Garage/Workshop Space - Seattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Posted this in the local section as well, may get more traffic here so hope you don't mind my cross-post.
I'm planning to do quite a bit of work to my '94 80 sometime over the winter. It rolled over 200k this past week and I wanted to do a preventive headgasket replacement, some other while I am in there items (hoses, gaskets, radiator etc.), maybe a knuckle-job and some interior work (new head unit with NAV, new speakers, some soundproofing, run some wiring for the ARB and Kaymar bumper lights). All in preparation for a Canada/Alaska trip next spring/summer.
I got a pretty competitive quote for the engine work from local member TorFab which I'm seriously considering however that would leave me more or less out of budget for the other items.
I'm pretty confident I can tackle the head gasket and other engine work myself with all the info here, the FSM and Doug's DVD (I was a marine engineer in a previous life) and that would save me some $$$ for other items.
The problem here is that I live in a condo in Capitol Hill and don't have the space to tear into it. Anybody on here in the area that might have some pointers as to where I might be able to find a suitable garage/workshop space (which I'll be paying for of course) or anyone not using their garage for a month or 2 and doesn't mind my company (and a steady supply of micro-brews)?
Thanks in advance!!

I saw garage space available on Central Av and around Smith St in Kent...not sure if they wanted a lease. Its right next door to a body shop on the west side. Have you looked into a self storage type place with power for your tools?

Howdy! I'd happy to offer a hand on the stuff Tor isn't taking care of for you. Unfortunately my garage is full of tools and pinball machines at present... still, for 1-2 day projects there's always the driveway. Just down the road in Columbia City.

I've also heard there's cheap space for rent in the hangers down at boeing field...
Anyhow, good luck. PM me if you want.

I saw garage space available on Central Av and around Smith St in Kent...not sure if they wanted a lease. Its right next door to a body shop on the west side. Have you looked into a self storage type place with power for your tools?

Thanks for the tip, might be a bit far out. I called some of the storage places, most of them don't allow maintenance or charge a bit much if you want to do work..

Howdy! I'd happy to offer a hand on the stuff Tor isn't taking care of for you. Unfortunately my garage is full of tools and pinball machines at present... still, for 1-2 day projects there's always the driveway. Just down the road in Columbia City.

I've also heard there's cheap space for rent in the hangers down at boeing field...
Anyhow, good luck. PM me if you want.

Thanks for the generous offer, I'm hoping I'll find a place where I can work for a longer period of time but sending you a PM regardless.

I bit the bullet and I'm having Tor do the same engine work for me.

I bit the bullet and I'm having Tor do the same engine work for me.

Which is probably what I'll do as well, it'll give me peace of mind to know it's been done right, but it's quite the bullet to bite.. Another thing that keeps me coming back to this decision is that I really want to learn more about these rigs. The only way to learn is to actually do it, so that's what's holding me back a bit.
Maybe we can set up a "group buy" for the Pac. NW! :D

Does Tor fly in to different cities to do the HG? How much does he charge? I'm near Bellingham with a new to me 200k 96. I have a garage too, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom