oem oz sub tanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Dan, I usually have more time than money, and except my headligh which came really fast (Thanks again Dan ;) ) I usually can wait a little longer. Can I get in on the new shipping for future orders? :rolleyes:

Hi Steve-O, one of your people called this morning to authorize the shipping, She was very nice :) . She quoted the shipping cost in an almost apoligetic manner :frown: When I told her how much it Was going to cost we had a little laugh together. Thanks Steve

Steven

loquito said:
Hi Dan, I usually have more time than money, and except my headligh which came really fast (Thanks again Dan ;) ) I usually can wait a little longer. Can I get in on the new shipping for future orders? :rolleyes:

Hi Steve-O, one of your people called this morning to authorize the shipping, She was very nice :) . She quoted the shipping cost in an almost apoligetic manner :frown: When I told her how much it Was going to cost we had a little laugh together. Thanks Steve

Steven

Glad to here it, I am happy to help you out. Good luck with the install, there are lots of us here that can help you if you get stuck. Thanks, I will tell her about the compliment tomarrow. Steve

loquito said:

Steven

I should have the new software before your stuff ships...:D

This all reminds me of the trivia question, "Which state(s) are farthest east and farthest west?" Of course the answer is Alaska so be careful when you say "Can you ship that west?"

Hey guys
Well my box of parts showed up :)
I'm pretty happy, my tank just needs some soap and water work on the outside, everything was reaal good lookin.

Steve-O-
You sent me a 80 series neck- the one like George used. :)

Dan
Can I buy fuel hoses from Toyota for this or would you say look local?

I have an electrical question.
On my sender I have three wires

White/black = ground
yellow/red = fuel guage ie fuel level full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 etc
white/green = fuel empty

Did I remember that correctly, My note book is at a friends house :doh:

I hook up the OWMS (sp) meter set at 200 owms, to the ground and the yellow/red.
With the float at full, position (F), I get a reading of 3.2.
with the float down, position (E) like if the tank was empty I get a reading of 112.3.

The manual tells me my fuel Guage side is Okay for Resistance if I did follow the directions correctly?

Now on the White/green sub tank empty wire. The one needed by the ECU.

My manual is not much help here,

Same set up as above for the meter except positive to White/green sub tank empty wire. Still set at 200 owms.

I don't get any change on the meter , :crybaby:

It has a 1 space/space and then a .
when I move the dial on the meter to the lowest owms setting (20 owms ?) its represented as 1. ....

Please tell me I am checking it wrong, or that it is fine :whoops: .

Steve-O-
I am very happy, But Steve, what do I need to buy to get a sticker, are they only offered to Bumper Buyers? :flipoff2:

Thanks for your guy's help :flipoff2:

Steven

loquito said:
I have an electrical question.
On my sender I have three wires

White/black = ground
yellow/red = fuel guage ie fuel level full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 etc
white/green = fuel empty

Steven

Correct.

As far as the hoses go, in order to get the correct diameter you should use OEM fill hoses. You will need two of the one that is at the main tank.

cruiserdan said:
Correct.

As far as the hoses go, in order to get the correct diameter you should use OEM fill hoses. You will need two of the one that is at the main tank.

Dan
How do I test the sub tank empty wire on the sender to verify that it is working?

Last edited:
You will need to pull the sender out and lift up the the empty switch. When the curcuit is open (raised) you will not have continuity between the WB ground wire and the YG tank empty wire.

loquito said:
Hey guys
Steve-O-
You sent me a 80 series neck- the one like George used. :)

Steve-O-
I am very happy, But Steve, what do I need to buy to get a sticker, are they only offered to Bumper Buyers? :flipoff2:

Steven

Sorry Steven, you didnt ask :flipoff2: I always forget to put them in unless you tell me when the order is being placed. :doh: I was too busy making sure you got everything, so what did you want more? 80 fill neck or sticker? :D

Steve

I tested for continuity (none) and then opened up the metal box on the underside of the sender.

I have the comb shaped part that couses the reistance for the fuel guage side.

The w/g wire is not attached to anything. Am I missing some parts? Was this sender just not set up for the low fuel warning?

I wanted to tie my 12v+ into the blue/black-yellow on the other side, connection that George used. The connector is in the drivers side Kick panel.

I found two blue/black wires. Both of them are blue/black on the other side of the connector also. Both are switched hot.

One goes into a 4 pin connector, the other into a large 12 or more pin connector.

The only referance I could find in the book was a blue/black for the anti lock. I don't want to cut into the anti lock.

Is either of the two blue/black the Center diff lock wire that George talks about?

Thanks
Steven

Well I hooked up all the electrical, I used a jumper off the battery till I decide where to tie inthe 12v+. Then I used a 12vdc light in place of the pump and dipped the sender in fuel.

I pushed the switch and the light came on untill I pulled the sender out of the gas, so the electrical all works. :D

So far I have from the switch to the kick panel, ECU, and then the harness exits into the engine bay, it's coiled there waiting to be run back the the rear of the truck.

I have spend some time under the dash and I am a big guy, for the life of me I cannot find the connection that George was talking about, so far I have found Three connectors with big Blue/Black wires, and they all exit the other side of the connectors with the same Blue/Black wire. :crybaby:

Would anybody sujest where I can tie into a 12v+ switched wire behind the drivers side kick panel?
Steven

Fuse block.

Fuel tank

loquito said:
I bought mine from Dan, He sent All the right parts.
when did you buy your from dan? Thought they weren't currently available. Let us know please.
Teresa

I supplied fuel hoses and some other loose bits. The tank, straps, and neck are of the OZ wrecker variety.

Little Boss said:
when did you buy your from dan? Thought they weren't currently available. Let us know please.
Teresa
Hi Teresa
sorry I was not clear.
I got the tank and main parts from Steve-O from Man-a-fre. Dan supplied some smaller parts and helped me back up when I stumbled while doing this mod.:flipoff2:
Steve-O is great, I just put in an order and got a phone call when the ship from Oz showed up with my parts.
Good luck, My wife loves passing Gas stations.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom