3 Dodge Vintage Power Wagons for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a total of three Dodge Vintage Power Wagons that I wish to sell as I have too many projects and too little time for them all.

1st: Is a 1942 Dodge Military ¾ ton Carryall 4x4 vehicle. Asking $9300.00 or best offer. Almost completely rust free Montana vehicle with the only area of rust on the driver’s side just behind the door covering an area a little larger than a golf ball size. This truck has both halves of the tail gate which are very hard to come by. Currently the truck is runny very well, transmission moves through gears nicely and transfer case functions well. This truck has the stock drive train and engine and are thought to be the original parts for the truck. The brakes do need attention and currently hold no pressure—however the parking brake works extremely well. The windows will go up and down, although the rear windows are in need of lubrication. The truck was used by search and rescue for many years—thus the red color. The front seats are bucket seats from a newer vehicle and there is one original seat frame that comes with the truck. The truck has four military rims and tires and comes with an additional military rim spare. This truck also come with a MU-2 winch and correct bumper. The truck has a clear MT title.

2nd: Is a 1952 Dodge Civilian Power Wagon rust free body---including pickup box and tailgate---with no engine or transmission. Asking $6000.00 or best offer. This truck also come with the correct MU-2 winch and bumber in the front. Pickup bed and tailgate were brought over from Vietnam and are in amazing condition---including the rear fenders. The truck has a clear MT title.

3rd: Is a 1954 Dodge Civilian Power Wagon rust free body with flatbed in running condition. Asking $4200.00 or Best Offer. This truck has larger wheels and rims than standard but also comes with a set of split rims correct for the truck. Previous owner had starded restoration on the truck and it is currently in primer. Truck still has original engine and drive train that are all in working order. The truck still is 6 volt.

If someone where interested in buying all three trucks from me I would make a package deal. All three trucks are located in Bend, OR. Please feel free to email me with questions

Photos of all three trucks---still adding more photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23167882@N07/sets/

(soncken@gmail.com) or call me at (541) -550-6300 Thanks Scott

Last edited:
That red one is very cool with a ton of potential.

As a cruiser and PW nut....

Those are BEAUTIFUL. The carryall especially is uber-cool. That thing DEMANDS a full restoration. I've always thought a carryall was one of the coolest Power Wagons ever. I'm not a huge fan of the military trucks, but the Carryall is sort of the rare exception to that.

Those prices are a STEAL. If I needed another one (or another project at all for that matter) I'd be all over one of those. Best plow trucks ever.

Dan

that carryall is the coolest rig I have ever seen! what potential! what powers that thing?

that carryall is the coolest rig I have ever seen! what potential! what powers that thing?

Same 230 cubic inch Chrysler flathead six that is in the other two. If it's anything other than the original, someone should be kicked in the nuts.

Slow, but reliable, and torquey. The later models of Power Wagons got a 251 cubic inch flathead six (same engine basically, but produced in Canada). They are the "hot rods" of the bunch. You can tell them because the grill isn't flush with the rest of the sheet metal, it sticks out about 1/2" on the later models with the big motors. They are still underpowered. ;) But power is overrated.

Dan

Slow, but reliable, and torquey. The later models of Power Wagons got a 251 cubic inch flathead six (same engine basically, but produced in Canada). They are the "hot rods" of the bunch. You can tell them because the grill isn't flush with the rest of the sheet metal, it sticks out about 1/2" on the later models with the big motors. They are still underpowered. ;) But power is overrated.

Dan

Easy upgrade for the later model trucks is to a flathead 265 ci. Same engine as the 251 just stroked (I think.). Lots of vintage speed equipment for that one including dual carb intake and dual exaust. They still suck on power though. I think with all that your still only talking 125 HP max, and about 10 MPG. Top speed 42 miles per hour. The 251 and 265 engines can be put in the earlier trucks, but it takes about $500 of radiator work to make it fit.
There are kits available to drop in a 318 or 360 without any chopping of the frame. You can put the original motor back in, in a weekend. I have never ever heard of anyone swapping back to a flathead who installed a v8 though.
I'm building my own custom '51 Power Wagon with Polysphere 318, Dana 70 axles front and back, NP205 transfer case with PTO, and 10K Braden PTO winch with Capstan.
snopocalapse08%20013.jpg

This is one of my other Power Wagons... a '53 Swivel Frame. One of maby 40 or so ever built. This is what they did for traction before the advent of lockers.
DSC00154.JPG

The frame swivel in the middle so you keep all the tires on the ground, and no body flex. Fairly caveman, but it works. I've installed a set of lockers, and it's unstopable. The limiting factor was my courage. At extreme angles the carb will flood or starve out of fuel. I've stalled it once in a place where stalling was a very bad thing and I thought I was going to meet Jesus.

The Carryalls are very cool, and pretty rare. I have only seen a few. I think only about 8000 were built. I had one once, but it was a complete rust bucket, only good for parts. And that is typical for the majority that are left today
The one being sold above looks like a good one from the picture and description.

I am on the hunt for a nice clean FJ60 if anyone has one to sell in Washington State.

Last edited:
Boy oh boy, that's the right price on that one! You shoud put it up on the photo classifieds at dodgepowerwagon.com. I bet the '52 and the carryall would be gone pretty quick. You might also consider e-bay. Seems like PW's have been going for decent coin there lately.

These trucks would look great sitting next to an FJ40 or 45---someone has to have a new home for them.

SOLD

All vehicles have been Sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom