TRD Supercharger specs and info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.damianlillardtoyota.com
SUBJECT:​
TRD Supercharger – Tacoma and FJ Cruiser

TRD 4.0L V6 Supercharger for
Tacoma and FJ Cruiser Now Available​
Key Specifications​
Roots-type rotating components in a
one piece integral manifold

Water-to-Air intercooler system with
a custom low temperature radiator
(LTR) reduces inlet temperatures for
maximum power output.

High flow fuel injectors

Iridium spark plugs

Boost Pressure 5-6 psi

Key Features​
50 State Emission Legal

Reprogramming of ECU using Toyota
Tech Stream System

Installation time approximately 6
hours

Performance​
Horsepower and torque ratings were validated by SAE J1349 Surface Vehicle Certification test
procedures – a first for any aftermarket supercharger assembly.
SAE Net Performance
Horsepower 304 SAE hp @ 5400 rpm
Torque 334 SAE ft/lbs @ 3600 600 rpm

NOTE: Supercharger has been calibrated for optimum performance with the stock intake,
consequently the supercharger is not compatible with TRD Performance Air Intake or any other
intake system.​

there is a picture of it with a TRD CAI attached to it so why is it not compatiable?

4.0%20SC%202.jpg

there is a picture of it with a TRD CAI attached to it so why is it not compatiable?

Probably just not "certified" 50 state compliant that way.

Last edited:
There are a number of places taking preorders for these superchargers now. It is about $3400 for the supercharger and $300 for the fit kit. You can order them at toyotaterritory.com. Seems pretty stupid if they can't be used with the TRD CAI. It is clearly mated to the CAI in the picture, so I don't know whats up. I called the TRDusa tech line and they said they didn't know if it would work with the CAI yet. Seems a little late in the game to not know this yet, considering they are taking orders.

MSRP through Toyota dealer

Part Number and Pricing Information​
Parts Only
Description Part
Number
Model Year
Application Dealer
Cost MSRP
TRD 4.0L V6 Supercharger
Main Assembly
PTR29-35070 $4,140

FJ Cruiser Fit Kit
PTR29-35071 2007 – 2008 $360

Tacoma Fit Kit
PTR29-35072 2005 – 2008 V6 Only $360

... I called the TRDusa tech line and they said they didn't know if it would work with the CAI yet. Seems a little late in the game to not know this yet, considering they are taking orders.

If It was up to me, I would have required it to be used with the TRD CAI to make sure there are no restrictions to the additional air it will be sucking in; unless the CAI has some problem with it that makes it unusable with the SuperCharger.

Hey Bricktop,
I've seen it for considerably less than the price you have quoted. I've found three places listing it for $3,400

good price

Hey Bricktop,
I've seen it for considerably less than the price you have quoted. I've found three places listing it for $3,400

That's a great price. $3400 is less than $100 over flat dealer cost. This thing coming out is killing me! I tow a 4500 pound trailer and I love power (which is why my signature has a FORD in it when I really don't like the product lint) but putting another $4k plus into a vehicle that already has decent power is tough to justify. And being in the business, I am acutely aware that the thousands of dollars we put into these rigs makes almost no difference in actual value when it comes time to get something else.

That being said...I'd be willing to bet that by the springtime there will be a nice little whine coming out from under my hood anyways.:doh:!

What places did you find it for 3400?? just wanted to check them out and see if anyone had free shipping.

toyotaterritory.com has the supercharger and fit kit for $3740. I can't remember the other places i saw it, but i'll look around and see what i find.

and by the way, has anyone found anything out about the TRD cold air intake situation?

I Will Be Able To Tell You Later Today If It Works With It Or Not The Owner Is Installing His Supercharger Today.

Nice. Thats what I was looking for. Thanks. Time to start planning for a supercharger. :bounce:

Yes The Trd Cold Air Intake Will Work With The Supercharger. It Could Suck The Filter Inward Though. Will Have To Wait And See On That. The Supercharger Is Sick It Pulled The Front Tire Off The Ground Going Around A Slight Corner And It Was Wet Out. The Whole Front End Of The Rig Pics Up Really High From A Launch. And This Was Installed On A Fjc That Has A 6'' Lift And 35 Inch Toyo's That Are About 15.5 Wide.

Hey Bricktop,

BUY ONE NOW! That is a give-away and they are nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom