ambulance doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive seen some pigs lately with the ambulance doors on the back, was this a stock option or an aftermarket deal. if it is aftermarket does anybody have any info on what doors work with what years ect...

yeah im finding that out. so do you know if you got doors from an aussie supplier if there would be any huge problems with putting them on a local cruiser

yeah im finding that out. so do you know if you got doors from an aussie supplier if there would be any huge problems with putting them on a local cruiser

I know people here have discussed trying to convert their tailgated pigs to an ambulance style. But I don't know if anyone has actually done it. I'd imagine there would have to be substantial modifications to the rear in order to accommodate the doors. Granted anything is possible with enough time, money, and skill.

As for a supplier I have no idea. perhaps one of our Auzzie friends will chime in here.....

There are piggys with barn doors here in Central America too. There was one at the wrecker about two months ago when I was there last. I'm not sure if it's still there but if someone wants barn doors badly enough I'm sure I could bring up a pair. I'd probably just have the wreckers whack off the last 6-12" of the truck so it's all there. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it that I can find.

hmmm.... i wonder what a thing like that would cost. im really kind of getting stuck on this idea.

hmmm.... i wonder what a thing like that would cost. im really kind of getting stuck on this idea.

IF you truly are interested PM me. Where in Montana are you exactly?

you guys need a pic :)
55twin.jpg

Where in Montana are you exactly?

Charles, he's about an hour south of Missoula on highway 93, I could probably transport over from here if your not going that way.

Paul

great pic johnny c good reference for different years thanks

HI all, as far as i know this ambulance doors Pig, are made for the japan models TLC's you can find this kind of doors on the pigs sold in latinamerica south america, australia and europa, i i realy don't know if they sell that version on the us mine is an ambulance doors one but the first one that i have it was the other type ...........
to be honest better the other type of doors
View attachment 207569

Last edited:
more barn doors, ebay australia. could not get a $500 bid
b945_1.jpg

Ambulance doors where offered every place except the USA. And there were less made then regular tailgate styled 55's. I used to have a link to a japanese site that had all the factory production numbers and the translations.

Why is it that here in australia we got all the good stuff? Maybe Toyota Australia had a better friendship with the lads in Japan? Seems we lost some of the stuff you guys got too.

We Got
Choice of Barn Doors or Tailgate
Full Floater rears
Standard Retractable frt Seat Belts and static Rear lap/sash
Two Tone Rear Lenses

Guess really it's not too many differences. We got Diesel Engines in the 60 Series, Which Personally, having both had both Petrol and Diesel, is a huge bonus.
Unfortunealty,
Electric Rear windows are very rare here, and seemed to be only available up until 1973 or maybe even earlier. We also missed out on Wheel Hubcaps, and it also seems that only the White over Brown colour option was offered after about 1973

Dave

Why is it that here in australia we got all the good stuff? Maybe Toyota Australia had a better friendship with the lads in Japan? Seems we lost some of the stuff you guys got too.

We Got
Choice of Barn Doors or Tailgate
Full Floater rears
Standard Retractable frt Seat Belts and static Rear lap/sash
Two Tone Rear Lenses

Guess really it's not too many differences. We got Diesel Engines in the 60 Series, Which Personally, having both had both Petrol and Diesel, is a huge bonus.
Unfortunealty,
Electric Rear windows are very rare here, and seemed to be only available up until 1973 or maybe even earlier. We also missed out on Wheel Hubcaps, and it also seems that only the White over Brown colour option was offered after about 1973

Dave

I still think that you guys got some better options though . . . i'd love to see some barn doors on mine . . . still trying to rebuild my rear motor to even get the window down

Well I pulled this set of barn doors from a '55 here in Guatemala. Currently, John aka "greasecruiser" has dibs on them, if he decides he doesn't want them then they will be available to whoever gets me a deposit to hold them. I'll be heading north and passing through most of the western states, WA, OR, ID, UT, CA, NV, AZ, CO, NM and TX so delivery there within reason is possible.

They are complete with all hardware (hinges, catches etc.) but no frame from the truck body itself.
barn1.JPG
barn2.JPG
barn3.JPG

I looked at a pristine 79 FJ55 here in the states the other day. Spotless paint, no rust, ARB, lifted, sliders, ambulance doors, factory jump seats behind the rear seat, ps, ac, custom rear bumper, awesome. It came from and was titled in Peru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom