Bandeirante Toyota BANDEIRANTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone heard of the Toyota Bandeirante? Was just looking around on ebay brazil, and it appears that this is what the 40 series was there. One major difference though, they appear to have these Mercedes 608D diesel engines instead of B or H series. Weird.
img

Also, there doesn't appear to be any 60 series at all.

There are a huge bunch of different body styles, wheelbases, etc. you can get everything there. They were produced with Mercedes diesel engines for a while which were stronger engines then the later ones. It was the workhorse of choice until recently. Being replaced by defenders and fords (D20s for the pickups).

I've been in Brazil for the last little while, and noticed lots of Bandeirantes. One thing that was interesting, they were all of the same older body style (yeah all different variations and lengths and such), but many had new front grilles like the new re-release 70 series landcruisers. Neat!

On another note, they are named after the people who enslaved and murdered the indigenous people before the colonial era. I believe Bandeirantes are the antagonists in the movie "The Mission". Weird.

On another note, they are named after the people who enslaved and murdered the indigenous people before the colonial era. I believe Bandeirantes are the antagonists in the movie "The Mission". Weird.

Hi Friends, here goes a bit of brazilan and toyota bandeirante history:

The origin of the name:

Bandeirante was the name given to men sent by the Portuguese and Spanish colonizers, who were sent to Brazil 500 years ago and started the land recognition and settled the first towns and provinces later. The Bandeirantes used to carry flags (flag = bandeira = prefix to bandeirante = man who carries a flag) and established under his flag the land he conquered.

At schools, children learn about bandeirantes as heroes (many roads and towns take their names until today) who helped in the colonization and growth of civilization in Brazil. But the truth is a bit harder ... the "so-called" Bandeirantes were men who represented the slag (bandits/murderers) in their countries of origin. They received the opportunity of freedom if accepting the job of recognize and conquer the land newly discovered by their kings. So many of them committed crimes and bad things against the really first Brazilians, the Indians.
However, Toyota chose this name for our Fj40 for his bravery in breaking new paths never crossed before by man...and now possible on board a unique vehicle.

This is a bit of Brazilin history and Toyota Bandeirante name here.

I particularly prefer the name Land Cruiser, as a name of a eternal significance. I do not like the bad reputation of men Bandeirantes, but 4WD cars I DO!

I hope you like it!

Regards​

Last edited:
I don't like the name bandeirante too, I prefer Land Cruiser or Band, or only Toyota as is usually called here.

Wait. I just read the OP and was totally stunned that the question was asked in a thread posted in a subforum called "Bandeirante". What am I missing here?

plus he asked, "has anyone heard of the Toy Bandierante".

soo? in simple questioning form, it sounded to me as if he was looking for more info on them...from people who had heard of them...

i recently came across this link which has a link to Bandierantes, and I hadn't heard of them until a few weeks ago. Now I have a new "Most Wanted" Dream Vehicle!

Brian894x4's Homepage

83 fj40 dash?

does anyone no if center dash piece on the bandeirante is the same as a fj40 and if so is there anyone that knows how I might be able to get one. Help please. Really would like to find one my PO cut a hole in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom