Black Drum Recipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I have a couple of Black Drum Fillets that my brother gave me that I am gonna fix up tonight. Anyone have any really good recipes for Black Drum?

So far, I am contemplating just rubbing them with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and a little Old Bay and grilling them up.

Any other ideas?

are they fresh or have they been frozen for a while? I would only grill them if they're fresh, otherwise I'd lightly fry them in veg oil and a light dusting of flour. Where'd he get them mace?

jeezus... i didn't know you could eat those dumpsters with gills...

Really? I can't say that I've ever eaten them, but a lot of folks here do.

There fun to catch, definitely... They have worms where I'm from... I give them away on the pier to the dude with a stringer full of hard head catfish and croakers when I catch one.

might be amazing fish, dunno... :meh:... it's just one that we always have given away. I might keep one the next time I catch it...

lol, not really that worried about it :D

My Brother liven Just outside of Corpus Christie Texas. These have been in the freezer since Oct.

Blackened sounds tasty tho.

And, Sheepshead (Salt Water Variety not the Great Lakes Variety) are a GREAT tasting fish.

Brother also sent me some Sea Trout. I hear those has worms as well. When they are bigger.
I'll post up on how to cook them in a week or so :D

sheep head are not boney.. we would snorkel the peir and shoot them most every day when it was warm enough... The fishermen would throw 4oz weights at us. They would be so pissed at our catch of big sheep head..

Drum is best fried if frozen... fresh you can grill or blacken them.. In NC they were saught after. them and red drum

drum....

mix old bay, oregano, salt pepper, cornmeal, and flour. dredege fish in mix, pan fry. serve with tabaso lemon butter sauce.

vac packed. They were not freezer burned at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom