May 8th--First Annual Pig Roast-Dont Miss this Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
Dave and Olga have invited everyone out to their farm about 20 minutes east of Athens for a good ole' fashioned Pig Roast. We'll have room for plenty of camping, Lie telling, Amethyst mining and of course Wheeling at Durhamtown Plantation.

Dave & Olga Larson
399 Clark Station Church Rd.
Tignall, Georgia 30668

Caution on using GPS, it will sometimes take you back roads so please consult the Google map below.
399 Clark Station Church Rd, Tignall, Wilkes, Georgia 30668 - Google Maps

Dinner is around 4:00.
Wheeling about 10:30
Digging--Anytime

Official Attendance List in 2nd Post

This is one event to definitely should plan to attend. Bring the camp chairs, tents and the family.

Cost: Pre-Registration (Kids 16 and younger EAT FREE)
$10 per person for the Pig Roast . Please bring a covered dish and your own beverages. We're looking for side dishes and desserts.

PayPal found here for the Pig Roast does not include wheeling or mining:
Club Events

(Elective) $25 per person for mining a top 50 rated Amethyst Mine in the US only 5 minutes from the farm. I've been there and this place is well worth seeing and digging around in. If nothing else the wife will have fun collecting rocks for the yard.

(Elective) $20 per driver at Wheeling Durhamtown Only 15 minutes from the farm
Camping is Free in the Larson's front yard. We'll have a fire pit and plenty of room
pigroast.jpg

Last edited:
PayPal for the Pig Roast is up and Running.

$10 per head (Kids 16 and younger EAT FREE) Club Events (down at the bottom). You do NOT need a PayPal account for PayPal payment

COMMITTED ATTENDEES 5/3/10: who knows but at last count 50+

Tkinze+1 (Paid)
Schmitty (Paid)
Schmitty Ole' Man (Paid)
AuburnFJ(married) + TrailDiva (Paid)
Cid96 +1 (Paid)
BGarcia88FJ62 +3 (Paid 2)
Our Host Downhill Dave +1 + his pile of guests (+/-20, literally) (Paid and then some)
DZLToy (Fretwel) (Paid)
Richard & Lyn Mitchell +1 (Paid)
Stockrunner (Paid)
Brian McCormick
Tom Victor (Paid)
Robert (Paid)
Tom (Paid)
Stewart--no show
Andrew (Paid)
Hendog+1 (Paid)
Patrick+1

Last edited:
The headcount is actually getting up there. We have somewhere around 25 folks, mostly guests of a handful of members committed and have not heard from most of you.

if you're going:
WE NEED YOU TO SIGN UP DA**IT

TrailDiva and I will be there and most likely with 2 guests...

Myself, & Christy
:beer:.

Last edited:
I would first like to say thanks to Dave and Olga for opening up there house and property to us for having this event!!!!! My question is since dave is covering the cost of the pig what is tha $10 going for? since the top post states that the money is for the pig roast.

oh and it more like 45 min to an hour east of athens. FYI

I would first like to say thanks to Dave and Olga for opening up there house and property to us for having this event!!!!! My question is since dave is covering the cost of the pig what is tha $10 going for? since the top post states that the money is for the pig roast.

I know you haven't been to a meeting lately so you probably haven't heard, the BOD took the club's money and bought a Leer Jet so we could take go to Vegas. Thanks, oh wait :flipoff2:

But Serisouly, this is an effort to get more people directly involved and participating and therefore all experimental. We'll learn from this one and make changes as seen fit.

It's $10 per adult and the kids eat free, For a very minimal expense you can feed a family of 4, get a place to camp, good food, good times all for cheaper than a Big Mac meal, can't beat that. Go to the Events Page for Paypal.

Aside from the expenses of portables and consumable supplies that everyone will be using the club might make a dollar or two, but not much more. This will go to pay for things such as the Annual, raffle prizes and some other things the membership has brewing. Besides, dues are a little down these days and not coming in like they used to.

I know that you will not post how much the club has in the bank, so with that said why doesn't the club just pick up some of the cost and just charge $5 per person? especially if everyone is expected to bring a side and drinks, which will add to the overall cost per person which would amount to more that a McDonnalds visit.

I know that you will not post how much the club has in the bank, so with that said why doesn't the club just pick up some of the cost and just charge $5 per person? especially if everyone is expected to bring a side and drinks, which will add to the overall cost per person which would amount to more that a McDonnalds visit.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ga-georgia-cruisers/257111-meetings-events-calendar.html

Please feel free to discuss it via email or pm or meeting.

As always, I'll more likely be missing in action...
Dave, sorry I won't be there! I really wanted to see the place.

(Would someone cleanup the garbage off this thread please...:flipoff2:)

sure are a big man behind that keybord.

We have a meeting on Tues. and if you want your opinion heard (in person), show up and share it. So no one is "hiding"...

I dont know about anyone else, but Miranda and I are excited about the pig roast and it sounds like it should be a pretty good turn out...

I am hopeful/expecting to be able to make it, and camp. Sounds like it'll be a good time. Thanks Dave and Olga.

Ted,
A pig roast is a good time followed up with a good meal. Enjoy. My experience has always been that the cooking crew has a better time than those that show up only to eat. I am sure that it will be a great event for the entire chapter and your families.

PS an opinion from the peanut gallery; The treasury has built up through a lot of hard work and long view planning to enable the chapter to have sufficient funds to support critical items when they surface. In the past few years some of those items were efforts to keep Rich Mountain, Anderson Creek and (currently) Tellico open. Kudos on keeping up with the original plans for the funds rather than bleeding them away on day-to-day items.

what are the hours/times for this event?

Show up when you can and leave whenever you have to be at work!! :meh:

There's a small crew heading up Friday night and camping and the main event will be Saturday. the pig is gonna take +/-18 hrs to cook so somewhere around 5-6 PM is dinner I suppose but we may need to shoot for a little earlier.

Last edited:

The Dog and the :princess: Will be there. Mid afternoon!!!​

DSC08790.jpg
548.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom