2F Engine in a FJ80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone has installed a 2F engine in an FJ80?? I have searched and found nothing.:hmm:

hey ya know what? as much as I been talking and guessing at the power a 2Fe would give...

Check out what gains this company claims 1/4" of stroke does...

"What is a stroker crankshaft? It's 5mm more stroke! (Thats 1/4 of an inch.) Usable power is what the stroker crank will give your engine. It increases the torque of the ??R engine as much as 30%. This means more pulling power for a 4x4 application or increased acceleration for your circle track car. Best yet, you can use this with any type of engine set-up, including the factory EFI system with no adverse side effects. High compression or low compression, we have the pistons to make the stroker crank work for your application. All stroker rotating assemblies come with H-beam connecting rods for maximum strength! "

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebG...UniqueID=94FAE26A-7013-4AA8-A636-D93D9E7539F0

IMO, there needs to be a 2Fe owners check-in, in 80's tech... Sad there's way more in 60's than 80 tech....

What, the 80's not a slow enough tub for ya?

I'm assuming he means 2Fe... lol that, like so many other things, went right over my head...:D

...747:lol:

Come to think of it... I don't imagine there's as much high speed driving in Puerto Rico as there is in america... but what do I know... it should pull great down low. Like a Diesel... with VERY VERY VERY bad MPG.

2f:...125hp @ 3,600 & 200 ft/lbs @ 1,800
3Fe: 154hp @ 4,000 & 220 ft/lbs @ 3,000

I don't know about y'all... but I see a huge difference there...

Last edited:
I'm assuming he means 2Fe... lol that, like so many other things, went right over my head...:D

...747:lol:

Come to think of it... I don't imagine there's as much high speed driving in Puerto Rico as there is in america... but what do I know... it should pull great down low. Like a Diesel... with VERY VERY VERY bad MPG.

2f:...125hp @ 3,600 & 200 ft/lbs @ 1,800
3Fe: 154hp @ 4,000 & 220 ft/lbs @ 3,000
2F-ETI: 244rwhp @ 5000 & 413ft/lbs @ 1,800

I don't know about y'all... but I see a huge difference there...

:D:D:D

So..... is there any genuine interest on anybody's part to build a 2FE powered FJ80? I see the odd thread like this, or alkaline's ford 300 one, and a post or two by 80 guys in 2FE threads elsewhere. It makes me curious whether there is just a bit of e-wrenching talk, or if anyone is really considering it.

If there is interest, I'd be happy to to compile some info from those who have done it in 40s and 60s and start a thread here to discuss that and get a dialogue going on what obstacles there might be in an 80. (hood clearance? different crank bolt pattern/flexplate?)

I'm just curious about this, I had the 2F in my previous cruisers and they seem to have more power than the 3FE. I did not know there was a 2FE, besides, the 2F is available here.:cheers:

Any pictures of these 2FE's???:hmm:

They look just like 3FEs. The main noticeable difference is the height and the water pump.

Someone mentioned in one of RockDoc threads about where the motor mounts sit in the frame rails.

They look just like 3FEs. The main noticeable difference is the height and the water pump.

If I read it correctly, you put a 2FE in the stock location of the 3FE, you will be rubbing the hood. The motor mount perches have to be lowered in the frame.

Any pictures of these 2FE's???:hmm:

000_0305.jpg

2" body life will see it right I believe for an 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom