soa kit u can buy online for an 89 landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey I am just curious, is there a kit I can buy for a landcruiser so I can do a SOA lift to it? I know Rubicon express carries a kit like that for a yj just need to know if anyone carries for a cruiser.

Here is another one.
"http://www.proffittscruisers.com/suspensions/spring-over-axle.html"
I cant get this to work as a link just cut and past it into your browser url bar.

Last edited:
Rusty, the proffitt's link isn't working.

thought one of the most delicated jobs in the SO it's on the axle .. buy one for a core will be nice but the shipping will kill you ..

It's easy to drive your Cruiser to this place and let 'em done for ya .. if you don't feel confident DIY

Rusty, the proffitt's link isn't working.

That's weird it worked when i previewed the post then it worked when I edited it and previewed. As soon as I post it the link stops working.

wow guys thanks for the help definitely some good stuff here thx for the quick replies. I actually just got this thing 2 days ago and went wheeling with it in some snow. besides having an soa done to the rig are they any fairly cheap options to lift the rig? all the kits i see only give like 2 inch lift but they want like 1100 for the kit. But i'd rather go 5 1/2 inch area. don't get me wrong i have no problem welding just curious if there was like a type of bolt on deal

no, no such bolt on spring over that im aware of. i know there is such a thing for the jeeps but not these. lots of options for ways you could go and how it can be done, just sorta depends on how much you want to spend.

X2 on all above. SOA, SUA does not matter ALL kits are not complete! It's all the little stuff that gets you! Don't rely on kits to replace good old fashioned homework.

wow guys thanks for the help definitely some good stuff here thx for the quick replies. I actually just got this thing 2 days ago and went wheeling with it in some snow. besides having an soa done to the rig are they any fairly cheap options to lift the rig? all the kits i see only give like 2 inch lift but they want like 1100 for the kit. But i'd rather go 5 1/2 inch area. don't get me wrong i have no problem welding just curious if there was like a type of bolt on deal

If you've only had the truck a few days I'd say drive it for a while to get to know it, and figure out exactly the kind of driving you want to do with it. Meanwhile read, read, read. There is a metric tonne of information here and elsewhere on the web, read as much of it as of can. You might also look around for a local Toyota club, car clubs are a wealth of information and nothing beats spending some talking face to face with guys who have "BTDT".

My advice is to keep the center of gravity (COG) as low as possibly and still do the trails you want to. 5 1/2" is a lot of lift.

Suspension lift vs SOA;

Suspension, basically bolt on stuff. Be prepared the spring bushings WILL be fused to the springs and hangers. In general a less expensive option than an SOA. The major down side is it leaves the steering linkage hanging out there and the springs stay low where they easily get hung on rocks.

SOA more expensive if done correctly, ie cut and turn the axle, add high steer, etc. The big advantage is, it gives you way more ground clearance without moving the COG that much. Also all the steering linkage is over top of the axle where it is less exposed to damage.

good call about the cog the only reason i am looking to do the lift so soon is most of the trails in my area call for a raised vehicle. Not wanting to beat up the underside of my rig, i figure it is a good idea if i can get a little bit higher off the ground. definitely looking to get wheels and tires as well prolly 33's and would prefer to not having to worry about rubbing.

I'd call up proffitts. I believe they offer almost everything you need to make spring over axle almost a bolt on affair. I did mine myself for about $1700 but $700 of that was custom high angle long travel cv driveshafts I had made since I also did a v8/4l60e swap and needed driveshaft work anyway I figured I'd go all out.

If you want a cheap lift to run 33s do man-a-fre add a leaves, extended shackles, and a 2" body lift. This will give you 4" of lift for about $400 and easily clear 33x12.50x15s. The ride will be a little bouncy but honestly it will flex pretty well and get you a lot of places. I did this to my 60 and it worked out great before I decided I wanted to go all out and do the engine swap and spring over.

learn how to drive your rig in stock form, then upgrade. youd be amazed how capable it is.

i dont even want to say how much ive spent on my soa.
i drove my truck on 235's for the longest time, and it never stopped me offroading

look at my sig.

the ruffstuff kit is gtg. really beefy steel.

hi-steer a must imo.

ended up getting new leafs after one wheeling trip...the alcans are sweet! flexed them really good last weekend.

shocks you really have to measure for after the lift is done.

you got a 62, you won't need to notch the crossmember, or do a cut-n-turn. seems like everyone that has a 62 and hasn't CnTed, has no problems.

i am using the stock driveshafts.

i also did gears for the 35s and really like them, although they do top out the highway speed.

my truck is fuqen badA$$...though my buddies with 80s are tired of me yelling "Wagon powa!"

**i saved up the $ over a year or so...it adds up!

good call about the cog the only reason i am looking to do the lift so soon is most of the trails in my area call for a raised vehicle. Not wanting to beat up the underside of my rig, i figure it is a good idea if i can get a little bit higher off the ground. definitely looking to get wheels and tires as well prolly 33's and would prefer to not having to worry about rubbing.

if you are only wanting little 33's then you do NOT need a spring over. all you need is a basic 2-2.5" lift maybe a little longer shackles for a little extra height.

Sprung under i ran both 33's and 35's, sprung over i run 38.5's now and next set will be 40's.

actually I ran 33" X 12.5 in my stock ( not sag ) suspension with only extended shackles .. with a few rub spots ..

as did I on mine, thats why a mild lift will easily clear his 33" tire choice and give him a little ground clearance and appearance looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom