Dual Batteries Under Driver's Seat of FJ40??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone has installed dual batteries (or a single battery) under the driver's seat of an FJ40, I'd like to see some pics. I am particularly interested to see if you have hinged the seat, so it can be tipped forward. ::)

DSCF0018.jpg

mine are under the passanger seat. The floor was boxed for 2 batteries while rebuilding the truck. not a very good pick but might give you some ideas.

BTW my Corbeau seats are remove by pulling a couple pins for easy battery removal.

Ed, I have done this in my fj40, although i think you have seen it. It is a basic battery tray under the front seat. It is tight though, which I don't like. Eventually I plan to make a drop tray under the seat where the batteries can sit in. let me know if you need pics.

Noah

Ed, I have done this in my fj40, although i think you have seen it. It is a basic battery tray under the front seat. It is tight though, which I don't like. Eventually I plan to make a drop tray under the seat where the batteries can sit in. let me know if you need pics.

Noah

Thanks Noah, pictures would be nice if you have time.

Thanks,

Rusty

I would consider Oddysey Batteries

I have used Odyssey Batteries to relocate batteries in other makes of cars to tight small spaces. They are solid state batteries, have super high amperage, and are cold tolerant down to near -40 degrees. Because they are so much smaller than regular batteries, they fit anywhere and frequently require no body modification to make them fit. That are sealed and vent no gasses, so explosion risk and acid inhalation risk are not issues. You may be able to use a single battery also, as they have 1200 amp models. Just make sure you use at least 4-guage wires to carry the current ( I am particular to 0-guage wire, as it is pretty much bullet proof, especially as far as preventing fires in the passenger compartment. If you are placing batteries in the passenger compartment, you really need extra insurance as far as safety).

I am a newbie here, but I have wrenched on cars for a couple of decades now.

Best,

T

I used the oddesy batteries in the race truck and they are nice! small, light and plenty of cranking amps. When I did the dual batteries under the seat on my old FJ40, I used two yellow tops, a bluesea systems battery switch, no isolator and wired them under the seat. I made a roughly 2" deep tray I made ot hold the batteries out of 14 gauge sheetmetal, with re-inforcement.

Heres the best pic I have.
LHinterior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom