broke the recliner switch on my driverside seat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i don't really know how this happened, but it did. the switch for reclining the seat is missing- i must have kicked it off or something. meantime, i can only use long nose pliers for reclining the chair.

looks like i may have to remove the seat, which i hope is not the case. i'm thinking of buying some buttons from radio shack and rewiring the control module for reclining. surely a replacement part from the toyota stealer will be heafty so i don't really want to head that route.

has anyone removed the control module which controls the seat functions? ???

(time to invest in an FSM!)

Re: broke the recliner switch on my driverside sea

Well during my seat mod I broke the same switch. The seat needs to be removed to get at the assembly. The switch used isn't anything I've seen before and is sealed behind a rubber gasket. I did have all the pieces and was able to repair the switch. Basically the stem of the switch broke off of the base and I was able to drill the base and the stem so a small screw could be used to "bolt" the stem back on. This was over 2 years ago and it's been fine. If your damage is similar you'll probably need a new assembly which from what I remember was around $150.00.

Re: broke the recliner switch on my driverside sea

thanks for the tip. it worked! i drilled a small hole where the post for controling the reclining used to be and inserted a 3/4" flat head screw. looks like new again!

:beer: ;)

My recliner switch came off the passenger seat. The pin or whatever it is fell out of the actual switch cover. So you guys put a screw in the the cover. Is this switch cover supposed to be permantely attached to the seat? If so how is it attached. I call Dan and got prices, and labor time estimates for the switch replacement. I need to do what you guys did. Got pics?

SS

Just to prove I searched I'm gonna bump this up (I figure it can't hurt anyways because it was all too easy for me to clock the recliner switch right off my seat, and others will no doubt have this problem)

$150 makes me hurt. Ohh.....

My driver's side recliner button was missing when I bought the vehicle. the lower stem is still there and I can operate it with a small key inserted in the hole where the switch lever was. Never thought about running a small screw in it. For this fix is it best to pull the little panel, I guess? Also, anyone got an extra button?

Last edited:
My driver's side recliner button was missing when I bought the vehicle. the lower stem is still there and I can operate it with a small key inserted in the hole where the switch lever was. Never thought about running a small screw in it. For this fix is it best to pull the little panel, I guess? Also, anyone got an extra button?

Cdan can sell you just the button for cheap$$
Mine is missing as well and I haven't installed
the button Dan sent me.

Any one have pics of that screw install??

The switch assembly is used the same as most of the Lexus/Toyota models of the same era. I bought a used unit from a Lexus ES300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom