22re check engine light.? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1992 toyota pickup with a 22re. I have a check engine light on. I was told to jump the T1 and TE1 jumpers to read the code. There is no T1.
Can anyone tell me what the correct jumpers are?
Thanks.

Code: 21

So I get a code 21.

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]21[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL/OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER SIGNAL[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]OPEN OR SHORT IN OXYGEN SENSOR OR OXYGEN SENSOR SIGNAL[/SIZE]

What does that mean?
Bad O2 sensor?

So I get a code 21.

What does that mean?
Bad O2 sensor?

....if I was a betting man....

IIRC a lot of codes have a, "short circuit in terminal "T" when ac switch ON or IDL point off."

and if that's the case the throttle body needs to be checked.

you don't have have so I'd bet it's isolated to the O2 sensor.

Last edited:
Cool. Atleast we're getting somewhere......hopefully.
I'll try the O2 sensor and see how that goes.:cool:

replace it with a NTK or bosch brand O2 sensor only.

I will toss in Denso (OEM) too. You might be able to pick up a Denso at oxygensensors.com. They have them for many applications.

NTK is good. My luck with Bosch has not been good.

i have used bosch in almost all the cars and trucks i work on. only time they dont werk is if i use the universal one and mix up the heater and sensor wires....

but you are right pappy NTK is better anyway. same with denso. gotta go with the high quality jap stuff anyway :D

I went to the local auto store today, and they couldn't find an O2 sensor in stock. They said they'd have to special order it. It was a bosch. I was shocked! Olreily's auto didn't carry it. These things are not cheap...LOL.

I'm curious, this might be a dumb question,,,,but would this potentially take care of my bogging and slow acceleration issue?

I'm curious, this might be a dumb question,,,,but would this potentially take care of my bogging and slow acceleration issue?

It could. I've also had failed OX sensors cause a rough, erratic idle. It should also improve your gas mileage.

hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom