CB Repair Shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
My 30yo+ unit crapped out on the Klondyke run. Any recomendations?
It worked fine, till the antenae rattled loose from the base and I transmitted, think it fried something..
Preferably Tucson area, but I can box up and send elsewhere.

My 30yo+ unit ****ped out on the Klondyke run. Any recomendations?
It worked fine, till the antenae rattled loose from the base and I transmitted, think it fried something..
Preferably Tucson area, but I can box up and send elsewhere.

hidy there not sure of any in tucson, how ever Apollo Comunication in glendale az on Olive and i think 57th ave is probally one of the best around i know they have been dealing with cb's hams base you name it for a good 30-40 years. sorry dont have there phone number but im sure you can google it. another good one in phoenix is Kuston cb & stereo at teh i-10 and 67th ave basiclly its the truck stop cb shack but they also do real good work there number is 623-907-1000 ask for robert

CB Exchange in Mesa. Rich (the owner) is a stand up guy who will treat you right.

6350 E Main St # 4 Mesa, AZ 85205-8998 - (480) 844-7200

These places used to be a dime a dozen back in the day. Thanks for the replies.

IIRC there is a decent CB shop just past the TTT. It used to be an old guy and his son that ran it. I haven't been there lately, but it might be worth checking out. They fixed an old Sears CB I fried on Charleau a few years ago.

Does Comm Tech sound right? Phone book says they are located at the TTT. If so, I will check them out. Think I'll tear it apart this weekend and see if there is anything obvious like a cracked solder pin first. Thanks

Don't remember the name. They had a big sign on the roof that simply read "CB Repair". IIRC its in the back of the TTT going toward the Circle K.

I'm headed past their tomorrow to run Mansfield Mine and Washington Camp this weekend. I'll try to remember and look.

The biggest CB shop I've seen in Tucson is in the TTT (Behind "Omar's Highway Chef"). They don't look like they do any repair, but will sell you parts all day long.

Rocky

Another thread revival..

Comm Tech, and it's tucked in behind the TTT complex. Great guy, my CB works just fine.:bounce::bounce2:. Said hang on to it, don't build 'em like that anymore...

I walked outta there with a new Firestix and an external speaker. Problem is, this thing is way stiffer than the old one and I'm thinking I may need a spring at the base...

I can see a potential of a tree wacking it, and the spring grounding out on the body. Anything I should be concerned about?

The Firesticks are designed for off-road, so they're built fairly flexible. I haven't heard of anyone breaking one by bending it, but i suppose it could happen. I whacked mine around a bit before I got a spring. That said, a spring don't cost much.

The Firesticks are designed for off-road, so they're built fairly flexible. I haven't heard of anyone breaking one by bending it, but i suppose it could happen. I whacked mine around a bit before I got a spring. That said, a spring don't cost much.

The stick itself doesn't break, but I have broken numerous mounts on mine, both the spring type and solid. Thats why I moved my antenna inboard to the center of the rear end instead of the outside like it used to be.

I broke the internals at the base of the Kenworth spin-off, that is why I couldn't talk and receive on our last trip. Antenna still looks perfect but one can feel a slight "click click" if it is rocked back and forth.
Is the aftermarket spring pre-grounded to the base/mount, or is it isolated from the frame?

Yep, a spring is a must here, just need to know it it touches ground (while transmitting), if I will be making another trip to Comm Tech....

:cheers:

Maybe I can post up some pics if I'm not being to clear here..

Last edited:
Nevermind, just got back from RS with a spring and another Firestik (this one has a finger adjustable tip, the other one needs to be tuned by cutting off 1/4" increments, deal with that dude later:lol:).

No way the spring will contact the tub and (first time ever), I've got a SWR reading of 1.5 to 1.8 with this setup.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom