Iceland Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey BigMac, ever get to NAS Keflavik? There are sources in Iceland for the most extreme cruiser mods, very hard to get elsewhere. I can't look up the websites now, maybe someone else has them handy? I used to sit alert there every January and some summers, before learning about cruisers. If you've got an empty cargo bay you could be a hero and bring some of that stuff stateside.

Scott
USAFRES (inactive) 63ARS Selfridge ANGB MI

I'm still running on space-saver tires, far from ready for that level, but some guys were serious about getting some a while ago. I wish I'd known about them when I was there, he might be interested.

I would have LOVED to have one of those trucks when I was in Yellowknife. The 'ice road' was nice, but driving in the snow would have been great!

I think their rigs are a great example of the right truck for the right place. All of the mods seem to be very focused and purpose built for their environment.

Cheers, Hugh

Scott:
Sorry, I just got around to reading this thread. No, I never made it to Iceland in my flying days - usually flew off the ship. A future visit isn't totally out of the question. What's available only in Iceland? BigMac

Here's a lead for ya'll :D

Try Formverks on the web . Email the manager ... when I did last year , he replied with a sol'n quite 'out-of-the-box' . He said he and a worker would fly to Canada . spend the week and totally mod out my 80 . As he suggested , great for me , and good exposure for his business . BTW , his company makes the best flares in Iceland .

http://www.formverk.is

Good luck ,

Tyler

THAT'S COOL!

It looks like it could use some bigger tires to make it look "right" ::)

I wonder how long it would take Junk to trash those flares?

Looks nice for snow and sand. Would hate to see that in the rocks though.

As someone said above, built for a specific purpose, but definitely would not last more than a few minutes on serious trail.

Are you guys refering to www.arctictrucks.com, they appear to do the same thing.
Give that man the rubber chicken. Yes, you are correctamundo. :flipoff2: :D :D :D :D

Every couple months, some dude here or on the 80's list posts "hey I want 44's on my truck like them, what do I need to do". ??? LOL, look at the sick crap that guys like Christo do with his yellow thonged 80. He's not on 44's. Artic stuff is cool if you live in glacierville or driftville, but pretty sad in buggerville and totally wasted at mallville.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=4243;start=msg34016#msg34016 date=1061563026]
LOL, look at the sick crap that guys like Christo do with his yellow thonged 80. He's not on 44's.
[/quote]

Considering it, problem is the 44's are way to wide. :D

Christo

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=4243;start=msg34019#msg34019 date=1061563437]
Considering it, problem is the 44's are way to wide. :D[/quote]

If you go to 44's, then I'm buying every spare birfield I can find, jacking the price by 10000% and getting ready. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: Just kidding. But, lol, you're breaking enough stuff now.

There was a guy in the US trying to sell an unlocked cruiser with the Arctic Trucks package. He had to re-list it a couple of times (with a lower reserve each time) and I'm not sure he ever sold it. Might want to keep your eye out and see if it pops up again.

I think it was down to about $9,000 last time around. Not even a bad price... but no lockers.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Picture015.jpg

Every couple months, some dude here or on the 80's list posts "hey I want 44's on my truck like them, what do I need to do". ??? LOL, look at the sick crap that guys like Christo do with his yellow thonged 80. He's not on 44's. Artic stuff is cool if you live in glacierville or driftville, but pretty sad in buggerville and totally wasted at mallville.

44's are not wasted at mallville. Nor are they wasted at at townhallville where they are particularly useful for running over "No Cruising" signs :flipoff2:

I know the icelandic peole have special shopping flights here a couple times a year to take advantage of our cheap Canadian dollar, and costco etc....might have to make some friends....:beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm always very impressed with thos mods .. but if you see those Cruiser with huge tires on a snow trip .. it's :eek:

Are pretty fast and agile !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom