tube fender build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i needed to do something with my front fenders ever since extending my wheel base to 104"
sooo, i started tackling this awhile back and finally got a chance to start mounting them up.
i started by mocking up the left fender first. took all my notes and bending angles and measurements, then made the right fender with just the specs (no mock up)

i will still add bracing and plan on making a x-piece that will be removable from fender to fender and connect them to the bib.
i might even mount my shocks to them.

pics are in order of build.

:D
DSC02559.JPG
DSC02563.JPG
DSC02565.JPG

the last pic here is of the perfect 69 fender that i cut up and not even sure if i'll use it to skin these :D
DSC02568.JPG
DSC02569.JPG
DSC02570.JPG

before and after pic between fenders
body line at the hood
DSC02571.JPG
DSC02573.JPG

last ones for now of the right side.
put a bit o' paint on them to slow the rusting out in the weather.

BTW, these are tied into the hood hoop, not the bib.
DSC02575.JPG
DSC02576.JPG

thats what I been thinking of doing. but I need some tires to see how everything is going to fit first looks nice dud

Similair to what I started tonight...
The one I'm doing will connect to the sliders though.

I see where you had to butt weld twice ;p That compound curve in the front takes some tricky measuring & tube adjustment on the bender. I'd have to do the same thing. Looks :smokin: You using 1 1/2" HREW?

thanks LC, thanks guys!
i figured if i overshot a measurement i could butt weld it. i measured the cut and readjusted where the bend started on the right fender.(no butt weld there);)

but the compound bend at the front had to be cut and rewelded to get the two bends to look right.

the stock fender fits pretty good.

yup, 1.5 hrew

Love it!! Be interested to see pricing when you get to that part. I like the idea of putting the stock fender over the tube for stock looks.

Love it!! Be interested to see pricing when you get to that part. I like the idea of putting the stock fender over the tube for stock looks.

not sure if i'll be marketing these.

good looking boxers in your avitar!!

I would think these would each be custom made. Things such as Body lift, stinger, apron, no apron, etc would be a nighmare for you.

Good Luck though!

x2

for that reason is probably why i won't sell them.

now if someone wanted the exact same thing and a hood/bib hoop and was to mount them all at the same time.
then it might work.

Nice work, they really look great!!:cheers:

They look great! Am planning on doing some for mine now the wheelbase is at 98", so your pics will help, thanks for posting!

What size Iroks are they?

36x13.5x15s

Cool, and sorry for the off-topic, but am trying to decide between them, 37x14 Iroks, 36x12.5 TSL or 35x13.5 Krawlers at the moment and by the looks I run similar lift, have you been happy with them? many clearance issues?

not sure if i'll be marketing these.

good looking boxers in your avitar!!

Shucks!! I was serious about the interest, guess I'll have to keep thinking about how to mod my fenders to achieve a similar look to what you got. I want to lift the fenders for more clearance without a big suspension lift or drastically changing the looks of the rig. It's going to be a DD with some back country/ hunting thrown in. No intentions of hardcore wheeling at this point.

The big boy in the avatar is daddy 2X now. First litter was with our reverse brindle female--10 pups, 8 various shades of brindle/reverse brindle and 2 white. Second litter was with the female in the avatar (she's now full grown but still petite)--7 pups, 6 in fawn and flashy fawn and 1 white. As you can see, I'm stuck on boxers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom