Builds ROTW: Jo Maoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my land cruiser story starts with the arrival of my son 16 months ago. After dozens of trips to Baja on motorcycles things
were obviously going to change, but giving up Baja would be hard. On a trip 4 months before my son arrived (jokingly referred
to as "the last moto trip ever") i stumble on the answer South of the Bay of LA. Heading North from San Francisquito a buddy of
mine and i decided to do a little exploring up San Pedro wash. The arroyo ends at Las Animas and there alone on the end of the
beach was a couple camping out of there cruiser. We rolled up and were given frosty cold bottled water out of their fridge and
kicked back to admire their camp and their rig. (turns out this was cpg, small world) On the ride back home i kept thinking about
what a great rig they had - creature comforts without giving up the ability to explore all that Baja has to offer. I was hooked. The
seed planted by that chance encounter became a full fledged obsession as i started researching cruisers. The info here on mud
helped steer me in the right direction and after many "almosts" i finally pulled the trigger in August....

one owner '97 with 97,000 miles and boxes of service records...

175738061-O.jpg

off comes the running boards and flares....

175738051-M.jpg

on goes the lift and pizza cutters...

175738827-M.jpg

off with the stock roofrack and on with the Slee goodies...

182845455-M.jpg

mods thus far,

CDL & 7 Pin Mod
255/85/16 BFG MTs on 7" steelies
2 1/2 " OME heavy front medium rear
Slee "short bus" front bumper
Hella Rallye 4000s
Slee sliders
Superwinch EPi9.0 with solenoid moved under hood
synthetic winch line
dual battery setup
African Outback roof rack
Technitop RTT
Hella worklight
Engle MT45
modded Yaesu FT 7800R

off for ten days in Baja...

222499866-M.jpg

224718487-M.jpg

just back yesterday from the 1000 so i'll add more as i catch up....

Last edited:
Nice rig. Is Baja getting more dangerous ??? Just read an article in Surfer magazine, and saw something on CNN about more people getting robbed.

Nice Rig. It looks clean. I love Baja as well. But-I hear that Baja is getting so dangerous, that there are travel warnings by the US and many reports of holds ups, car hijackings, even rape. It is too bad, because it will keep a lot of people from going to remote areas...1 trouble spot that comes up is San Quentin & Cuatro Casas....

Man, I've always totally dug the fenderless white whales.

Looks great!

It's a 2017 model. He went into the future and bought it. It runs on sunshine.

I've been meaning to find me one of them sunshine runnin futuristic trucks :hillbilly:... I hear they're rare in the states!

Sweet looking truck! I've always wanted to get down and see the 1000.

nice rig, do u have pics of the front end with the shortbus with the hellas on, looking to get this bumper but wondering how and where to mount the lights.

and what rims r those, they stock size steel, or differnet offsets etc

Very nice.

schaweet... does the ninja Lego man equate to requirement that you wear your ninja mask while driving?

I might go with, take the window out of the door, shoot a couple 45's from your lap height as if you shot a carjacker, then keeping the sharded metal on the door, put a small patch from the inside of each whole and replace window...

so when someone looks at it, you clearly shot a 45 mag a three cluster from your lap out through the door...

... ha ha ...

(nice clean rig btw)

Last edited:
schaweet... does the ninja Lego man equate to requirement that you wear your ninja mask while driving?

I might go with, take the window out of the door, shoot a couple 45's from your lap height as if you shot a carjacker, then keeping the sharded metal on the door, put a small patch from the inside of each whole and replace window...

so when someone looks at it, you clearly shot a 45 mag a three cluster from your lap out through the door...

... ha ha ...

(nice clean rig btw)

LOL! That's a great idea! And my door is almost fawked up enough to do it!:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom