repco piston part number info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im gathering parts for a 2f rebuild and I already have a set of new pistons I bought years ago.

They are from REPCO Australia.

Part number on the box is RA2648 P

Specs are 94MM with numbers stamped on the piston

0.75MM (I assume .75 MM oversize)

They are also stamped TOP 0.04 YC. Im afraid this might indicate that the tops are 0.04 lower in order to account for head surfacing.

If anyone has access to info on the part number or info about the info stamped on the pistons please let me know.

Thanks

.75 mm oversize is the same as 40 thousandths over

.75 mm oversize is the same as 40 thousandths over

yeah, maybe the .04 number I mentioned is just another representation of the oversize..

I looked all over and cant find any repco part numbers on line. Maybe one of the AU listers can help out.

I got these a while back along with several sets of main and rod bearings in one lot for next to nothing.

I

If anyone has access to info on the part number or info about the info stamped on the pistons please let me know.

Thanks

You might find they are made by ACL which is the parent company of Repco or maybe the other way around.
Repco is the retail shop name;)
Ill try and pop down to my local Repco store tomorrow ,time permitting,and see what their puters throw up.

You might find they are made by ACL which is the parent company of Repco or maybe the other way around.
Repco is the retail shop name;)
Ill try and pop down to my local Repco store tomorrow ,time permitting,and see what their puters throw up.

Thanks Rosco I appreciate it. Ill post pics as well as these pistons do look a bit different than my stock ones. The dimensions appear to be acceptable, but these have two holes in the skirt on each side where the wrist pin comes through. Maybe it is their design - or maybe these are for an older 2F.

Im rebuilding an 87 2F.

Last edited:
Thanks Rosco I appreciate it. Ill post pics as well as these pistons do look a bit different than my stock ones. The dimensions appear to be acceptable, but these have two holes in the skirt on each side where the wrist pin comes through. Maybe it is their design - or maybe these are for an older 2F.

Im rebuilding an 87 27.

I tried the numbers with Repco this morning and they didn't recognise that part number.
So we tried looking up the part number for a 2F. I cant remember which year oz ditched the 2F for the 3F carb engine,but it was earlier than 87,probably 84 because all the 70 series got the 3F in 84

Anyway their part number is 6KRY 2648 for a 0.075mm o/s 94mm.made by ACL.

Its not unusual for ACL pistons to look different than the OEM type,I think their diesel pistons are different too

Looks like your way ahead on value,their list price is $435AUD:D

I dont know where you can go from there except shoot ACL an email

I tried the numbers with Repco this morning and they didn't recognise that part number.
So we tried looking up the part number for a 2F. I cant remember which year oz ditched the 2F for the 3F carb engine,but it was earlier than 87,probably 84 because all the 70 series got the 3F in 84

Anyway their part number is 6KRY 2648 for a 0.075mm o/s 94mm.made by ACL.

Its not unusual for ACL pistons to look different than the OEM type,I think their diesel pistons are different too

Looks like your way ahead on value,their list price is $435AUD:D

I dont know where you can go from there except shoot ACL an email

Thanks Rosco

The part number sure seems close enough. Interestingly the number stamped on the piston is different than the number on the box. I guess they could be the wrong pistons in the box.. The box is old. Im guessing these were originally made for a 70's 2F.

pic of the box and the pistons. I paid $60 or $90 for these.

Last edited:
Thanks Rosco

The part number sure seems close enough. Interestingly the number stamped on the piston is different than the number on the box. I guess they could be the wrong pistons in the box.. The box is old. Im guessing these were originally made for a 70's 2F.

pic of the box and the pistons. I paid $60 or $90 for these.

The box does look old,they havent use the boomerang emblem or that colour scheme for 20 years.
Im sure you will learn if they can be used when assembly time comes:D

Those holes in the pistons,could they be for letting oil splash through?:confused:

Thanks Rosco

The part number sure seems close enough.

I downloaded ACLs piston catalog and the 6KRY means 6 pistons with the rings.
The "RA" means it is a set of pistons ,rings not included.
If the piston assembly has 6MKRY it means supplied with moly or chrome rings;)

The 2F pistons are not available without rings so I guess that is why the shop didn't recognise your part #

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom