need help: trying to install fj80 3rd row seats to an fj60.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
may i ask, are the bottom seat bracket anchors on the fj80 the only attachment required to hold the 3rd row seat in place on the fj80?

are these brackets easy to acquire used?

i got a hold of a pair of grey 3rd row seat from an fzj80 locally and was wondering if you all can show a pic on how a 3rd row seat is attached on an fj80...

thanx....:beer::hmm::popcorn::cheers:

may i ask, are the bottom seat bracket anchors on the fj80 the only attachment required to hold the 3rd row seat in place on the fj80?

are these brackets easy to acquire used?

i got a hold of a pair of grey 3rd row seat from an fzj80 locally and was wondering if you all can show a pic on how a 3rd row seat is attached on an fj80...

thanx....:beer::hmm::popcorn::cheers:

In our country there were 2 trim FZJ80 series: one without the third row and of course the full trim which got the third row seat and plenty of other goodies.

Many owners of the lower trim were hunting for the VX third row seats and brackets and even with the same body, this FZJ80 miss some critical weld on nuts and stamped recesed holes in the in the rear well and floor to install the brackets.

In my shop many years ago we did several of this adaptations and let me tell you it was a PITA and I am talking about the same FZJ80 so I guess it will be a massive on a 60.

You should measure side to side both third row seats deployed to see if they fit the wide rear cargo area of the 60 because I have the impression the 80 is wider.

Floor strike holder can be fitted to the floor but the well holding brackets are my big concern.

The steel areas were the side brackets and the floor strike brackets are bolt, are reinforced because the seat belts are hooked to the seat ( retract sides belt drum are bolted inside the C pillar)

IMHO you will go better adapting any of the universal rear facing third row seat many stores sell.

Last edited:
As mentioned above you first need to see if the 60 is the same width between the wheel wells as the 80. I used to own a 62 and it seems like it is at least as large. There are also mounts on the wheel wells which I am pretty sure just bolt down on top of the carpet, that would be pretty easy it seems like. The center mount would be a bit trickier but if you could find a salvaged 80 you could probably get them to cut it out of the floor and you could weld it into yours, a little bracing and it should be at least as strong as any of the aftermarket seats. This would be a really cool set-up, I looked into the aftermarket 3rd row seats but didn't like them, never thought about the 80 seats or I probably would have tried them. I don't have my 80 here but can take some measurements when I get home this afternoon if you want. (visiting my mother now)
Rusty

As mentioned above you first need to see if the 60 is the same width between the wheel wells as the 80. I used to own a 62 and it seems like it is at least as large. There are also mounts on the wheel wells which I am pretty sure just bolt down on top of the carpet, that would be pretty easy it seems like. The center mount would be a bit trickier but if you could find a salvaged 80 you could probably get them to cut it out of the floor and you could weld it into yours, a little bracing and it should be at least as strong as any of the aftermarket seats. This would be a really cool set-up, I looked into the aftermarket 3rd row seats but didn't like them, never thought about the 80 seats or I probably would have tried them. I don't have my 80 here but can take some measurements when I get home this afternoon if you want. (visiting my mother now)
Rusty

great can't wait to see measurements and also if u can give me a pic of how the 3rd row is attached that would be great...

I've just picked up a couple of pairs of the 60's 3rd-row seats and in comparison they're considerably smaller/lighter than the 80's.

I was doing the 80's 3rd-row seats into my 80 and as described above it was/is not very easy. I'm sure it could be done easier, but if you want the same as the factory set up, then that's a lot of work.

That said, there seems to be some space between the outer edges of the 80's 3rd-row seats and the sides of the (interior of the) vehicle. So width wise I think you might be in luck.

I think just like with almost anything, with some creativity it's possible to get it done.

Good luck!

Just got back home, will get some pictures in the morning of the mounts, the seats in the one I will send you are out of it so you will be able to see the wheel well mounts well.
Rusty

Just got back home, will get some pictures in the morning of the mounts, the seats in the one I will send you are out of it so you will be able to see the wheel well mounts well.
Rusty

if the pics are too much for this post,

u can always email them to me at:

youngpete @ h o t m a i l .com

(remove spaces)

thanx.

Sorry, forgot to take pictures today but just went out and measured. The width of the inside body to body (over the wheel wells) is 4'-11" The brackets for the seats are 4" from the side and bolt on the rear part of the wheel well and the floor. I will get some pictures tomorrow if you still need them after the initial measurements.
Rusty

thanks!:idea:

Sorry, forgot to take pictures today but just went out and measured. The width of the inside body to body (over the wheel wells) is 4'-11" The brackets for the seats are 4" from the side and bolt on the rear part of the wheel well and the floor. I will get some pictures tomorrow if you still need them after the initial measurements.
Rusty

this would be cool if i could get some braketrie from my local salvage yard and put it in my 60 and make it so i can exchange the seats from one to the other just if i need extra seating somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom