Beasley "Not-so" bash! 9/11-12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
As indicated we killed off the "Bash" after last year but we're still going to Beasley Knob this year.

It will be an overnighter so bring your camping gear. Details will be posted shortly. :cheers:

ORV Fees: $5 Per day
Food: Bring you own
Bevs: BYOB

ENTRANCE: go to Rosemarry Dr. (FS Rd. 93) & 76/515 for easiest access. This will take you up to a pay station where you'll need to pay your $5 per day of wheeling. Follow the trail out the back of the pay lot on FS 93 (which intersects 93A once you pass 93B) until you see the camp site of the left. It aint fancy but certainly functional and is located south of 93B, looks like a gravel parking lot with a couple of big trees right in the middle of it.
34.881962,-83.908333 - Google Maps

If you go to the first entrance (FS 851) you're screwed and have to "wheel" to the camp ground so don't do that.

CAMPING: Primitive only, located just off 93A south of 93B

I'd throw some firewood in the rig as well.

Beasley Knob OHV map.jpg

Pulled from last year's post: thx Josh:
Holiday Inn Express
333 Fisher St, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-6844

Best Western Milton Inn Motel
222 Hwy 515, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-6995

Seasons Inn
16 Town Sq, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-8490

El-Joe Lodge
1639 El Joe Rd, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-6991

Hidden Cabins
Mulkey Gap Rd, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-2357
Blood Mountain Cabins & Country Store
9894 Gainesville Hwy, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-9454

Highland Falls Management, Inc. dba Highland Falls Cabins
4434 Highland Forgee, Blairsville, GA - (888) 201-4537

Kilin Tyme Cabins
Highway 129 S, Blairsville, GA - (706) 745-1900

Tersta Inc
16 Town Sq, Blairsville, GA - (706) 835-4236

Foggy Bottom Farm
1596 Lower Trackrock Road, Blairsville, GA - (706) 781-5833​
Beasley Knob OHV map.jpg

Last edited:
Turns out SFWDA is having their meeting in Blairsville the same weekend so I'd expect some company around the campfire Saturday night.

uhhh where are we camping?

Well I'll be there and was interested where we were camping as well. I have a M416 trailer but no roof tent or ground tent (sold both in prep for one or the other new), and I have a pop up but can't see that thing making it up the mountain. Heck I'll have to lift it just to get it to the trail head. So back to that where is everyone camping?

A

Jack drove a motor home to the camping area a few years ago. A flatbed used to drop off port a lets when it was an event. A pop-up should be possible if ya go slow...

Turns out SFWDA is having their meeting in Blairsville the same weekend so I'd expect some company around the campfire Saturday night.

SFWDA is having our meeting and trail ride that weekend, you all are invited to attend the meeting and I hope to see you on the trail, here is the meeting info:
The SFWDA 3rd quarter meeting will be held on Saturday, September 11, 2010 at the North Georgia Technical College, 434 Meeks Avenue, Blairsville, GA 30512. Telephone number – (706) 439-6334. For additional information, please check www.northgatech.edu, Blairville Campus. The meeting will start at 9 AM EST and coffee, juice and water will be provided by Southern Jeeps. Southern Jeeps will additionally offer some afternoon light trail riding at Beasley Knob, Blairsville, GA.

Mark your calendars: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 9:00 AM North Georgia Technical College

Well thats cool! I'm working on getting a new axle under the Pop-up as it is riding about 8" off the ground.................ha

A

uhhh where are we camping?

There is camping in the ORV, it's nothing glorious but not bad either and will suffice for one night. This is the same location as years past and it's fairly accessible for trailers. There are no accommodations, just good ole' roughin' it.

from 08 w the TT
P1040148.JPG

Might have to spring for that generator to run the ac in our pop up! Think we might show up early say Friday afternoon, anyone we have to check in with prior to setting up camp?

A

It is a small camp ground, not sure the tent campers would like listening to a generator run all night.

Sid

I think we had about 25-30 rigs plus trailers in 08 but it was wall to wall. I've added this to the first post which we typically use to keep up to date details but I'll post it hear too.

go to this entrance for easy access, Rosemary and Hwy 515 34.881962,-83.908333 - Google Maps

If you go in the first entrance forget it, you'll never get a trailer up there.

It is a small camp ground, not sure the tent campers would like listening to a generator run all night.

Sid

Have you ever owned a Honda Generator? Shhhhhhhh like a butterfly and seeing as how I'll likely be the first one there.............. :princess:

We'll see how it goes.

A

Have you ever owned a Honda Generator? Shhhhhhhh like a butterfly and seeing as how I'll likely be the first one there.............. :princess:

We'll see how it goes.

A

Yeah the Hondas are pretty quiet. shouldn't be a big deal but if it is you may find a 40 parked on it one morning. :flipoff2:

I'll be cooking some wonderful meals, and I hear the county will be dry no longer thats always a plus.

A

FYI, TLCA still thinks there is an Official Event, according to their calendar.

yeah, they're working from ancient information and probably just haven't bothered to correct it.

yeah, they're working from ancient information and probably just haven't bothered to correct it.

par for the course, they had GSMTR posted in July up until a month or so before the event (in June)!

Holy cow. This is next weekend. I better get my truck back in running condition.
:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom