sure if it'll fit. If you see in this picture, just behind the steering wheel, theres a unused piece of plastic... I wonder if the 6 switch holder will fit there? ( dont have my truck with me otherwise i'd measure it ) the 6 switch holder is approximately 6" in length

DSC_3854.jpg

Pricing:

as far as pricing goes? I plan to order it all from amazon most likely. I fully expect this ( not including the roof rack ) to be around 3-400 bucks. depending with what I go with. if i go with the 3 switch and less wire, obviously it'll be cheaper.

Got the trasharoo and coil spacers yesterday. I love it when brown and blue santa visit me :)

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Coil spacers are going in over the weekend. Hopefully those 2" are enough to make it level out.

Put the coil spacers in and it definitely leveled the rear out.

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

More pictures of the stance with the coil spacers in.

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

and I got my Tire Deflators dialed in and ready for pismo!

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

Packed for pismo! just need to pack food, clothes, drank, flags the trasharoo and the igloo! ( water jug )

92 4Runner rear coils or spacer blocks?

What type of spring spacer did you use for the rear. I want to help my 92 with something to lift it from sagging. I am also interested in coils. What do you recommend spacer blocks or coils?

IMG_0651.jpg

Right outside The Hole in the Head, right?
You're all over my home turf, brother!

What type of spring spacer did you use for the rear. I want to help my 92 with something to lift it from sagging. I am also interested in coils. What do you recommend spacer blocks or coils?

I bought the coils for like 40 bucks off craigslist... if you got the money, I suggest coils. If your pockets are deep, convert it to leafs.

So i recently acquired a Fj62 axle, LC coils, a winch, and a FJ60 rebuild axle kit. I'll be having a baby cruiser soon enough!

Installed my winch last night!

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

Tonight ill; be tearing down my front axle. going to be ordering all the gaskets, seals, bearings, studs, etc etc to rebuild it. Need to check the play in the spindles as well. Ill also be ordering 5.29 R&P, an aussie and the differential rebuild kit.

Also heres my FJ62 axle

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Tearing this sucker down tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom