Chrome Bezel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ca./S.C. Now living in the Philippines Moving back
Hello fellow boggers, Did Toyota actually make a chrome headlight bezel for a FJ40? I have a 71 with one on it. but my other and friends all have white. Seems oem but not sure, are they rare if oem?:hmm:

i bought a chrome bezel new in the 70,s dont remember who sold them,the bezel may have been oem but i dont think the chrome was. most folks dont care for them and their not worth a ton of money.you might find a trade for a white 1 as some folks like the chrome.i think the chrome 1 looked good on my 45 lv.

Yes, there was a factory chrome bezel.

If your chrome has a slightly brushed finish, it is probably OE. If it is full polish, it is aftermarket.

IOW, Toyota's chrome was not the best!

Best

Mark A.

older style and later style bezels chrome :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

my 71 was a factory chrome package. also had the chrome bumperettes.

pretty cool learned something new today never new toyota offerd a chrome bezel ,need to get out more i geauss.

Thanks for the response guys and have a Merry Christmas! May the Old Guy in the red suit bring Fj40 goodies for you this year :)

I agree that chrome is gay looking on a 40 but I gave $400 for the 71 with a diesel, disc brakes, airconditioning, 5 spd tranny, saginaw ps and a chrome bezel. I guess the bezel is what I paid for :)

My 67 bezel wasn't chrome but stainless with a brushed finish and clear coat...and my 71 had overspray on it bad so when I stripped it I found it too is stainless. So, was my 67 just stripped of paint or was it factory stainless with a brushed finish and clear coat?

I have a chrome embossed bezel on the wall and was of the understanding, and appears to be a factory chrome. It came on a 63 I flipped. I did not think it stock to a 63 but if ever when where they produced. And I hear the chrome ehh vibe, but. Stock hub caps are chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom