Ga Cruisers Annual Picnic: RESCHEDULED to Oct 17th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED UNTIL OCT 17TH DUE TO RAIN

Georgia Cruisers 4wd Club Members:
MAKE PLANS NOW - MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
2009 Annual Event - Saturday, October 10, 2009 -- Dawsonville Property - Spring Lake
Please make plans now to attend the Georgia Cruisers Annual Event at "SPRINGLAKE", the Dawsonville Private Property our club is privileged to use. We will have multiple activities - including swimming, trail rides (on site), horseshoes, kids activities & contests, mountain biking, camping, Outlet Mall shopping for spouses, etc.

The BOD has decided to again subsidize most of the cost of the event, and to continue to offer a nice raffle. Since most of the raffle items are purchased at club expense, the BOD has decided to again ask the membership for a registration fee of $10.00 per member. The registration fee includes all activities and enables the club to continue to make a contribution for the use of the property. The club will provide a hamburgers, hotdogs, various sides, and drinks, etc. The Registration Fee can be paid at the event, or in advance, if you prefer.

The Annual Event is open to current PAID club members and immediate family at club expense. We only ask that you sign up and confirm the # of adults and children that will attend from/with your family, so that we can properly order an adequate supply of food. THE ONLY CHARGE WILL BE THE $10.00 REGISTRATION FEE. Single members are entitled to bring a guest / date of your choice, along with other immediate family members / children. Any other non-club invitees should be approved by the BOD, and any non-member guests who plan to bring a truck to ride the trails will be charged a fee of $30.00.

Everyone – In the years past we all enjoyed sharing Snacks, Hors D'oeuvres, and Desserts which were provided by all you great cooks in the club. So, we are asking that each of you help out again this year. Please bring a dessert or some type of snack / hors d'oeuvre which you can share.

We plan to have another nice Raffle this year. Hopefully, very similar to what we did last year. The BOD has authorized spending up to $750.00 for raffle prizes. In addition, we will have a few donated prizes. Each current paid member is eligible for the Grand Prize and will be issued (1) Grand Prize Ticket. We will also have many other nice prizes in multiple categories. Raffle tickets will be sold on-site for $1.00 each. Any person attending is eligible to win any prize except the Grand Prize. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN ANY PRIZE!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Bring your own DRINKS - The Club will provide ice and water.

Bring your own LUNCH. There is a grill available if you would like to cook. The Club will provide charcoal.

Everyone - Be careful about heat-sensitive / perishable foods - KEEP YOUR FOOD SAFE!! Anything kids or adults would enjoy snacking / grazing on during the day would be appreciated - (Cookies, Cakes, Chips, any Covered Dish you can monitor, Popcorn, Nuts, Pretzels, Brownies, etc.)

VERY IMPORTANT! - Bring your own CHAIRS, CAMP STOOLS, etc. We always need more seating. The Club will provide tables.

The club will provide dinner around 4:30 - 5:00 PM. - The club is providing hamburgers, hotdogs, various sides, and drinks, etc.

Raffle will be immediately after dinner so be sure to buy your Raffle Tickets early!!

Camping on Friday and/or Saturday night is available for a fee, and further information will be forthcoming.

If you have any questions, or can help in any way with planning, set-up, or raffle prizes, please contact Josh Schmitt, Club Vice President, or any BOD member. Our phone numbers are listed on the club web-site which is: ( www.gacruisers.com ) under "Contact Us." We'll be glad to entertain any suggestions, and will do our best to answer any questions.

Further information about times, etc. will follow as soon as possible. Help us make the 2009 Annual Event the best ever!! We have a sign-up sheet started and will bring to the next meeting, October 06. If you wish to respond sooner, we need the following information: # of Adults, # of Children, Covered Dish, Dessert? We hope to hear from all of you ASAP.

NEW EVENTS INCLUDE:

Blind-Fold Driving (You and a Co-Driver navigate a traffic cone course)

Timed Event UP & DOWN V-Ditch

Josh Schmitt for the Georgia Cruisers BOD

Last edited:
Adrien and I will be there.

Ted,

I don't know if you remember me ( Nick). I came to the June meeting and drove the lifted Silver 100 Series. I paid the "application" fee but only could make it to 1 meeting. This will be my 2nd event. So would I be considered a member?

Can bring a few chairs/drinks for everyone. As for now count me in, I won't be able to make it to the OCT 6th meeting as school and everything but expect to see me at the event the 10th

Thanks.
Nick.

I'll be in town that weekend (99% sure) and would like to come to the event.

I think this event should be the following weekend, cause I got plans for the weekend of the 10th. :doh:

I think this event should be the following weekend, cause I got plans for the weekend of the 10th. :doh:

Blow off the wedding they can always have another.

Last edited:
Ted,

I don't know if you remember me ( Nick). I came to the June meeting and drove the lifted Silver 100 Series. I paid the "application" fee but only could make it to 1 meeting. This will be my 2nd event. So would I be considered a member?

Can bring a few chairs/drinks for everyone. As for now count me in, I won't be able to make it to the OCT 6th meeting as school and everything but expect to see me at the event the 10th

Thanks.
Nick.

I'll be in town that weekend (99% sure) and would like to come to the event.

Yea I remember. Come to the meeting Tuesday night and we'll get you with Steve Curly regarding your membership. Hope you can make it.

Yea I remember. Come to the meeting Tuesday night and we'll get you with Steve Curly regarding your membership. Hope you can make it.

I won't be able to make it Tuesday. I'll be in school in Milledgeville. Would email work?

I won't be able to make it Tuesday. I'll be in school in Milledgeville. Would email work?

Nick, PM sent in regards to details.

I'm out. :frown:

DSCN2004.jpg

Come and ride I will have an open seat and probably my dad will have one too.

Here are some pics to get people an idea on what some of the trails look like. Anyone else coming?

gsmtr010.jpg

2-21-2009005.jpg

gsmtr004.jpg

I'm planning to be there Friday afternoon if anyone is planning to come early.

Josh, Don't forget the remaining pipe section for the chapter awning still at my shop, if you were going to erect it this weekend. It is a curved section so you could not easily replicate it in a pinch.

We won't need it for this ride there is a pavilion at Ralph's. I will be coming by pretty soon to pick it up though.

any contingency plan for a rain out?

50% chance of T-storms. I am still questionable due to wedding nearby. I said to wife.... we can wheel in the morning and go to wedding in evening.
WHat if you get stuck?
I said never, but got the look of death....:frown: and something about spending time with her.....
Wheel in the rain :D

Josh, what time are you planning on getting there on Friday afternoon? Dumb question, but I guess you guys will wheel some on Friday afternoon/early evening?

The reason I am asking is Friday may be my only day to be there.

Sid

What time would you like to ride? I can be there anytime because I have Friday off of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom