Rookie Intro of my new pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
74 FJ55, Bone stock almost rust free.
Purchased from Flagstaff earlier this year, drove it home and sent it down to Lance at IPOR.
Mods being done include front disc brakes, suspension lift, new interior, new Ram Jet being installed after interior and engine bay get speed lined, and a custom designed front bumper by Lance.
Will post a few pictures from when I purchased it to where we're at today:
Just Painted.jpg
Bumper.jpg
CIMG0701.jpg

Last edited:
New springs from Man-A-Fre in the top photo. My plan was just to have IPOR check it out and fix the the lights and then one thing lead to the next....Lance calls it project creep! It didn't help have Ryan Scott's 55 sitting there with all the Mod's. It should be on the road first week of Jan.

Lou

Niiiiiiiiice ride man! Clean & straight! I'd add power steering to the list also. What tranny you gonna run? Lance will do it up right!

almost rust free.

Did you check the rockers, rear area of front wheelwells & rear quarters yet?

damn...looks like a sweet rig. love the interior panels!

Ipor did find the right front floor support was pretty bad, so it was cut out and rebuilt otherwise nothing serious yet! But this truck has live out west and is now in Va, so I'm sure its comiing. Powersteering(toyota mini box,New H55 trans(Thanks to Seth at PVCruisers) and Vintage A/C. I mocked up the bumper full size in cardboard and we hung it on the front , it looked great so IPOR built it, its a one off, rear bumper is IPOR with a tire carrier. I believe Lance is working on a front bumper that will be Laser cut, you should call him. Thanks for the support.

Lou

Last edited:
That is a great looking rig, congrats and keep posting pix as you finish more projects.

Nothing like looking at a smooth pig

toyota mini box

I would NOT recommend a "mini" box when you can use an FJ60 box or even better, a Scout box. Looks like everything has to say Toyota on this buildup, so FJ60 box it is.

Ipor did find the right front floor support was pretty bad

I'd say that's the worst place for rust to hide in a 55, right below the front lower door hinge. Both sides of mine were eaten up badly.

I really like the style of that bumper. It's about time somebody came up with an LC bumper that's not a piece of channel w/ a winch plate welded to the back. Nice touch!

Lou,

The 55 is looking great! You are being too modest about the bumper. Lou brought in an excellent cardboard bumper mocked up to the 55. The guys at Ironpig did a great job duplicating it. I like the Ramjet and the H55 tranny that will be a killer combo. Love the seats. I am waiting on material so that I can get my rear seat, and interior panels recovered, bad news is there is an 8 week wait on the material from Procar.

Ryan.

awsome ride!............need to get mine looking like yours.........guess it is pretty much impossible being an east coast pig.............now to try to find the basic parts to get mine going...........hmmmmm; by the way; Lance does a great job with the 3rd row rear seats for those of us that have kids......lots of them..........our four love the rear 3rd seat.....they fight over it to see who can make the silliest faces to passing drivers!

Lou

More Pic's

Here's the front disc, suspension and engine bay and interior ready for speedliner. Yesterday the crew at Ipor fit tested the engine and trans. The good news was the shifter placement , right through factory cut out. Lance insisted not using Mark's Adapter with the Ram Jet & H55 setup would put the shifter in the correct place.:bounce:

Lou
front suspension.jpg
interior.jpg
engine bay (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom